HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:49:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC To Use Alternative Distributors To Diamond  (Read 2347 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 23, 2020, 06:06:37 PM »

This could be a good thing.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tvnews/the-history-behind-dcs-comic-book-distribution-changes/ar-BB12W0pM

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »

Right? I hope so!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »

Sadly only temporary, but hopefully it will go off without a hitch ... show Diamond that they do have competition.

I also think that DC did a very smart thing in only having a test run with a small amount of not too overly popular titles, allowing DCBS and Mid-Town to ship in a smaller, testing capacity. In other words no Batman #93 in this shipment, although it was also scheduled and that is a good idea, for all involved.
   Smiley

I still think the Diamond monopoly should be torn asunder, but hey, I'm already out of print anyway  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »

I would love to see some competition for them.  I just hope it doesn't turn out they get run out of business and then someone else becomes the monopoly.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS