HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:47:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 1, 2020 - APRIL FOOLS!  (Read 4960 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 04:10:18 AM »

ComiXolgy
Family Tree #5
Undiscovered Country #5
Redneck #26
Something is Killing the Children #1
Suicide Squad #1
Five Years #9

Birthright #42
Hidden Society #1
The Question: The Death of Vic Sage #2
Robin 80th Anniversary #1
Batman: The Adventures Continue #1 - The Animated series creators!

Satellite Sam # 6
Satellite Sam # 7

Satellite Sam # 8
Satellite Sam # 9
Satellite Sam # 10

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #9
Marvel Comics Presents #9
New Mutansts: War Children #1
Thanos #6
Wolverine Annual #1

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Question: The Death of Vic Sage #2 - I love a good western and this one doesn’t disappoint!  Vic Sage of the old west!

Robin 80th Anniversary #1 - Pretty good anniversary issue.  We get a little bit of everything; Dick Grayson Robin, transition to Nightwing, Nightwing and the Titans, Grayson of Spyral, Jason Todd Robin & Red Hood, Tim Drake Robin, Stephanie Brown Robin, and Damian Robin. And a nice pinup page of all five in their classic Robin costumes. I enjoyed.

Batman: The Adventures Continue #1 - Fun first issue.  Not sure how long I’ll stick around but fun nonetheless. Gives that nostalgia itch a little scratch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 09:34:22 AM »

Catching up on some more stuff I need to catch up on. Okay, well, catching up on ONE title I needed to catch up on.
 Grin

Bloodshot #2 (2020)
Bloodshot #3
Bloodshot #4
Bloodshot #5
Bloodshot #6
Bloodshot #7
- Ya know, I'm not sure I like Seeley's take on this character. No, that's not right, I think it is more that I don't like his constant revolving door of evil syndicate after evil syndicate after ... evil syndicate? It is cool to have a bunch of "bad guys" or "good, but bad guys" even, but man, let me get some plot movement in as well and not just that here comes the action ... here we go again feeling.
I know complaining about action in a comic is really odd  Cheesy and maybe I'm wrong about that whole idea, but something was bugging me as I read these issues one after another and I think that non-stop action is what kinda bothered me. But I also see where a lot of readers would really, really love it, so I am not knocking it too badly. Just felt a little bogged down by action to me. Better than 6 issues of talking heads I guess
 Cheesy
Maybe the art didn't help my case? It is Brett Booth after all. I know I tired pretty fast of his Titans, but I was on board for this ... at first. But then, like always, I got bored with his pinched off panels and close-ups of things I can't quite make out.  Undecided
The last issue, #7, was a nice slowdown ... until it wasn't, but the art change did help freshen up the title a tad at least.
Bottom line, if you like Bloodshot action, you will probably enjoy the hell out of the first 6 issues of this new, 2020 Bloodshot title
 Smiley

The Wicked and The Divine #1
The Wicked and The Divine #2
The Wicked and The Divine #3
The Wicked and The Divine #4
The Wicked and The Divine #5
The Wicked and The Divine #6
The Wicked and The Divine #7

X-O Manowar #1
Kill Lock #4
Five Years #9
Family Tree #5

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS