HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:45:01 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Diamond's May 20th Return Now Official  (Read 1777 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 10, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »

Friday Diamond Comic Distributors made their resumption of operations official. May 20 has been moved from a target date to a the first on-sale date for their resumed distribution of comics.

Here is the full text of a notice sent to Direct Market retailers Friday.

"Diamond Comic Distributors, Alliance Game Distributors, and all Geppi Family Enterprises brands thank you for your continued support and patience. As mentioned in our most recent update, our work with you and our other partners allowed us to chart a path to resumed distribution of new, weekly products with a target May 20 on-sale date.

"We are thrilled to tell you today that May 20 is no longer a target but is now the OFFICIAL first on-sale date for our resumed distribution of comics. Game product will also begin to ship that week. We are very excited to have reached this important point in our industry’s recovery and could not have done it without the tremendous support of our partners.

"As we move through the next steps, we will keep you informed via email and updates on our websites. Here are some key dates for you to keep in mind:

"Diamond Comic Distributors replenishment orders may be placed prior to the order cut-off on May 13. Orders will begin to ship directly via subsidized UPS shipments as outlined in our earlier update. Stores will receive the new comics ordered through the May 4 Final Order Cut-off, including DC Comics released during our pause in distribution, beginning the week of May 18 for the on-sale date of Wednesday, May 20. DC Comics may be sold on their new on-sale date of May 19.

"Alliance Game Distributors will similarly resume distribution the week of May 18. As we are nearer that date, we will have further information on which distribution centers will be open in accordance with local laws.

"It’s important to note that, much like our retailers, the COVID-19 outbreak has caused us to make numerous changes to our operations. We are operating at reduced team sizes in our distribution centers to maintain adequate social distancing, improved sanitation measures have been adopted, and most of our office-based employees are working remotely. Some of our distribution centers may not reopen on the same schedule as others due to local government reopening guidance."
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »

This is good news!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS