HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:53:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 15, 2020  (Read 7165 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »

Knocked out a couple more EoW but decided to post while I am here, to see if Jimbo was able to get some more in? I think he only has up to issue #42 yeah? I want to start throwing stuff out around that time, but not before he gets there.
 Grin
And Jeff, you are done with this already, yeah? I know you probably don't remember everything (as I notice that this past issue had July 2018 on the cover ... meaning it took over a year to get the next six issues out and Morphine or not the brain can only hold so much  Grin), but you are done?

Also, thinking of what to read after I am finished with this run. I have enjoyed reading this, not JUST this, but making it the focal point of my reading with a few other titles mixed in, so I think I am going to do it again with ... something. Maybe a little older? I do need to get back to my Legion reading, but ... I don't know.
 Undecided
Anywho ...

EDIT - HEY! Just thought about this ... I ran across some podcast a couple days ago and they were talking about issue #5 of Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme mini from back in the day. I have not read that series since it first came out. Maybe I will dive into that? It is relatively short compared to this (12 issues vs 45) although it may take just as long as comics were not as ... well, they had a very different beat to their pacing and were a lot more dense. Okay, back to the "anywho ..."
 Smiley

East of West #38
East of West #39
- The banner that indicates war is on is'a flying, as the West forces approach ... and Death goes under!!!!

Conan the Barbarian #10
Conan the Barbarian #11

Detective Comics #118
Freedom Fighters #12
Question Deaths of Vic Sage #2

Five Years #7
Rai #2
Rai #3

Skulldigger/Skeleton Boy #2
East of West #30
East of West #31
East of West #32
East of West #33

East of West #34
East of West #35
East of West #36
East of West #37
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:21:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »

And Jeff, you are done with this already, yeah? I know you probably don't remember everything (as I notice that this past issue had July 2018 on the cover ... meaning it took over a year to get the next six issues out and Morphine or not the brain can only hold so much  Grin), but you are done?

Almost - I'm waiting for the last issue to drop in price sometime after the 26th.  So probably sometime next week.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 12:46:14 AM »

Not much for reading. Little girl is in the 4th day of influenza, daily fighting temps over 102-103. Good times.  Undecided Cry

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 02:43:13 AM »

East of West 41...AWESOME!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »

East of West 41...AWESOME!!

Sweet!!

I got through the issue prior last night, so I am hoping to read that one today!!

East of West #40 - War and Death discuss plans of fighting while I stare at those beautiful panels and splash pages

DANG!!! I got some comics read this week!!!
 Shocked
About twice as much as usual. Keep that up and I may have to change my name to "Peff"?
 Grin

Conan the Barbarian #10
Conan the Barbarian #11

Detective Comics #118
Freedom Fighters #12
Question Deaths of Vic Sage #2

Five Years #7
Rai #2
Rai #3

Skulldigger/Skeleton Boy #2
East of West #30
East of West #31
East of West #32
East of West #33

East of West #34
East of West #35
East of West #36
East of West #37

East of West #38
East of West #39

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »

Lol.  Your going to finish East of West before me and I’m the one who’s been keeping up with it!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 05:17:16 PM »

I bought issues 42 and 43 for 99 cents last night, and depending on things, may 'suck it up'and pay the 1.99 and 3.99 for the last 2 issues!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 08:41:41 PM »

Last issue just dropped to $1.99

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »

Last issue just dropped to $1.99

LOL - I just posted that same thing in the new Weekly Reader thread.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2020, 11:27:39 PM »

Forgot I had finished two more before yesterday so I'm posting it now.  The rest I didn't get to are moving to the new week.

ComiXolgy
Freedom Fighters #12 - Final Issue!
Legion of Super-Heroes #3

Chrononauts: Futureshock #1
Chrononauts: Futureshock #2

Chrononauts: Futureshock #3
Chrononauts: Futureshock #4
Plutona Vol 1 (Collects Plutona 1-5)
Bloodshot #4
Visitor #1
Roku  #3
Family Tree #2

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four: The Prodigal Sun #1
Silver Surfer: Black #1
Doctor Strange #14
Doctor Strange #15
Immortal Hulk #18
Immortal Hulk #19
Immortal Hulk #20

Incredible Hulk: Last Call #1
Thanos #2
Thanos #3
Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #6

————————————————————————-

Chrononauts: Futureshock #1 & 2 - This mini the guys go into the future instead of the past and they are just as irresponsible!  Great fun and some insight into the background of Reilly.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS