HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:25:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 5, 2020  (Read 5624 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 08:48:18 PM »

X-Men (FCBD) - decent X story setup for Swords but had to get the into to Tom Taylor's Marvel

Hey Rodney - if you still have that extra issue and your offer still stands, I’d love to get it.

Absolutely! I think we're connected on FB. Shoot me your address.

Hey guys, just to save you some postage and time, Comixology has the FCBD issue, well, I should say they have the Spider-Man one as well so HERE is the link that has both
 Smiley

EDIT - Unless you want the physical issue instead of course, Jeff.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:56:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 10:28:38 PM »

Thanks Perry for saving us money.

And thanks Rodney for being so generous!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 03:20:53 PM »

ComiXolgy
Casanova TPB Vol 2 Gula - Collects Casanova: Gula #1-4
Giant Size X-Men: Fantomex #1
Empyre: X-Men #2

Adventureman #2
DCeased: Dead Planet #2
Strange Adventures #4

Pulp GN by Brubaker & Phillips

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers of the Wasteland #1
Captain Marvel: The End #1
Doctor Strange: The End #1

Doctor Strange #2
Hawkeye: Freefall #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Doctor Strange #2 - who knew I’d enjoy a story where the Wrecker is the main villain!

Hawkeye: Freefall #2 - Hawkeye dating the Night Nurse? I like it!

Immortal Hulk #30 - Always good.  Truly has brought horror back to the Hulk series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 03:24:01 PM »

Doctor Strange #2 - who knew I’d enjoy a story where the Wrecker is the main villain!

Right? Not since 80's Thor have I seen him (or that crew) look so cool  Smiley Still sucks major they canceled this title after 6 issues!!!  Angry Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 09:01:02 PM »

Had some extra time today so I added these:

Immortal Hulk: Great Power #1 - A One shot issue where Spider-Man becomes the Hulk and Bruce has to figure out how to get the power back.  Was a pretty fun story with some good cameo's. Story by Tom Taylor so I should of known it had potential.

Ant-Man #1 - I didn't like this one.  Art is cartoony and the story wasn't very interesting.  I'm out.

Dare Devil #17 - Another good issue.  I'm with Foggy in that Matt is only fooling himself if he thinks he's not Dare Devil anymore.  Good setup for the next arc with all of the mobsters fighting for power.

Darth Vader #1 - Good story!  Picks up right after Empire Strikes Back and Vader is out to find and punish all those who had hidden his son from him.  I actually did not mind seeing that one panel with Jar Jar on it.  Maybe we'll find out what happened to him.

DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #7 - Man, I'm so back and forth on this title.  This issue was excellent.  And I'm actually looking forward to next issues "Super Pets" appearance!   Cheesy

———————————————————————-

ComiXolgy
Casanova TPB Vol 2 Gula - Collects Casanova: Gula #1-4
Giant Size X-Men: Fantomex #1
Empyre: X-Men #2

Adventureman #2
DCeased: Dead Planet #2
Strange Adventures #4

Pulp GN by Brubaker & Phillips

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers of the Wasteland #1
Captain Marvel: The End #1
Doctor Strange: The End #1

Doctor Strange #2
Hawkeye: Freefall #2
Immortal Hulk #30

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »

Went on a read fest last night as my legs were killing me and I couldn't sleep. Ya know, turning lemons into lemonade an ice cool Shandy  Grin

Aliens: Original Screenplay #1 - Wow, so different than the movie so far as characters, design and tone
Fire Power OGN - The large prologue to Kirkman and Samnee's new Image title. Not needed, but cool
Fire Power #1
Fire Power #2
- Much like Iron Fist (MUCH, but with fireballs  Grin) and with a slight Avatar Air Bender tilt.
Plunge #4
Plunge #5
- Didn't realize I missed issue #4, but glad I noticed prior to issue 5's reveal/situation. Only one issue to go and it feels like it needs two for a proper close. That has me worried a little.

Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #6
Spider-Man/Venom (FCBD)
X-Men (FCBD)

Kill Lock #6
Ice Cream Man #20
The Cimmerian: Red Nail #2

Strange Adventures #3
Our Fighting Forces #1
Strange Adventures #4
Injustice: Year Zero #1
Injustice: Year Zero #2
Injustice: Year Zero #3

DCeased: Dead Planet #1

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS