HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:39:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 5, 2020  (Read 5623 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 05, 2020, 03:41:24 PM »

Summer’s almost over!  Here’s my bucket list for this week.

ComiXolgy
Casanova TPB Vol 2 Gula - Collects Casanova: Gula #1-4 - 50% Done
Giant Size X-Men: Fantomex #1
Empyre: X-Men #2
Adventure an #2
DCeased: Dead Planet #2
Strange Adventures #4
Pulp GN by Brubaker & Phillips

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers of the Wasteland #1
Captain Marvel: The End #1
Doctor Strange: The End #1
Doctor Strange #2
Hawkeye: Freefall #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »

Dark Nights Death Metal: Legends of the Dark Knights #1 (whew! how about a shorter title?)

Bibi & Miyu FCBD 2020
Invincible #1 FCBD 2020
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 12:42:23 AM »

ComiXolgy
Casanova TPB Vol 2 Gula - Collects Casanova: Gula #1-4
Adventureman #2
Strange Adventures #4

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Casanova TPB Vol 2 Gula - Great second arc. A lot of time spent with all of the secondary characters  as Casanova is missing. Was a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:26:45 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 11:36:02 AM »

Dark Nights Death Metal: Legends of the Dark Knights #1 (whew! how about a shorter title?)

Cheesy
At least you got an issue. Hear the speculator demand is crazy because of a "first appearance" thing

Man I enjoyed this first issue. However, after that ...  Undecided (Although thinking back, issue #2 may have been good as well. Or issue #3  Cheesy I just know it had one more good issue out of the five Undecided)

And Fraction's Casanova title ... love the art and coloring in that thing. Only checked out the first issue of the first two runs, but yeah ... it's on the list
 Cheesy

Was awakened at 2:30 with leg/feet issues so I got a couple in last night ...ummm, this morning  Smiley

Kill Lock #6 - Man I enjoyed this. Kinda of a cliffhanger ending, kinda ... well very much "open ended", yet closed out nicely. If ya ever want to read a story about four "convict" robots that are locked together with a program (The Kill Lock) that kills them all if even one of the four dies and their mission to rid themselves of said program, this is for you  Cheesy Seriously though, a really good "ending" that leaves me hoping the sales are good enough for another six issue run.

Strange Adventures #3 - Whoa, did Alanna just do that to ... him? Something is up, yeah?
Our Fighting Forces #1 - Another of the Walmart reprints. I grabbed it because it was written by Christopher Priest and it was pretty damn tight, but needed about 3 more pages I feel.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »

Yeah, it's the first appearance of the Robin King. Story sucks, though.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »

ComiXolgy

Adventureman #2
Strange Adventures #4

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Giant Size X-Men: Fantomex #1 - Every-time I talk about moving some of the X-titles to MU I come across a great issue like this one.  And then, for fear of missing something, I want to keep getting all the titles as they come!  This one definitely hints to future endeavors, probably in Marauders!

Empyre: X-Men #2 - This was a LOT better than the last issue (and I had no problems with that issue).  In fact I really liked it.  Love seeing Magik in charge as the War Commander.  And the plant ladies from one of the earlier X-Men issues are a fun addition.  Next issue has some awesome reinforcements coming!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 12:36:36 PM »

Empyre: X-Men #2 - This was a LOT better than the last issue (and I had no problems with that issue).  In fact I really liked it.  Love seeing Magik in charge as the War Commander.  And the plant ladies from one of the earlier X-Men issues are a fun addition.  Next issue has some awesome reinforcements coming!

I didn't get #2 because #1 sucked. Maybe I'll go back and pick it up.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »

Comixology has a deal on the first three issues of Tom Talyor's new Injustice digital (HERE) so of course I had to get that, but also knocked out a couple more -

Strange Adventures #4 - Man, what is up with Alanna?
Injustice: Year Zero #1
Injustice: Year Zero #2
Injustice: Year Zero #3
- Good start.
Five years later, off their trip to a new planet, the remaining heroes get a ...  Nahhh Wink I'm not spoiling it  Grin

Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #6 - NOOOOOO!!!! Last issue?!?!?! Damn it. I loved this damn title!!!!
Screw this crap, I'm out!

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Smiley

Kill Lock #6

Strange Adventures #3
Our Fighting Forces #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 04:05:00 PM »

ComiXolgy

Adventureman #2
Strange Adventures #4

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Adventureman #2 - the mystery gets bigger as we get a peek at the old HQ.  I’m still pulled in.

DCeased: Dead Planet #2 - Great issue!  Love seeing the Shadowpact in action.

Strange Adventures #4 - MR. Terrific on Rann!  I’m wondering if there really is a conspiracy or is this all a red herring.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »

A second trip to my LCS...

Batman #96
Empyre #4
Justice League #50
Lumberjanes: Farewell to Summer FCBD 2020
Power Rangers: Ranger Slayer #1
Young Justice #17
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 01:11:40 AM »

ComiXolgy

Adventureman #2
Strange Adventures #4

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Pulp GN by Brubaker & Phillips - Good one shot crime story by Bru & Phillips.  Takes place in the 1920’s where a pulp writer is actually writing his adventures from the 1890’s when he lived in the old west.  And as any story from these guys there’s always more to the story than what you see on the surface.  Thumbs up.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 03:25:10 AM »

ComiXolgy

Adventureman #2
Strange Adventures #4

Marvel Unlimited

Doctor Strange #2
Immortal Hulk #30

———————————————————————-

Avengers of the Wasteland #1 - Great first issue!  I hear it doesn’t hold up but I hope that’s not true!

Captain Marvel: The End #1 - Not bad.  I enjoyed this for the most part. Kind of a What If? Feel to it.

Doctor Strange: The End #1 - Same here.  Wasn’t sure about this at the start but had a strong finish.  I liked it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

Rodney went back for more comics!? Getting the bug again my man?
 Smiley

Spider-Man/Venom (FCBD) - A decent freebie, the short Venom story was cool, setting up issue #26
X-Men (FCBD) - decent X story setup for Swords but had to get the into to Tom Taylor's Marvel event

DCeased: Dead Planet #1 - of course this is the title that had the Cyborg "Spoiler" thing in it. Ha, I read both but hadn't finished this one yet and got all confused  Grin

Ice Cream Man #20 - Can't stop getting this. Don't know why. It is just odd enough to keep me hooked.
The Cimmerian: Red Nail #2 - Loving this publisher's Conan stuff. Fantastic art and great rendition of the Robert E Howard original stories. Now the wait. The seemingly long wait for the next two issue story  Sad

Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #6

Kill Lock #6

Strange Adventures #3
Our Fighting Forces #1
Strange Adventures #4
Injustice: Year Zero #1
Injustice: Year Zero #2
Injustice: Year Zero #3

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »

X-Men (FCBD) - decent X story setup for Swords but had to get the into to Tom Taylor's Marvel

Hey Rodney - if you still have that extra issue and your offer still stands, I’d love to get it.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 06:10:45 PM »

X-Men (FCBD) - decent X story setup for Swords but had to get the into to Tom Taylor's Marvel

Hey Rodney - if you still have that extra issue and your offer still stands, I’d love to get it.

Absolutely! I think we're connected on FB. Shoot me your address.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS