HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:03:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 Mythology Changes If DC and Marvel Ever Merged  (Read 2680 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: February 16, 2020, 05:47:56 PM »

For the record, I NEVER need to see a world where Disney also owns DC Comics. This is due to a litany of reasons I won't go into, I grind my teeth enough as is.

This post is me simply hypothesizing what would happen if the two universes merged. How would the mythologies gel? Are there possible scenarios where they could complement each other?

In NO particular order, here's my top 10 ways of making the pieces fit into a cohesive picture. 

1.   Reed Richards was a teenage sidekick/intern to the Challengers of the Unknown.
2.   Wildcat is the father (or adopted father) of Matt Murdock.
3.   Galactus consumed Krypton. (A sentient computer called Brainiac becomes a herald?)
4.   Richard Dragon and/or Bronze Tiger were trained in K'un L'un.
5.   Those born with the metagene in the DCU are strait-up mutants. Characters like Black Canary are in the original X-Men.
6.   Ghost Rider(s) work for The Spectre.
7.   Namor goes too extreme so Aquaman dethrones and banishes him.
8.   The Green Lantern Corps. work one side of the universe. The Nova Corps work the other half. Our solar system is right on the borderline of jurisdiction, causing many intergalactic conflicts.
9.    The Blue Beetle armor is based on Phalanx tech.
10.   Members of the JSA started as members of the Invaders.

I had some others like "Quicksilver can tap into the Speed Force," but I'll leave it there for now.

What possible new histories do you see?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »

I actually made a list similar to this awhile back ... and I just spent the last few hours looking for it.
HA!
Right, like I had a chance in hell of finding it
 Angry

Gonna take some time for me to answer this one
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 10:24:26 PM »

Yep - this will take some thought!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »

This may not be a myth.  There are rumors that AT&T may let Marvel have the DC publishing rights now that they fired Dan Didio!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 01:42:35 PM »

Yep, hearing a lot of that for about a month or so, even before the firing, so I am sure we will be getting more and more of that very thing now that Lee is taking over. Will be interesting if it becomes true
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS