HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:12:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Witcher  (Read 3275 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 21, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »

And speaking of bad critical reviews (over at the Star Wars thread), this new Netflix show is also getting blasted, and I enjoyed the first episode personally. It got kinda heavy in the fictional names of places early on, but it finished fairly well.

Anyone else see it yet?

Again, I only saw episode 1 so no spoilers please
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 08:37:02 PM »

I started watching this last week.  I'm through the first three episodes.  So far I like it - no real complaints.  I didn't know it got blasted by the critics.  I started watching it because almost all my friend have already watched it and rave about it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:33 PM »

Almost a year later and after trying three times to get past episode 3.....I did it!

Once I got through episode 4 I was much more into it and I wound up liking where it went.  Probably didn’t hurt that I read some of the mini series and started to get a better feel for the characters.

Looking forward to picking up the story in Season 2.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 02:11:14 PM »

Hey, you made it!
 Grin

I enjoyed the series for the most part. There were some bad spots, mainly due to the rush job the had. Not sure why they fell behind or pushed it to get it done by a certain time, but clearly some of the effects were lacking. Especially
The dragons. The Gold dragon looked horrible!!!

I had heard they were still trying to work on that well until the second they had to send it
 Undecided

Even still, the series finished strong enough for me to come back ... whenever it comes back
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 04:31:32 PM »

Season Two

Finally got started on this season.  I’m two episodes in and I’m LOVING this!  Whatever issues they had at the beginning of the first season have been by far been corrected.  It’s so much better than Wheel of Time.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 06:22:09 PM »

It’s so much better than Wheel of Time.

Cheesy Cheesy
Like that is so hard!!

I watched the first half of the first episode and so far it is not hitting for me. I really dislike the... let's just say the main love interest (even though she isn't showcased here ... so far) and it is just so visually different than the books, for me, that I struggle with it.
I am sure it is still better than season one, but I personally am not there yet.
 Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »

Okay, got through the first episode.
I am digging the Geralt stuff, but I still don't like the actress playing Yennefer and it really affects my enjoyment of those scenes she is in, and of course that brings down the show for me. It is like watching a Mark Wahlberg flick, I can enjoy everything in and of the movie until he has a scene and ruins it all with his horrible "acting"
 Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS