HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:14:22 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A GOLD Lantern Is Joining the DC Comics Universe  (Read 3357 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 10, 2020, 08:10:07 PM »

The Legion of Super-Heroes #6

Written by Brian Michael Bendis & Art by Ryan Sook
Cover art by Travis Moore & Colors by Jordie Bellaire
Meet the latest crop of Legionnaires: Gold Lantern! Monster Boy! Doctor Fate! Each a new face in the DC Universe, each with dark secrets, and each with a reason to be part of the Legion's goal to bring the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century. And one of them has a surprising connection to Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy. All of this and the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public! The future of the DC Universe continues to unfold!

In comic book stores June 10, 2020.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »

I am so non-objective when it comes to new Bendis ideas!

"This is gonna be terrible!"

"What shlock!"

"Lame!"

"Bad execution, and worse follow through!"

LOL at myself. Never mind me, carry on!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »

I so wanted to like Bendis on Legion but it was terrible and I had to quit reading.  This looks interesting and might be good but I just can’t go back.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 07:55:39 PM »

I stopped reading his Legion after the 2nd(?) or 3rd(?) issue, but I have heard at issue #5, all the bullshit breaks down and the series begins. A lot of people I know and/or trust said it gets better at that point. However, that s what, one issue? Two at the most before the shutdown?
I may ... MAY load issue #5 in the ole DCU app a year from now and try it, but I, like most others here, have no desire to try it again. Especially at cover price

And I say that as someone that can ... used to be able to ... give or take Bendis.  Cheesy

(Although the general consensus seems to be that he has now, in the last 5 years ... I don't know ... fallen so far into his own bad tropes that his writing has become a hindrance to his own plots)
 Grin
I've always understood the angst or downright hatred of even his early stuff, but I still enjoyed it ... for the most part, talking heads and all ... again, for the most part, but it has now gone well beyond ... well ... yeah ... Seems he is now universally up there with ... the old X-Men writer ... what his name ... Austen?
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »

Chuck Austen, yup. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 10:29:42 PM »

Seems he is now universally up there with ... the old X-Men writer ... what his name ... Austen?

Ouch.  That's gotta hurt Johnny.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 11:47:40 AM »

I so wanted to like Bendis on Legion but it was terrible and I had to quit reading.  This looks interesting and might be good but I just can’t go back.

I completely understand. I dropped at the third issue when Damian came to the future. I hate this character and feel he destroyed the Teen Titans. I do plan on getting this issue out of curiosity and seeing its origin of a new Lantern color.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS