HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:14:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverine  (Read 3208 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 19, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »

Wolverine (2020-) #1
THE BEST IS BACK! Wolverine been through a lot. He’s been a loner. He’s been a killer. He’s been a hero. He’s been an Avenger. He’s been to hell and back. Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family all together and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose. Writer Benjamin Percy (X-FORCE, WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT) and legendary artist Adam Kubert (X-MEN, AVENGERS) bring the best there is to his new home! PLUS: The return of OMEGA RED!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I soooo want to buy this and check it out without waiting six months for it to land in Marvel Unlimited.

But $7.99?!?!?!?!?  Is this just the price for the first issue or is it the new normal?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »

Answered my own question by looking it up in ComiXology.  $7.99 for the first issue then the rest are back down to the "normal" $3.99 price.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:30 PM »

It is a lot, price wise and content wise as it has two 30 or 31 page stories. NOT including those white info pages, so 64 full art pages. A little over 3 issues size wise, though it is split between two stories.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 02:36:25 PM »

Reading Wolverine #1 now and just off the jump, and not mentioning the writing by Percy (which I haven't noticed as being bad ... as of yet ... so that is good), I really, really wish that Andy Kubert was the Kubert that Marvel had on the payroll and not his brother Adam. I just think Adam's work is so damn stiff looking it is just not a good look for this book.

Well, so far anyway. And in the first story of course.
 Undecided

Okay, had to be said. Back to reading now ...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 02:20:05 PM »

I enjoyed the second story more than the first, by a pretty good margin I think (probably because I like the "poor man's Capulo" look of Bogdanvic's art ... whom I have enjoyed since I first saw him on that New Superman title), but still ... I am just not a fan of Percy's writing. I have tried and tried and while I get pulled into his plots and ideas pretty quickly, he loses me along the way with his style, It is like a Slott hing for me. I start a book, I get excited about the story and idea and what can come from it and then the more I read the less I enjoy it.

I don't know if it is dialog or pacing or what, I honestly can't put my finger on it and that is really pissing me off because I would love to know why, but I just don't enjoy his stuff. Sure, I can see something every now and then (like how he writes Beast in X-Force as one example), but almost every writer has something here and there that bugs me. Of course. But Percy ... I just don't know.
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS