HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:47:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 8, 2020  (Read 10363 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 09, 2020, 03:27:37 AM »

Sorry for the late posting. I got slammed at work today!  Gonna try a big list this week as I’m getting behind again.

ComiXolgy
Fallen Angels #5
New Mutants #5
X-Force #5
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #1
Batman #86
20XX #1
Die #10
Doctor Mirage #5
Gideon Falls #19
Rai #2
Psi-Lords #7
Undiscovered Country #2
The Boys Vol 10: Butcher Baker Candlestickmaker
The Boys Vol 11: Over the Hill with Swords of a Thousand Men
The Boys Vol 12: The Bloody Doors Off

Marvel Unlimited
Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #5
Uncanny X-Men #21
Dead Man Logan #9
Invaders #6
War of the Realms #6
Thor #13
Thor #14
Venom #14
Venom #15
Spider-Man: Life Story #4
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8
Black Cat #1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 03:40:50 AM »

Immortal Hulk 20!!!!

Amazing Spider-man 9-12

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 02:48:59 PM »

20XX #1

Now I have no idea, whatsoever, what this book is about or the creative team behind it, all I know is this one one guy at the LCS (the small one right down the street from me) said that he has read both issues of this and that the first issue was very well done and that he loved it, but then said as good as the first issue was, this second issue was that bad. It sucked. I have no idea why he felt that way, I didn't ask (I don't know the guy and try to avoid him when I see him actually  Grin). However, I have also heard the exact same thing from one of the YouTube guys I listen to/watch. Again, I am like Sgt. Schultz on this book ... "I know nothing. NOTHING"  Cheesy, but I just wanted to warn you in-case you enjoyed this first issue, to be prepared for a let down ... possibly.
 Cheesy Cheesy

As for my list this week ... Why not, I haven't thrown what I will try to read up in awhile so here goes ...

East of West .. Whatever I can get to  Grin

Batman #86
Justice League Dark #18
Lois Lane #7
Sandman: Overture #1 (Maybe)
Hellblazer #1 (newest, current volume ... again, maybe)

Marvels X #1
X-Men #4
New Mutants #5
X-Force #'s 3-5 (yes another maybe. Jeff? Ya think this is worth another look for me? I hear it is kind of important)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:23:44 PM »

X-Force #'s 3-5 (yes another maybe. Jeff? Ya think this is worth another look for me? I hear it is kind of important)

It is for what happened at the end of issue 1 but that gets resolved by issue 3 (I think?).  Issues 4 & 5 are setting up for something that could be important.

As for 20XX, it’s a Johnathan Luna book which is why I picked it up.  I’ll keep that in mind about issue 2.  Thanks for the heads up!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »

ComiXolgy
Fallen Angels #5
New Mutants #5
X-Force #5
Batman #86
20XX #1

Die #10
Doctor Mirage #5
Gideon Falls #19
Rai #2
Psi-Lords #7
Undiscovered Country #2

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny X-Men #21
Dead Man Logan #9
Invaders #6
War of the Realms #6
Thor #13
Thor #14
Venom #14
Venom #15
Black Cat #1

———————————————————————————

Fallen Angels #5 - I’m not a fan of the villain on this but I’m mildly interested in the team X-23 put together.  I’ll wrap this arc then likely move this to Unlimited reading.

New Mutants #5 - back to outer space.  Not Hickmans best IMO but still worth getting.  Plus, I like Deathbird.

X-Force #5 - I’m not sure what say here.  Grisly comes to mind. Beast seems a little too dark and out of character.  Still, fun issue to read and nice wrap to this arc.

Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #1 - This was fun.  Skeleton Boys origin with a LOT of promise for what’s to come!

Batman #86 - best part of this comic was when...SP. Batman accidentally called Lucius Alfred. SP. Just heartbreaking.

20XX #1 - Great first issue!  Your friend did not lie about that, Perry.  Now I’m worried about issue 2!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 06:26:57 PM »

It is for what happened at the end of issue 1 but that gets resolved by issue 3 (I think?).  Issues 4 & 5 are setting up for something that could be important.

Hmmm, okay, Maybe I will just jump in at #4 and if I am lost as to what happened in issue #3 I will ask?
 Grin
Of course all of this is if I have time, which ...
 Cheesy

As for 20XX, it’s a Johnathan Luna book which is why I picked it up.  I’ll keep that in mind about issue 2.  Thanks for the heads up!

Ahhh, okay, well, I hope both are issues hit for ya, but maybe don't feel too down if issue #2 doesn't hit, maybe #3 will. Or maybe #2 will hit just fine for you?
 Grin
I don't really know either one of the guys that said that, so what do I know?
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »

Hmmm, okay, Maybe I will just jump in at #4 and if I am lost as to what happened in issue #3 I will ask?
 Grin
Of course all of this is if I have time, which ...
 Cheesy

If your going to jump back in read issue 3.  One extra issue won’t kill you and with your memory you’ll just get lost.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 06:34:45 PM »

Fallen Angels #5 - I’m not a fan of the villain on this but I’m mildly interested in the team X-23 put together.  I’ll wrap this arc then likely move this to Unlimited reading.

I think that was the last issue? I think? Maybe not though. I don't see it in Previews anymore

New Mutants #5 - back to outer space.  Not Hickmans best IMO but still worth getting.  Plus, I like Deathbird.

Oh man!  Angry I was looking forward to Hickman in space. Not good huh? Dang it. Maybe I will wait on that issue too. I hate this having to buy comics crap
 Sad Angry
Or at least trying to only buy the good ones
 Grin

X-Force #5 - I’m not sure what say here.  Grisly comes to mind. Beast seems a little too dark and out of character.  Still, fun issue to read and nice wrap to this arc.

Wrap up? Hmmm, maybe I will just ask what happened?
No, I hear this is pretty important to the future ... possibly.

Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #1 - This was fun.  Skeleton Boys origin with a LOT of promise for what’s to come!

Really enjoyed it as well!!!! Nice to get back to good Black Hammer issues
 Undecided

20XX #1 - Great first issue!  Your friend did not lie about that, Perry.  Now I’m worried about issue 2!

UH-OH!!!!!
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 06:50:48 PM »

Lol. Looks like we were both posting at the same time.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 06:56:01 PM »

Lol. Looks like we were both posting at the same time.

Grin

Okay, if I get the time I will get them. I checked and I did stop before #3, so I will add that as well

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »

Justice League Dark #18
Lois Lane #7
Sandman: Overture #1
Hellblazer #1

Marvels X #1
X-Men #4
New Mutants #5
X-Force #'s 3-5

East of West: The World - A quick four or five page story that, I found, you read before issue #16 that explains how
Conquest gets his new ride  Cheesy
It is not at all needed, but the issue also contains information on the world of East of West that is so far known to us. Sort of an encyclopedia ... so worth the $2 (or free for those on Comixology Unlimited ... along with the first 19 issues of the series). Gonna keep this on the tablet for awhile and refer back to it later.
 Grin

Batman #86 - I enjoyed this. A lot. Nice to see Tony Daniel back on Batman art duties, his stuff just looks so good for Bats. Although that first image of Selena was all kinds of weird looking with that one huge ass eye? Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »

I think I'm just going to have keep an eye on you Perry so that I get back to my East of West reading to match up with you to see the end coming!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 03:57:46 PM »

I think I'm just going to have keep an eye on you Perry so that I get back to my East of West reading to match up with you to see the end coming!

HAHA, so funny (and cool) that you brought that up. I have been trying to wait for both you and Jeff to catch up on your MU reading of Immortal Hulk so I can begin again. Wanted to go through that with you guys. So funny you had a similar thought on EoW.
Although sadly, for you, it may take awhile on the East of West knowing how much I usually get to read in a week  Cheesy, but yeah, let's do it baby!!!
Smiley
Cool

EDIT -
I did a fast look at what issues volume 7 contained (I think that was where you need to start again, yeah?) and it looks like that volume starts with issue #30. I will try to get there as fast as I can, but again ... I don't get to read to much, so it may take a few.
Like I said before my first sexual encounter ... be patient, be gentle. Grin
(Okay, that is not true at all)
 Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:59:33 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »

ComiXolgy
Fallen Angels #5
New Mutants #5
X-Force #5
Batman #86
20XX #1

Die #10
Doctor Mirage #5
Gideon Falls #19
Rai #2
Psi-Lords #7
Undiscovered Country #2

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny X-Men #21

Dead Man Logan #9
Invaders #6
War of the Realms #6

Thor #13
Thor #14
Venom #14
Venom #15
Black Cat #1

Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #5 - Another good ending as the walls are falling on X-Mans fake world.

Uncanny X-Men #21 - Another good issue here as well. Will be interesting to see how this wraps up.

Invaders #6 - interesting end to this arc.  Didn’t see that coming and anamorphic will have to pay for this.

War of the Realms #6 - Good ending to this event.  Looking forward to the future of Thor.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 10:21:27 PM »

ComiXolgy
Fallen Angels #5
New Mutants #5
X-Force #5
Batman #86
20XX #1

Die #10
Doctor Mirage #5
Gideon Falls #19
Rai #2
Psi-Lords #7
Undiscovered Country #2

Marvel Unlimited
Uncanny X-Men #21

Dead Man Logan #9
Invaders #6
War of the Realms #6

Thor #13
Thor #14
Venom #14
Venom #15
Black Cat #1

Dead Man Logan #9 - This arc wraps up and then sets up for the final arc.  Get to see some familiar faces and what happened to them in this world. Good book.

Thor #13 - Cul Borson focused story and I will say it was a very good one shot.  Perhaps he's not as bad as he thought he was.   Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS