HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:41:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: quarantine  (Read 6728 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »

How are all you guys holding up?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 06:54:23 PM »

We are doing ok.  The family togetherness is starting to work itself it out. 🙂

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »

How are all you guys holding up?

Us? Heck man, you're the one that disappeared  Wink Are you and yours okay? I sure as heck hope so.

It is a scary time right now with everyone being laid off, and told to stay inside ... having to face their own family all day long, everyday?!?!?! OH THE HORROR!!!
 Grin

But seriously, hope you and all my HR guys are doing okay!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »

as some of you may know, i work in a hospital.  even before this thing hit we were super crazy busy which contributed to my lack of participation here for a while.

My family is doing ok.  My oldest is going stir crazy and i had to have a heart to heart with her today because a bunch of her friends continue to go and hang out at each others houses and we haven't let her go out for about a week.  We let her spend the night at a friends house a day or so after this all started but we decided we needed to shut all of it down after that.  She's 15, she doesn't get it and i know it sucks tremendously for her.  I feel for her, i really do but I tried to tell her why it's so important and that I thought it was a little irresponsible and borderline stupid for her friends to continue hanging out during these times.  My youngest is faring a little better but she misses her dance classes and two of her last 3 dance competitions have been cancelled.  She has one in July that is supposed to be at Disney World but that one is starting to appear in jeopardy also.  If that one is cancelled, I will feel for her also.

So far, we have been fairly lucky at my facility.  We have no COVID-19 patients admitted, to my knowledge but we have seen quite a few in the ER who thankfully haven't been sick enough to admit and got sent home under orders to isolate/quarantine.  MY department is very small and we have decided to break up into teams of two and work rotating days just in case one of us gets exposed or starts coming down with symptoms, then our whole department won't have to be shut down.  That starts tomorrow.  I have been off since Tuesday because a lot of my team members have been worried about getting their hours in and I have enough vacation time banked up that I could stay out for 5 weeks if needed but now, because of this team division, i will be working 2-3 days a week.  It's nerve wracking and scary, i got to admit.  My  biggest hope is that something is discovered that, while maybe not a cure or vaccine, drastically reduces the symptoms and prevents people from getting super sick and/or needing to be intubated on a ventilator.

It also, burns my biscuits that some people aren't taking this seriously and hanging out at the beach with 30 other people and just not staying at home.  the sooner everybody does this, the quicker this can be resolved. 

STAY AT HOME!  take the dog for a walk, go for a bike ride, watch Netflix and catch up on comics.  That's the kind of stuff I've been doing the last 4 days.  Right now, it's just a minor inconvienence for most.  If this keeps up for a few months, it will be much more.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 10:12:53 AM »

Yeah, it has to be rough for teenagers especially.  Undecided

Those 20 year old idiots at the beach ... I just ... ya know? Ha, words fail me. But then again, not to get too political, when you have Governors, like the one in Florida, who will not close the state but instead allow individual counties to choose their own fate, you let the animals run the zoo and you get this -

A picture that shows one Florida county, in the lower left, that closed the beach and one county, top center, that still, as of two days ago, allowed people to get all nice and CovidCozy.
 Angry
Idiotic.

Glad you are doing okay, and hope you and the family continue to remain free and clear of this damn thing. I also truly hope that it stays non-aerosol or we could all be in an even worse way. I've seen an article about that, but only one, so I am not putting too much worrying into that being the case as of yet. But man, it gets me thinking, if that thing gets airborne ...

And heck as it is it is currently killing at a rate of, as of last night when I did the math, at a rate of 1.4925% (4.4521% world wide) it is no joke. I know that the Flu (A) kills about 60,000 or so a year, but that has a rate of .1% That is a little smaller in comparison  Undecided and ... AND ... there is a vaccine available for that one. A vaccine that people still refuse to take  Roll Eyes. I bet that will change next year. What do you bet?
 Smiley

But yeah, you guys on the front line, small or large amount of patients, sick or not, you guys deserve a lot pf praise. Keep up the good fight, and continue to try to keep as safe as you can!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »

glad to hear you guys are doing ok as are we.

Luckily my kids are old enough that they can deal...my daughter is working form home in Dallas and my son is hibernating in Fayetteville, playing video games and watch netflix

I've been working from home for almost 2 weeks, done it before so its no big deal.  Walking every morning, trying to ride my bike in the afternoon. 

Going out only as needed for groceries or pick-up is pretty boring but I have hermit tendencies so i'm ok but its starting to get to the wife.

I just hoping we are all good by July because we are going to Hawaii for our 25th and have been looking forward to it for 2plus yrs.

anyway...stay healthy y'all
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »

Great to hear from you also, Wringer and very happy to hear that you are doing well!

And yes, I certainly send my best wishes to you and the Mrs on your upcoming 25th and being able to go to the Islands!!

Sounds a lot better than what the wife and I did for ours ...  Grin Kitchen remodel!!
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

I'm in a rehab clinic-for worker's comp claims. My original clinic was closed, due to it becoming a respiratory/covid testing center. We put up a huge stink, as our 'healthy' work comp people would walk through a clinic line where possible covids would be standing. So, now I'm working in one clinic now, and I spend 2.75 days at home instead now, doing 'work at home' for various admin/clinical paperwork nonsense, but at least still getting paid. And, even within a week of that change, we've been cut down again and told all 'non-essential' therapy should be halted until April 30th at least. Phone calls and things can still occur, and other options are available, but definitely not as busy as before.

For my own rant, or Jimmy's Corner, I think America, in January, watched what was happening like it was a summer movie. 'Wow! Can't look away! can't believe those numbers! How many dead?' and they continued to eat their popcorn, and walk away from it, and hold to our world centrist view that this will never affect, we'll be okay, we won't be affected, because we aren't affected by war/affliction/sickness/anything wrong, because we're 'muricans.

But then it was here. And it hit...but again, that was 'somewhere else' and it won't affect us. Until it did. Affect all of us. Everywhere. Hell, it still seems like our damned federal gov't was the last to even admit it. Wisconsin was among some national headlines within the first week or so after Washington and New York. Some people in Fond du Lac (which is 15 minutes from I work; which I lived in last year, where my family and friends still live), got sick coming back from an Egyptian cruise. My sister worked a rotary luncheon where one of the dudes was at, and later went to the hospital. I don't know if he was the 1st or second Fond du Lac death.

This shit is real. This shit is not going away unless people fucking realize it will hurt all of us, and for a long time. Concerns I have now come from an NPR article yesterday that talk about the Chinese first hit with this, tested positive, tested negative, and now test positive again. Was that poor testing standards all around? Or can you get this again?

What kind of world will we live in for the next 2 years?

And fucking Gen Z'ers are still going on spring break to Miami.

Fucking A'.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »

As I don't want to get political here, talk about facts and do nothing but piss myself off, I am going to say nothing but this ... I hope we all can stay safe and virus free.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 06:10:10 PM »

And my State just ordered the stay at home call.

About time. We had our beach full as hell yesterday.  Angry Angry Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »

Been 'stay at home' for over a week now.

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 12:47:59 AM »

i will say that if i was given the go ahead to stay at home and not come to work, i could sooooo catch up on my TV viewing and reading. as it is, the 3 days i was off last week, i watched the last 7 episodes of The Flash from last season (yes, i'm a season behind on all the CW shows), the 3 episodes of Dracula on Netflix, i read the last 10 issues of the first run of Moon Knight and all 6 issues of Moon Knight:Fist of Khonshu and started "The Haunted Forest Tour" by Jeff Strand and James A. Moore last night.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 02:58:35 AM »

When I'm stay at home, I have a 2 year and 4 year old. I do not get caught up on anything, and in fact, am falling behind in the podcast shows I listen to. No 55 minutes of driving each day! LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »

Hey guys!

So far, so okay. I'm stressing a bunch about finding work from home, and especially trying to balance that with a 2 and a 4 year old always needing attention/wanting my attention. It's...stressful. I'm also finding that I really hate bullshit work, which is what I need to keep doing to justify my work from home job. So...I stress.

And boy howdy, do I love to eat at home!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »

I will miss the home cooked meals the wife makes when I go back into the office.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS