HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:42:05 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, June 17, 2020  (Read 3358 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 17, 2020, 06:30:30 PM »

Making my way through new and backlog comics this week.

ComiXolgy
Birthright #43
DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #1
DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #2
DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #3
Excalibur #10
New Mutants #10
Plunge #2
Plunge #3
The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage #3
Something is Killing the Children #7
Superman: Man of Tomorrow #4
Superman: Man of Tomorrow #5
Superman: Man of Tomorrow #6
Superman: Man of Tomorrow #7

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #6
Dare Devil #7
Dare Devil #8
Dare Devil #9
Dare Devil #10
Invaders #11
History of the Marvel Universe #5
King Thor #3
2099 Alpha #1
Fantastic Four 2099 #1
Invisible Woman #5
Fantastic Four: Grand Design #2

———————————————————————-

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:07 PM »

Does Birthright finish at 45?!?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:27:38 AM »

I believe it is 50, but could be wrong  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:06:29 PM »

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1
Excalibur #9... apparently I missed last month's issue.
Superman #22
Wonder Woman #757
Young Justice #15
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 06:54:09 PM »

I believe it is 50, but could be wrong  Cheesy

I think 45 is it.  The preview talks about the fallout from the final battle.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »

I believe it is 50, but could be wrong  Cheesy

I think 45 is it.  The preview talks about the fallout from the final battle.

Yeah, but I think my boy Dave said awhile back, again could be wrong  Wink, that it still had more to go after the big end, that the final battle will not be the end of the series. It could be 60 or something crazy, but from what I remember, or obviously don't Cheesy it was ending in with a 0 at the end, on a "ten".

But yeah, I could be totally wrong and if could be issue 45 for sure.
 Smiley

EDIT - Just checked Image and they have Vol 9 (41-45) as being the last trade solicited and #45 as the last comic, though they do that when the breaks hit as well, but looks like it would be a good place to stop. Still ... I could've sworn ... Oh well, guess we'll see in a month
 Grin

EDIT 2 - Okay, there are spoilers in the link but if you want to see the full article I found something HERE from October of last year, right after issue #40 hit the stands. However, if you just want to see the part that concerns this ... I have copy and pasted the last paragraph from that article, by article writer James Ferguson and Birthright's Joshua Williamson regarding issue #s 45 and 50

JF: Aside from all out war and more emotional moments, what else can we look forward to in the final issues of Birthright?

JW: There’s a lot coming down. I think the ending for issue #45 will be really surprising for some people. Andrei and I were just talking about #50 and how meaningful that will be. There’s some really cool stuff coming. #41 has some really amazing art. #43 is going to be a very special issue. It’s a lot of Andrei showing off in terms of crazy art stuff.

Birthright from Image Comics and Skybound Entertainment is entering its final ten issues. Comicon would like to thank Joshua Williamson for taking the time to speak with us.

Now, if things have changed since then I can't say, but that is what I was able to find.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:23:35 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:04:37 PM »

Aaaahh.  Thanks Perry.  Good to know we will get a few issues more!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

I tried to wait ... I failed

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 - I was kinda worried about this as I found the entire Justice League run by Snyder, that was the continuation of his Dark Nights stuff, to be awful as hell in concept and totally laughable in execution. Perpetua? Really? And Luthor being turned into ... well, anyway. So I was originally just going to wait and read this on DCU but yeah, Capullo got the better of me. It was pretty "fun" and did have a decent recap in it for the important aspects that have already occurred, as stupid as they are, but is it a must read? I don't think so, but will I keep going? Probably.
 Undecided

Invincible #24 - Okay, I am remembering more and more of this now which can only mean I am getting closer to where I stopped prior. There is still some stuff with Angstrom Levy yet that I have to go through again, he has just now
combined all his alternate dimension memory and had the accident that left him disfigured,
and I do remember more on that front coming, but I am getting there!

And Jeff, I forgot to tell you that you are probably right, if I stop reading Invincible now I won't get back  Cheesy
I think I need to not read as much of it at a time, maybe. It is just so hard
Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 04:55:21 PM »

ComiXolgy
Birthright #43
Excalibur #10
New Mutants #10

Plunge #2
Plunge #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #6
Dare Devil #7
Dare Devil #8
Dare Devil #9
Dare Devil #10
Invaders #11
King Thor #3
2099 Alpha #1
Fantastic Four 2099 #1
Invisible Woman #5

———————————————————————-

Birthright #43 - setup for next issues big battle between Mikey and Lore!

DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #1-3 - this is more of a “what happened” to other characters as DCeased started.  Ok but not too exciting.

Excalibur #10 - I didn’t miss this title the past few months.  Once the crossover happens I’m moving this to MU.

New Mutants #10 - same with this one.  Not caring much for this arc.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »

Strolling along

DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #3 - As Jeff said, more a recap, but I still enjoy this so much
Strange Adventures #2 - I am going to continue getting this, but I may wait to read it until it is almost done. Had to go back and flip through the first issue as I totally forgot what had happened. Still a good issue, and love how King worked Michael Holt in this story. Looking forward to more.

Invincible #25
Invincible #26
Invincible #27
Invincible #28
Invincible #29
Invincible #30
Invincible #31
- As I said to Jeff and Jimmy, I think I remember why I stopped reading Invincible and it has to do with a little blue guy. And no, not talking about a Smurf.
Going to try and breakthrough that barrier this time and hopefully make it out the other side.
 Cheesy

Also grabbed a couple AWA comics to check out. Those included JMS' new AWA title "The Resistance" (a 6 issue story that on first glance seems very similar to his Rising Stars stuff ... that I think is set to be an ongoing series of mini-series) and two more issues from another 4 issue mini called Hotell (Kinda Twilight Zoney from what I understand), Not sure if I will get to them or even The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage #3 tonight, as I'm still in more of an Invincible mood but, yeah, we'll see ...
 Undecided

Oh, and Jeff, I am trying to make the switch to MU right now for all the X stuff. That (ten) X of Swords thing is gonna be expensive, much like the Empyre stuff and as I can't pull both without kicking myself in the ass, I am jumping off well before hand  Cheesy I would like to not get either and wait for both, but I know I am weak ... We will see how that goes.
 Cheesy

Currently, the only Marvel I am going to TRY and keep up to date with are Conan, Thor, Dr. Strange, Strange Academy (if it comes back) and maybe one or two more. But as I said above ... but I know I am weak ... We will see how that goes.
 Cheesy

Invincible #24

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 03:15:54 AM »

ComiXolgy
Birthright #43
Excalibur #10
New Mutants #10

Plunge #2
Plunge #3

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #6
Dare Devil #7

Dare Devil #8
Dare Devil #9
Dare Devil #10
Invaders #11
King Thor #3
2099 Alpha #1
Fantastic Four 2099 #1
Invisible Woman #5

———————————————————————-

Plunge #2 & 3 - Now this is getting weird but interesting.  I can’t wait to find out what the heck is going on!

The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage #3 - Another good Issue. Love the gumshoe noir version.

Something is Killing the Children #7 - Story moves forward intensifying the conflict. Thumbs up.

Dare Devil #6 & 7 - New arc is also good.  I like the new cop. And Kingpin must be up to something big.

Done for the night.  Will have to roll over everything else to tomorrow’s list.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »

First of all ...
here ya go, guys.
Get THIS and you can save on subscribing to MU and DCU for a year or so
 Cheesy

Not a ton of reading last night, not like I had planned anyway.

Invincible #32 - Got one more in. Nothing happened though. The visit with Atom Eve
Hotell #1
Hotell #2
- After reading the first issue, I immediately regretted getting both ... not trying issue one before getting the second. But, as I did get them both, I decided to read the second issue anyway. Whew. I feel a tad better now. Issue 2 tied more into the story and made the title more enjoyable. Is this mini a must read, not even close, but it at least became a decent read for me (so far). But I don't think I would say get this unless you can get the entire arc of four issues for under $4. Although I will now have to get the final two issues because it did pull me in. Haha.

Strange Adventures #2

Invincible #24
Invincible #25
Invincible #26
Invincible #27
Invincible #28
Invincible #29
Invincible #30
Invincible #31

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS