HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:47:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2020-21  (Read 5664 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: September 14, 2020, 11:45:58 PM »

A whole weekend of football and no one says anything  Shocked

Well the Pats under Cam Newton looked very good and seeing Cam run and score two touchdowns is sure to get the other AFC East teams depressed

Toms debut with the Bucs was just the opposite, a lose with 2 interceptions, one being a pick 6.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 04:00:34 AM »

Would you believe I didn't watch a single game.  Not even the Cowboys!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »

Go Pack Go! What a drubbing!!!

Here's hoping for week 2! I even enjoyed Browns and Bengals!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:57 AM »

What a week 2 by da Pack! W00t!

Of course, if the Packers D had a hard time making the Lions punt in the first half...against the Saints next week? Offense better score over 40 again!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 02:18:10 PM »

The Cowboys game was pretty crazy.  I can’t believe Atlanta let us get that in side kick to win the game.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »

Go Pack Go!

I predict a late March Superbowl......

well, not saying the Packers for that...but right now...it's really hopeful positive looking!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »

Balitmore and Pittsburgh
Ohhhhh man, an hour and a half to go. My wife has glued her phone to her hand, ready to call 911 if my heart suddenly explodes
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »

Man that’s going to suck next Sunday having your first loss of the season.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Grin
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:02:38 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 10:00:18 PM »

Im'ma tell you the same thing I been telling everybody, don't discount that possibility  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »

Im'ma tell you the same thing I been telling everybody, don't discount that possibility  Undecided

Lol. Even a blind squirrel.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 02:07:52 PM »

Lol. Even a blind squirrel.....

Cheesy Right?

Or a team with little to no defense. Although you guys looked liked you too a step forward this past week, which scares me
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 01:32:06 PM »

Just...wow...this season....

Be. Professionals.

If your millions are tied in playing a game, be available for the game. I know you sacrifice so much as athletes, and the rest of the organization bends over to make sure that happens, but realize this covid is not a joke.

The Ravens will lose Wednesday. Will they overinfect the Steelers with someone not tested positive yet, but is a carrier? And because of money, NFL will NOT cancel games. 'if there are warm bodies, you are playing'

Once the last bye week is done here, honestly, the NFL should look into just throwing another off week in between 14 and 15 and tell everyone quarantine. I don't see how things will get to the end if they don't.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 09:46:51 AM »

I hear they are talking about, once we get to playoff time, doing what the NBA did and lock everyone down in a "bubble" or ... something ... not really sure what the plan (if any) actually is there, but I can't see that working with the NFL. Too much travel involved 'per game', unlike the NBA that just played on one court. So sure sure you can lock the NBA down in a city (or in this case Disney) for a month of playoffs because you play so much so fast and also only have ... what ... 20 to 25 total people involved per team? I just can't see the NFL's "one and done" playoff style locking players away like that.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 07:19:33 PM »

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.  The NHL did the same thing and it worked. The two conferences were at different locations until there were only two teams left.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »

But again, much like the NBA, each team in the NHL has, comparatively, a small smattering of players and personnel compared to the NFL. There are much fewer players (and staff) involved in the NBA and NHL games. There are roughly what .. 20 to 22 NBA staff at each game. Hockey has ... maybe what a total of 30? Maybe (I don't know ... 23 players a couple coaches and a couple health guys?) Well the NFL has 53 rostered players, only 45 play a night, but you're gonna want to bring you practice squad in-case an emergency, plus lots more asst. coaches than any other sport and then the medical staff ... it is a lot.

Plus the NHL had only two locations Edmonton and  ... Vancouver ?

And the "field" is relatively the exact same for all of them.

So yeah, locking down 14 NFL teams would consist of housing and protecting what, almost hundred players, coaches and health and fitness staff from each team, and ... AND have them be willing to give up "home field advantage". And I am not just talking about fans or the crowds, but the nuances of each field. Like the advantage for ... say Steeler kickers that are more familiar with the winds in Pittsburgh. Little bumps in the field like (even though this is far in the past now, just using this as an example) the rise at the 50 that Dallas use to have in its stadium.

Not saying that it can't be done, but I can't see the NFL doing it. Which means they will
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS