HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:13:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thor Love and Thunder  (Read 3971 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 06, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »

So I see where Christian Bale is in talks to be in Thor 4. Whom do you think he will play? I had no clue until typing this and then it hit me ... Gorr?
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 04:29:38 AM by Jeff » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 11:49:12 PM »

Yeah! The God butcher! That'd be cool!  Unless Daario the Minotaur gets involved too. But maybe, yeah, Gorr!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 12:58:05 AM »

Unless Daario the Minotaur gets involved too. But maybe, yeah, Gorr!

OHHHH, actually that may be it.

I believe what's her name is coming back ... ya know, Jane Foster, and the movie is set to be called something along the lines of ... love and thunder or something associated with that, and Darrio was heavily featured in Jane's Thor ... Oh yeah, I think you may have nailed it Jimmy!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »

It’s official......

Christian Bale Joins Cast of ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ As Gorr the God Butcher

Get ready for the Academy Award-winning actor’s villainous role in theaters May 6, 2022!

BY CHRISTINE DINH
The highly-anticipated Taika Waititi-directed Thor: Love and Thunder received a thunderous reaction when it was announced at SDCC 2019. Well, we hope you’re sitting because we have a new development of epic proportions from Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, from The Walt Disney Company’s Investor Day.
With Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie) returning to their roles, they will be joined by Christian Bale, who will portray the villain Gorr the God Butcher.

The fourth film in the Thor franchise, Waititi previously revealed, "When we were shooting Ragnarok, I was reading one storyline by Jason Aaron, called THE MIGHTY THOR. And for those of you that don't know that storyline, it's incredible and full of emotion and love and thunder. And it introduces, for the first time, a female Thor,” confirming that Jane Foster, played by Portman, will become the Mighty Thor, Goddess of Thunder.

Thor: Love and Thunder opens in theaters on May 6, 2022!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/christian-bale-joins-thor-love-thunder-gorr-god-butcher

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 03:49:14 PM »

Who's excited to see this? My son saw the advanced screening last night and said it was awesome. I told him no spoilers.  Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 09:22:18 AM »

As per my usual, I was going to see it Monday morning, however my plans were dashed about two weeks when my eldest asked me to go see the newest Jurassic Park with the Grandkids at the local Cinema Cafe this coming Monday!!
I am both happy (get to spend time with the youngin's and my daughter) and sad (I will be paying to see the newest Jurassic Park) at the same time.

Looks like I will be going Wednesday morning now
 Grin

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 05:24:26 PM »

Haven't seen it yet but it will be on Disney+ on September 8th.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 08:35:32 PM »

I saw it opening weekend.  It’s a bit of a mess.  There are some really good parts and then some really bad parts.  It’s worth seeing for the Natalie Portman Lady Thor parts and Christian Bale is awesome as Gorr.

My teen daughter thought it was awesome though, so maybe that’s the target audience.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS