HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:03:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 19, 2020  (Read 6221 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »

I will never apologize for my Bendis bias, but I also will never ask to be taken seriously either, if that helps! Grin

HAHA, nawwww, man. Never apologize for that.  Cheesy Cheesy

Just trying to express my own love/hate with the man.
 Smiley

Ditto

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »

Family Tree #4 - Jeff, was wondering, do you find this art as off putting as you did Oemings? Just curious

No it's not and I can say it's because it's on something other than the big 2.  I don't mind this kind of art on characters I've never seen before. 

My issue with Oemings art was really on that preview of Young Justice (?) where the cover had that very cool picture of Conner and then the inside had that cartoonish Oeming art of DC heroes I'm used to seeing more "realistic".  Oeming on some Image comic with characters I've never seen before I might like.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »

Since I got done way early, I'm going to go ahead and add these four comics to my list for this week.  They came out on MU today.

I'll probably have them done before I leave work tonight.   Cheesy

Marvel Unlimited
Add:  Guardians of the Galaxy #8
Add:  Marvel Comics Presents #8
Add:  Doctor Aphra #35
Add:  Star Wars: Tie Fighter #5

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 03:28:48 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #8
Marvel Comics Presents #8
Doctor Aphra #35
Star Wars: Tie Fighter #5

--------------------------------------------------

Guardians of the Galaxy #8 - Whoa!!  Did not see that cliffhanger coming.  Can't wait to see what this hatches!!   Wink

Marvel Comics Presents #8 - Wolverine Story: I love how this story has spanned generations to the point that
Logan has a daughter
.  I think next issue is the final part of this story and can't wait to see how it wraps up!
Spider-Woman story: Wow.  I did not like how this ended.  Pretty callus.
White Fox story:  I have never heard of the White Fox.  Might be an interesting character, but not here.  Pretty much nothing really happened in this story.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 03:18:32 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #8
Marvel Comics Presents #8
Doctor Aphra #35
Star Wars: Tie Fighter #5

--------------------------------------------------

Doctor Aphra #35 - Man - Aphra just can't stay out of trouble.  And somehow she continues to survive.  Now she's caught up in a plot to kill the Emperor.  Can't wait to see how that works out!

Star Wars: Tie Fighter #5 - Final issue.  This was a fun mini for any Star Wars fan.  Not a must read for any reason, but a fun look at things from the Tie Fighter pilot point of view.  I enjoyed it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 05:47:29 PM »

Finally getting back to the computer after leaving at 4:30 AM to help the wife do something at work ... like I wasn't tired already  Cheesy But I was able to get a few more Marvel in before midnight last night. Man, over 25 issues this week? For me that is very unusual. Not happening this week  Cheesy

X-Men #5
X-Men #6
- Yeah, this is the X book for me.  Smiley I even get off on the white info dump pages  Cheesy
Conan #13 - A great start to the new arc sans Aaron. Also found out that King Conan is returning soon!!
Guardians of the Galaxy #2 - Better than the first issue at least  Undecided
Marvels X #2 - This prequel to Earth X is okay, but I think I am out as "Okay" isn't worth MO'ney  Cheesy

Immortal Hulk #29
New Mutants #5
New Mutants #6
New Mutants #7
X-Force #6
X-Force #7

Wolverine #1
Fantastic Four #19

Bang #1 
Doctor Tomorrow #1  
Five Years #8
Harrow County #14
Plunge #1
Family Tree #4
Harrow County #15
Locke & Key: Small World #1
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #3
Gideon Falls #20
Gideon Falls #21

Flash: Rebirth #6
Suicide Squad #1
Suicide Squad #2

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »

Conan #13 - A great start to the new arc sans Aaron. Also found out that King Conan is returning soon!!

So none of the Conan stuff is on Marvel Unlimited.  Bummer.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »

So none of the Conan stuff is on Marvel Unlimited.  Bummer.

What? Wonder why? Well I suppose it is licensing, but that is odd. What about Savage Avengers or the mini with Moon Knight ... that I can't remember the name ... Serpent something ... I think? They both have Conan in them

Crap, now I gotta go look
 Grin

EDIT -
I also can't seem to find Savage Sword of Conan, Conan: Serpent War (his Mini-series with Moon Knight) nor Savage Avengers on MU (free to read) either. but, if inclined, you can get the first five issues of Savage Avengers on sale for 99¢ if you scroll down from HERE.
Is it worth it? Well, I found Berserker to be far too similar to the first couple of issues of Savage Avengers (just complete happenstance that both titles out within a month of each other), although they are not really the same at all ... well, not identical, so knowing you already read that mini, I'm not sure that this, different story but same feel, would do anything for ya even though it has a more Marvel characters in it than Berserker did.
 Grin
I will say that I am shocked ... SHOCKED ... that I am still getting and enjoying it ... a lot more
 Shocked
so hopefully, one day, it (and all Conan related) will be available to the MU
 Undecided
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:02:59 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS