HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:31:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Boys Season 2  (Read 5641 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2020, 02:46:14 AM »

Episode 1

Oh yeah!  The Boys are back.  And the sh!t has already hit the fan.

Great start to the new season.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »

Episode 2

Definitely gone a different direction than the comic.  But interesting none the less.  The seven are still dirt bags.  And the Deep?  Oh man how low can one go?  Loved the Patton Oswald voice cameo.  Cracked me up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 05:36:31 PM »

Episode 3

OMG I dropped my jaw and busted out laughing.  Great episode.  The Deep tries to make a comeback and Butcher....well no spoilers but OMG insane!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:24:14 PM »

Took me a few to get back into it. The first episode just didn't pull straight in, but we got through the 2nd and 3rd a couple nights ago and yeah, it's back!!!

Really thought the new girl was gonna be ... something different than she is  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »

Man, last episode's Kimiko (The Female) and Frenchie stuff was almost all from the comic. Pretty cool.

Even though he is a terrible Ninja  Cheesy Cheesy
On top of that house!?!?
, I can't wait for Black Noir to be revealed/unmasked. My brother who also watches the show is gonna crap his pants
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »

Episode 6

Loved all the action in the mental hospital.  And one of my favorite actors back on the small screen!  Also the Stormfront reveals were cool.  A lot happened in this episode showing it’s quality is continuing.

Episode 7 drops today!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »

Episode 7 drops today!

Well, tomorrow for us early to bed East Coasters
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 03:13:34 AM »

Episode 7 drops today!

Cheesy

Geez.  I’ve had my days mixed up all week!  It’s tomorrow for me too.   Embarrassed

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »

Episode 7 drops today!

Cheesy

Geez.  I’ve had my days mixed up all week!  It’s tomorrow for me too.   Embarrassed

Cheesy
Just thought you were one of those fanatics that will stay up til 12 AM (Eastern) to watch it
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »

Close. I watched it this morning.  Grin

Episode 7

I almost swore off watching this anymore.  Putting current political talking points into Stormfront’s mouth is unconscionable.  If this keeps up I’ll definitely stop watching.

But the last scene in this episode will keep me on board for now.  I would have been blown away if they hadn’t already ruined the episode.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »

Stayed away from this until the show was over as I know I may make some peeps made but...

I am not sure about the unconscionable aspect. She is a Nazi spewing Nazi stuff, not what your values are, maybe your President's, but if that hits too close ... well ... I mean ... maybe ... ya know?
 Wink

I try to never take "one" as "the whole" and I think that is what you are getting mad at, maybe? I don't see where this show is blasting Republicans nor the values they hold here in this show, at all. Yes, they are certainly pointing an armed finger at the current administration and the absurdity that surrounds it, or him more precisely  ... which in comparison to past Republican White Houses only highlight just how far this one insane semi-dictator and his administration has gone, but what was said from a character we know to be a "bad guy" shouldn't hit that close to home for you, buddy. It shouldn't make you mad. Honestly, you have to admit being conservative has little to do with what is being shown in The Boys or even what the current leader of your party, the "Mad Toupee" says. They are not remotely the same. But honestly, like I just said, it is also apparent that very few of those conservative values and/or political matters are coming from the orange dude in charge, so I don't see the connection to you.

Showcasing the similarities of a character and a guy that is totally off his rocker is not saying the entire party fell of the chair. Although some are getting really close ...  *cough* Florida Governor *cough*
 Cheesy

And yes, I understand the desire for separation of entertainment and politics, but we have never been in this situation before. Never. And while I hope we never do again, I understand it is hard to keep such a vast (and ever growing) divide of sentiment out of your personal thinking and thus really hard to keep it out of anything we do. Just pop into any social media site and you will be flooded with people's opinion or, worse, people's opinion being shared as fact/truth.

Hopefully, either after this upcoming election or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that we can return to a little more civility, honesty, compassion in everything we do, regardless of who or what party is in the big house. But that will have to start exactly where this hatred has started from ... the top. We need to get back to disagreeing with respect, not name calling. We have to get back to wanting everyone in America to succeed, not just if they are red or blue. We need to get back to compassion, empathy and understanding even when we don't agree. And that last one, that is a biggie, because regardless of what anyone feels about this guy in charge, you can not with a straight face ever accuse him of having compassion or empathy. And if you can, please provide a link as I have never seen him have either. Ever.
 Grin

I really hope you saw it Jeff, but I more hope we are cool.   Smiley You are one of my (admittedly limited amount) Republican friends, Jeff   Smiley and I like having different opinions around me Grin Just ask my Trump loving, Fox News recording, Baptist Deacon Step-Dad. We "discuss" all the time
 Cheesy Cheesy

Just remember, Trump is not Republican. He's just saying he is. He doesn't care about your values. None of them. He goes with whatever gives him the most notice. Period.
 Smiley

But all that aside, haha, I hope you kept watching the show Jeff. Because if you stopped, you missed out on what is quite possibly the best last episode of any show I have ever seen. Amazing!!!
 Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 09:42:55 PM »

No I stuck with it and enjoyed the ending.

But on the political slant that is my point.  She wasn’t spewing only Nazi stuff.  She was throwing in current political views and by association saying they are the same.  Which they are not.    It’s the misrepresentation that gets me angry and it’s only there to push one political side over another and suppress debate.

This probably hits me more personally because I have a liberal friend who can’t win a debate of words so he always calls republicans nazi’s and then acts all smug. So I’m really tired of the BS around that.

I can have a civil conversation all day long around the pros and cons of any administration but when it devolves into false name calling it gets my ire up.

But as for the Boys - I still liked the show overall even though it’s taken a big divergence from the comic.  I liked the first season better than the second, except for that scene with the whale which goes down as one of my favorites.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »

Glad we cool, Jeff!

I need to be more quite at times  Cheesy Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »

I binged season one this weekend and just started season two. Fun and twisted.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »

Yes indeed!!!

Great show!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS