HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:01:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 12, 2020  (Read 2652 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 12, 2020, 04:33:12 AM »

This weeks list.....

ComiXolgy
FCBD 2020 X-Men
FCBD 2020 Spider-Man
The Batman’s Grave #1
Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again TPB
Casanova TPB Vol 3
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Empyre: X-Men #3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
Something is Killing the Children #9
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:14:29 PM »

Empyre #5
Flash #759
Marauders #11
Venom #27
Wonder Woman #760

Super Mercado FCBD 2020
Vox Machina FCBD 2020
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »

ComiXolgy
FCBD 2020 X-Men
FCBD 2020 Spider-Man

The Batman’s Grave #1
Casanova TPB Vol 3
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FCBD 2020 X-Men - Nice preview of things to come in the X-World.  Nothing earth shattering.

FCBD 2020 Spider-Man - Fun little trip with Spidey & Black Cat and the Venom story looks cool.  I'm just tired of Knull.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »

Just a couple

DCeased: Dead Planet #2  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked HOLY #@$&# ... The Moat!!!!
Dark Knights Legends of the Dark Knights #1 Okay(?) Robin King story, kinda, but yeah, Rodney's right

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 03:29:09 AM »

ComiXolgy
FCBD 2020 X-Men
FCBD 2020 Spider-Man

The Batman’s Grave #1

Casanova TPB Vol 3
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23

The Batman’s Grave #1 - Intriguing start to Warren Ellis’ Batman tale.  I think I’m going to like this.

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again TPB - I’d forgotten how this went. Really fun reading it again as it felt like I was reading it for the first time. Fun little world Miller has here.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »

The Batman’s Grave #1 - Intriguing start to Warren Ellis’ Batman tale.  I think I’m going to like this.

Sweet! Glad to hear. I'm going to do the Jimmy Olsen thing with this one. Get the first 11 issues but wait to start reading until right before the 12th and final one hits.
 Smiley

Went on another read/buy-fest yesterday and knocked out a good bit (for me at least  Cheesy). Had to get my money's worth, especially after that DC cancellation announcement
 Angry
But I also went ahead and got a few X books for some reason. I am still so interested in them, but ... well I will talk about it later. May go on a Empyre tour now too, keep using that Comixology Unlimited discount while I have it (I think I am going to only go one month ... maybe  Cheesy). But honestly not sure about the Empyre thing ... I think I can easily wait on a Slott involved thing.  Undecided Did get the Pulp OGN that Jeff talked about though. Not sure when I will read it but for $13? Heck yeah!

Okay, enough jabberin'

DCeased: Hope and Worlds End #7 - Jeff and I just can't get on the same page with this Cheesy Was okay
Hawkman #18
Hawkman #19
Hawkman #20
Hawkman #21
Hawkman #22
Hawkman #23
Hawkman #24
Hawkman #25
Hawkman #26
This, while I would have waited if I knew there was a chance I could have gotten it in 6 months (or at least I think I would have waited Grin), was still, to me, worth it and was a damn fine read. Going to go over the state of Hawkman, which I now understand and love, over in the Hawkman thread soon, but yeah, this was nice!!!

Cable #2 - Wanted to give this one more shot as I have never been a "Cable" guy. I like it!
X-Factor #1 - This also hit for me. I like Baldeňn's art style (from that Domino series) so that helped.
X-Men #10 - Hickman writes with ... it is almost like his writing style has no empathy to it. There is nothing here that I can point to for me to have that feeling come to mind, but as much as I like his stuff, and I do, a lot, he also has a coldness to him at times. Now I understand that characters may dictate that by being in the story, but ... I don't know ... just something I see/feel from time to time. Didn't ruin anything by any means  Smiley
I also found it funny that I read two of these in the exact opposite order as in the back of the books. Not that it mattered here, but didn't notice it until I got finished with the final book that I read the last book listed first and the first book listed last
Again, no big (or even small) deal, just found it funny that I chose the way I did.

DCeased: Dead Planet #2
Dark Knights Legends of the Dark Knights #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »

Decided to go ahead and move all ... most of the X books to MU. I enjoyed what I read this week, but I do feel if I don't read them all I won't be up to date when Swords start (which is what Marvel count on). The big thing about this though is that X of Swords will also have to wait for MU. Heck, I should post a list of all the titles I am going to wait on now. It needs to be a lot more than it is.  Cheesy

Like this one ... I decided to wait on Empyre as well, just too much I want to read and may as well get them all on my already paid for account.

And getting back on point  Cheesy I starting reading the past X books, most I had already read, in an effort to get caught up with them, so I can get caught up for Swords, so I can keep caught up with Marvel.
 Grin

Marauders #4
Marauders #5
Excalibur #4
Excalibur #5
X-Force #3
X-Force #4
X-Force #5
- Percy's writing didn't hit as bad this time around ... for some reason.  Huh

Invasion! Alien Alliance #1 - So I also decided I wanted to try and read, for the first time, the L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 series (ya know, because I am totally finished reading all the other titles I wanted to catch up on like JSA, John's Flash, Perez's W.W. and so on  Cheesy but I only got about 23 pages in its 80 pages

Cable #2
X-Factor #1  
X-Men #10

DCeased: Dead Planet #2
Dark Knights Legends of the Dark Knights #1
DCeased: Hope and Worlds End #7
Hawkman #18
Hawkman #19
Hawkman #20
Hawkman #21
Hawkman #22
Hawkman #23
Hawkman #24
Hawkman #25
Hawkman #26

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »

ComiXolgy
FCBD 2020 X-Men
FCBD 2020 Spider-Man

The Batman’s Grave #1

Casanova TPB Vol 3
Outlaw Territory Vol 3
Mauraders #11
X-Force #11
20XX #5
Die!Die!Die! #11
Family Tree #7
Gideon Falls #23

Casanova TPB Vol 3 - This was a weird trippy end to the series.  I think I liked it but not sure.  I don’t think I understood what happened in the end.  But it was an interesting ride.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 02:44:50 AM »

Well, I started Outlaw Territory but clearly not going to get it finished tonight.  Looks like I'll be moving the rest of my list over to next week.  Fortunately, next week looks like it's going to be lite on new stuff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS