HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:48:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 19, 2020  (Read 3065 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 19, 2020, 07:56:51 PM »

Looks a lot like last week with a few new!   Grin

ComiXolgy
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Empyre: X-Men #3
Empyre: X-Men #4
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
Wolverine #4
Something is Killing the Children #9
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23
Die #12
Low #23
RAI #6
Birthright #45
Decorum #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dr. Strange #3
Hawkeye: Freefall #3
Immortal Hulk #31
Marvels X #2
Nebula #1
The Amazing Spider-Man #39

--------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:00:03 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 11:36:53 AM »

Batman #97
Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook
Excalibur #11
Justice League #51
Spider-Woman #3

Donald Duck FCBD 2020
Investi Gators FCBD 2020
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »

It is going to be a long few days ... Come on new tablet ... GET HERE!!!!

JSA #18
JSA #19 - AAaand I'm out! I just can't read comics on my phone. I need my tablet!!! I got through issue #18, love Johnny Sorrow, but I couldn't do it again. Couldn't do another issue. Started #19 and lost all desire. And thank goodness for guided view. It sure helped, but in the end ... no. So for awhile, any new comic will now have to be read on the computer, before I go up to bed
 Grin

Invincible #52
Invincible #53
Invincible #54
- Yea!! I am finally at the point where I'm hitting new story. I originally read a lot more than I thought but now happy to get to some "new" stuff.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 03:12:35 AM »

ComiXolgy
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
Wolverine #4
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23
Die #12
Low #23
RAI #6
Birthright #45
Decorum #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dr. Strange #3
Immortal Hulk #31
Marvels X #2
Nebula #1

Outlaw Territory Vol 3 - Didn’t realize this was 300 pages.  I’m a third of the way through it and as always I’m enjoying the western short stories.  Decided to pause though and try to catch up on some of the others from my list.

Dr. Strange #3 - love this series.  This issue was the best so far.  Who knew our tattoos were a whole universe of their own.  Great villain who I hope to see more of.

Hawkeye: Freefall #3 - Another good Hawkeye series.  I would think Night Nurse would be used to seeing the weird in heroes though.  Clint is definitely headed for more heartache.

Immortal Hulk #31 - Whoa! Didn’t see that ending coming.  This should be a really dumb idea for a story but as usual Al Ewing makes it amazing and really fun.

Marvels X #2 - turning into quite the nice prequel.  Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Dare Devil, and a glimpse of Machine Man made this especially good.

Nebula #1 - Am I hitting a home run this week with Marvel? Yes I am. This was a fun comic as well.  Kind of a rehashed plot line but putting Nebula through it could be interesting.  Love the upgrade and what it could do for her story.

The Amazing Spider-Man #39 - And there you have it. Complete home run on my MU reading.  This was a really fun issue as well.  Spider and JJJ at their best..and worst!  Thumbs up on this issue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 04:00:53 AM »

ComiXolgy
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11

Wolverine #4
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23
Die #12
Low #23
RAI #6
Birthright #45
Decorum #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dr. Strange #3
Immortal Hulk #31
Marvels X #2
Nebula #1

Empyre: X-Men #3 & #4 - Glad that’s over.  I really didn’t like it.

Mauraders #11 - Another good one.  Can’t wait to see what this means for the next story.  Plus Lockheed is awesome.  Smiley

X-Force #11 - Good issue. This book has grown on me.  It also seems to be where the sword event is going to kick off from.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »

Still waiting on my new tablet to arrive and so comic reading has been ... nil, essentially
 Cry
I have the computer option, but have been sitting so long at it I don't want to go that route either
 Grin

But hey, I can still talk about what others are reading!!

Outlaw Territory

I'm gonna get these one day ... one ... day

Dr. Strange #3 - love this series.

So damn good!
Sadly, you only have three more issues  Cry

Marvels X #2 - turning into quite the nice prequel.  Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Dare Devil, and a glimpse of Machine Man made this especially good.

I enjoyed the first two issues as well. The stoppage kinda killed the series for me, but I think once it is done I will jump back in.

The Amazing Spider-Man #39 - And there you have it. Complete home run on my MU reading.  This was a really fun issue as well.  Spider and JJJ at their best..and worst!  Thumbs up on this issue.

Cheesy
Yeah, good one.
I find I do now enjoy, for whatever reason,  the other artists on Amazing over Ottley. Not sure why, as I really thought he was a great pick for the job. Hell, I STILL think he is, but yeah, maybe I am just over his style as I've reading so much of it over and over and over and ...
 Grin

Empyre: X-Men #3 & #4 - Glad that’s over.  I really didn’t like it.

Whew!
Even though I decided to wait on Empyre, I almost got this as I was looking for some X stuff. Thanks!!!

Mauraders #11 - Another good one.  Can’t wait to see what this means for the next story.  Plus Lockheed is awesome.  Smiley

Still find this funny that both of us had a "meh" feeling about this series but on the reread found it pretty good.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »

Still find this funny that both of us had a "meh" feeling about this series but on the reread found it pretty good.
 Grin

I know! It’s one of my favorite X-titles now.  That’s just crazy.  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 02:55:32 AM »

ComiXolgy
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11

Wolverine #4
20XX #5

Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23
Die #12
Low #23
RAI #6
Birthright #45
Decorum #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dr. Strange #3
Immortal Hulk #31
Marvels X #2
Nebula #1

Wolverine #4 - Darn it.  I was going to move this to MU but I don't think I can wait six months for the resolution to this cliff hanger!  Looks like I'm buying at least one more issue.  I liked this issue.  Actually enjoying Omega Red for the first time.

Something is Killing the Children #9 - Great issue.  Learned about the demon inside of Erica Slaughter's stuffed animal as well as her origin.  The battle is about to get HUGE.

20XX #5 - A break from action but not drama.  A spy is exposed and everything starts to fall apart.  Kind of a slow issue but its a setup for bigger things that should start next issue.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »

Wolverine #4 ..... Actually enjoying Omega Red for the first time.

It's the Bogdanovic art  Wink Cheesy

Something is Killing the Children

Thinking this is only going to go 12 issues? I can't find anything on it (one way or the other) so maybe I am wrong, but I kinda hope that is the case.
For one, I don't want it to drag out to become a "never ending quest book" and for two, after reading issue ... #4 ... #5 ...(?) ... or so  Smiley I decided to wait and get it in chunks. So yeah, hoping it ends soon purely from a selfish standpoint.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 01:08:26 PM »

Something is Killing the Children

Thinking this is only going to go 12 issues? I can't find anything on it (one way or the other) so maybe I am wrong, but I kinda hope that is the case.
For one, I don't want it to drag out to become a "never ending quest book" and for two, after reading issue ... #4 ... #5 ...(?) ... or so  Smiley I decided to wait and get it in chunks. So yeah, hoping it ends soon purely from a selfish standpoint.
 Cheesy

I disagree.  I hope it doesn’t end there.  There are way too many questions still out there regarding the organization she works for.  I do hope the story in this town ends at 12 and I think it will.  But there is a lot more to explore.  Me thinks you haven’t got far enough into it yet.  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 04:51:28 PM »

ComiXolgy
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11

Wolverine #4
20XX #5

Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23
Die #12
Low #23
RAI #6
Birthright #45
Decorum #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dr. Strange #3
Immortal Hulk #31
Marvels X #2
Nebula #1

Die!Die!Die! #11 - lol.  Reminded me of Hit-Girl.  Loved it!

Moving the rest of my list to the new week.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS