HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:16:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raised by Wolves  (Read 2844 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »

So anyone check out this new Ridley Scott, HBOmax show yet? Much like The Boys, the first three are up on Max right now, with new episodes hitting every week. It is ... well ... kinda a story about the Androids from Alien ... kinda. Not really, but ...  It is an odd Sci-Fi thing  Grin but very high production values. You can tell it was very well done by the look of it.

Ridley has kinda left me wanting with the last couple Alien Universe movies, but I think he has a pure win here. Not sure it will garner the attention it deserves because it is out there, but when the wife likes a sci-fi show, especially one like this ... not really Blade-Runner, but not like Star Trek  Grin, you know it has to have something going for it.

And no ... no Alien monsters here. Well, not like that and ... well ... no
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »

So no-one?

Nobody has dipped into this great show?

This show is so F'n good ... If you enjoy sci-fi on the lines of Bladerunner and other low key stuff that is. Ya know, not a pew, pew fest but more "down to Earth", android future type science fiction
 Grin

So damn good!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 01:21:49 PM »

I watched the first two episodes last night. Really good show.  Great characterization.  Intriguing storylines. Just overall fascinating tale.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »

Yeah, it gets crazy, but good.

Saw where one reviewer nailed my thoughts when he said -
"Its like every aspect, plot and idea of every Sci-Fi story, movie or book rolled into one series, but in a good way"
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »

Episode 3

More background into the humans on the ark.  And some answers to mystery of the children’s illness. A confrontation between the human adults and the androids looks to be coming faster than I would have thought.  I bet this doesn’t go as expected as there are some interesting twists in this show.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 09:06:05 PM »

Watched the season finale yesterday.

Just ... wow ... what a crazy show this has been.
(And I loved it)
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »

Finished up this morning and I have one thing to say.

WHAT.......THE.......FRAK?HuhHuh?

This show went from action cool to completely, utterly freaking weird.  And even that word doesn’t describe it right.  Of course I’m hooked and I don’t know why.  It’s just so bizarre.  I find myself completely invested in these characters and I really shouldn’t be.  I just HAVE to know what happens next!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS