HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:57:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stargirl on the CW  (Read 4222 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 20, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »

Who watched last night's premiere? What were your thoughts?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:20:51 PM »

Who watched last night's premiere? What were your thoughts?

I tried to, but so many people were trying to watch it kept locking up. I would get about 2 or 3 seconds worth of show for every 10 to 15 seconds of freeze.
Will try again tonight or in a few.

I did enjoy the opening scene
seeing the JSA getting their ass handed to them and all. Loved seeing Wildcat thrown out of the window as "we" drove up  Grin

Seeing all the characters was nice, the look was a tad ... 1990's Flash show, which had me a little sad and from what I can tell in the little amount I saw it is gonna be like most CW television shows, which makes me even more sad and a tad angry, but I do want to give it an honest try.
Don't think I will end up enjoying it, though I am hopeful that I was more annoyed by the stops in action than I was the show. It was 50/50 going though, so ...
 Undecided
We will see

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »

So I have now watched the first two episodes of Stargirl and, after I finally stopped screaming in disgust at how they promote adolescent disobedience (I would have not taken a darn 16 year old talking back to me that way  Angry Angry Angry) I realized this show is another one that just is not for me.
 Grin

The "everything is so bright" atmosphere, the total 1950's structure with that ever so "nice and gentle" (and yes, updated) dialog, all combine to drive me as nuts as when I was trying to force myself to watch Arrow.
 Grin

I hope everyone else here (and beyond) enjoys the show however. I don't want to see any comic based show bite the dust, but I am much more a Swamp Thing / Teen Titans viewer, even with all the issues I have with those two  Cheesy, than this kind of programming sadly.

It is the same reason I can't reread most of Stan Lee written books. Even my beloved FF. I have to be in the mood for the early cheesefests, but his style goes beyond what I can sit through. I say that still knowing of his (and certainly the artists of the time) importance to the puzzle that is the comics that I adore of course.
 Smiley

Hey, it takes different strokes, right!?
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »

I haven’t started it yet but am hoping it’s one I can watch with the kiddo.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »

I haven’t started it yet but am hoping it’s one I can watch with the kiddo.

It is and you both should enjoy it, I think, although you may want to warn her (not that she would need it of course Grin) to not get any ideas about talking to adults like this young lady does.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 02:28:48 PM »

So I was bored after finishing of Titans and figured I would jump into episode 3 of this. I will say this one was the best one so far. A little too predictable, but hopefully not for the target audience to mind.  I will not spoil anything although I am interested in how this ... next thing will play out. So much so that I already plan on watching episode 4
 Shocked

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »

Episode 3 was a twist but it's a fun, no brain show.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »

So some how, some way, I am caught up on this show. Ha. CW'azy as that sounds but I am. Now though, I just came here to say two things, well say one, ask one  Grin

Say part - The latest episode, episode six, was pretty good. Although still filled to the brim with teen angst and rated "G" falsehood, the action scenes were damn well done. I mean really, really well done. Kudos to all for that!

Ask part - Jeff, have you and the little one started to watch this yet? I still say it gives young folks too much verbal power early on, well into episode 5 even, but that is a personal parenting issue  Cheesy Cheesy and all that aside I do think you guys can dig it. And if you make it to episode six, you guys are in for some nice action! And I am not an action guy, usually but yeah, this was good.

See? I can't stop thinking about how good that action stuff was
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 11:08:43 PM »

Hi Perry - we have not started it yet but will.  Right now we’re going through Agents of Shield.  I’m caught up but it’s all new to her.  We are halfway through season 5 so it won’t be long before we’re done.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS