HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:58:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Metal Men  (Read 2526 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 06, 2020, 03:51:59 AM »

Issue 5 of the 12 issue maxi-series released last month.  I had thought about picking it up and had been meaning to ask if anyone here had checked it out.

But now I have a different question.  Because the writer of this series was Dan Didio.

Now that he has been walked out the door what do you think will happen to this series?  Was he already finished writing it?  Will someone else just take it over?  Or will it just stop production and no one gets to know how it ended?

I've tried looking for some kind of report online to no avail.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »

I looked the day I heard he was gone and have looked since and I have also not been able to find anything on this.

I, as a nostalgic fan of the team, really want to know the answer to this because I was really looking forward to it. Maybe, probably, they will hold up the release of #6 (I am sure the art is almost done on THAT issue at least), add a little more pages and kill it with that issue? Maybe they will bring in a co-writer if he wasn't done? Maybe they want to bury the entire thing along with his memory? Not sure, but I know as he was the lead on it they will have something in mind  Cheesy

I hope they manage to finish it. After Didio's OMAC gained a lot of praise for being really cool (though maybe not the best written), I was certainly wanting to check this out!

Lets keep each other in the loop if we hear anything.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 05:57:18 PM »

Will do Perry.  I’m a fan of this team as well and was only hesitant because I don’t  normally like Didio’s writing.  But if got some positive buzz I was going to grab it at least in trade.  Fingers crossed we’ll get some kind of announcement one way or another soon.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS