HR Boards
March 03, 2024, 11:02:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 22, 2020  (Read 2845 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 22, 2020, 07:26:07 PM »

Seems like I just posted this yesterday.  These weeks are bleeding together......

This week's reading!

ComiXolgy
Hidden Society #2
Titans: Burning Rage #1
X-O Manowar #1
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - 30th Anniversary Edition
Casanova TPB Vol 1
Over My Dead Body TPB

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #9
Thanos: The Infinity Ending

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 03:07:10 AM »

ComiXolgy
Hidden Society #2
X-O Manowar #1
Casanova TPB Vol 1
Over My Dead Body TPB

Marvel Unlimited

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardians of the Galaxy #9 - Love Magus as a child.  And teaming up with Rocket, Groot, and Moondragon?  Very cool.  Can't wait to see next issues battle with.......

Thanos: The Infinity Ending - The end of Starlin's trilogy.  I enjoyed it.  would have been better with Starlin's art of course, but Alan Davis is not bad.  Love seeing the characters of Adam Warlock, Eros, Pip, and Kang working together to fight an omnipotent Thanos.  Good stuff!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 04:19:54 AM »

ComiXolgy
Hidden Society #2
X-O Manowar #1

Casanova TPB Vol 1
Over My Dead Body TPB

Marvel Unlimited

Hidden Society #2 - I’m digging this but 4 issues seems too short.

Titans: Burning Rage #1 - I was hoping for Dick Grayson Robin not Tim Drake. But it has Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven in it so it’s close to my favorite Titans.  And with the Fearsome Five coming up I’m in for another issue.

X-O Manowar #1 - Hmmm.  Living in the city doesn’t seem to fit for this character.  It’s a decent start but has lost the “epicness” that I’ve come to expect from this title.  The villain on the other hand has definitely caught my attention. I’m in for the first arc to give this a chance.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:24:38 PM »

X-O Manowar #1 - Hmmm.  Living in the city doesn’t seem to fit for this character.  It’s a decent start but has lost the “epicness” that I’ve come to expect from this title.  The villain on the other hand has definitely caught my attention. I’m in for the first arc to give this a chance.

I'm in for two more issues anyway.  Smiley

Finally doing some catchup with some Marvel stuff ...

King Thor #1
King Thor #2
King Thor #3
King Thor #4
- A great wrap-up to an amazing run by Aaron, but this last issue ... yeah, not the best, but I guess you can't leave his run with being only 99 issues long, huh?  Smiley Filler and more filler about (possible) futures. More precisely cop Thor ... okay, sure, why not? Someone seems to want to reclaim the glory of that Secret War Thor Cop. I don't blame them Cheesy

Thor #1 (re-read)
Thor #2
Thor #3
Thor #4
- A great beginning to hopefully another 100 issue run. I honestly wasn't "wow'd" by the first issue, the first time, and Galactus and Thor's relationship is a little off still, but man I forgot all about any problem I had with issue one as soon as I got into issue two and beyond. Really cool, "classic 70's style" Marvel here guys. Bringing back the "oh shit!" that I used to feel when I was first becoming a Marvel fan.

Valkyrie #2 - Tried this again. Just can't get into this title even though I truly desire to do so.  Angry

Guardians of the Galaxy #3 - as much as I wanted to like Cates short run on this title, and failed to do so, I sadly feel the same about Ewing's run. However, I am not going to give this the fill run to win me over. I'm done.  Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »

So, I did a lot of reading in the last weekend. I think I'll wait to post my reading until tomorrow once Jeff makes a new post so I can be part of the new weekly talk! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »

Thanos: The Infinity Ending - The end of Starlin's trilogy.  I enjoyed it.  would have been better with Starlin's art of course, but Alan Davis is not bad.  Love seeing the characters of Adam Warlock, Eros, Pip, and Kang working together to fight an omnipotent Thanos.  Good stuff!

HOW did I miss this appearing? I LOVE all of Starlin's Thanos work, at all times at all years!! Must find and add this!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »

HOW did I miss this appearing? I LOVE all of Starlin's Thanos work, at all times at all years!! Must find and add this!!!

It came out in Marvel Unlimited last week!  You can read it for free!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »

ComiXolgy
Hidden Society #2
X-O Manowar #1

Casanova TPB Vol 1
Over My Dead Body TPB

Marvel Unlimited

Casanova TPB Vol 1 - Crazy adventure series from Matt Fraction and Gabriel Ba (of Umbrella Academy fame).  Basically assasin meets time travel meets interdimensional travel meets family issues.  This trade has 8 issues in it and it took at least three before I started to get really interested.  But by the end I was fully engaged and liked it well enough to pick up the next trade.  Oh and naked sex robots.  I forgot to tell you  naked sex robots.   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 10:18:58 PM »

I'm reading through Batman: The Dark Knight Returns but I won't finish it tonight.  Looks like I'll push it and Over My Dead Body over to next week.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS