HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:06:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 30, 2020  (Read 5434 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 09:36:49 PM »

That aside, the show does end okay, and was worth it ... if you knew what the hell you were seeing.  Grin

Hmmm.  In that case maybe I’ll give it another chance after I read the trades.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 09:39:41 PM »

I’m going to add these two trades since I finished this weeks list so early and I feel like reading today.

ComiXology
The Witcher Vol 2: Fox Children
Batman The Dark Knight: Master Race

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 10:39:48 PM »

ComiXology

——————————————————————

The Witcher Vol 2: Fox Children - Even better than the first volume.  I enjoyed this a lot.  The art was a lot better in this volume.  Nice twist ending that I should have guessed but didn’t.  Made for a nice surprise.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 11:20:31 PM »

ComiXology

——————————————————————

Batman The Dark Knight: Master Race - Great book!!  Easily an equal chapter in this series and might be my favorite.  There is so much that happens here that I can't possibly list them all.  Superman's family, classic Justice Leaguers, Kandor, the new Robin-Batgirl-Batwoman, and so much much more.  Frank Miller really came back with a vengeance and Andy Kubert's art does the old master proud.  Yeah, I recommend this one!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »

Batman The Dark Knight: Master Race - Great book!!  Easily an equal chapter in this series and might be my favorite.  There is so much that happens here that I can't possibly list them all.  Superman's family, classic Justice Leaguers, Kandor, the new Robin-Batgirl-Batwoman, and so much much more.  Frank Miller really came back with a vengeance and Andy Kubert's art does the old master proud.  Yeah, I recommend this one!

Sweeet.
I gotta admit I was worried about that one (How much Miller was involved with the writing  Undecided)
Glad it wasn't too Miller'y (I hope that is what you mean)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS