HR Boards
June 29, 2022, 04:18:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Black Adam premieres in theaters October 21, 2022!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 20, 2019  (Read 4050 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 12:25:42 AM »

ComiXolgy
Excalibur #2
Batman #83
Flash Forward #3

Ascender 6
Criminal 9
Doctor Mirage 3
Batman & the Outsiders 1 (Re-read)
Batman & the Outsiders 2 (Re-read)

Detective Comics #1011
Detective Comics #1012
Detective Comics #1013
Detective Comics #1014
Detective Comics #1015

The Boys Vol 4: We Gotta Go Now (Collects issues 23-30)

Marvel Unlimited
Age of X-Man: Nextgen #4
Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men #4

Black Widow #5
Guardians of the Galaxy #5
Immortal Hulk #17

Old Man Quill #5
Spider-Man: Life Story #3
Star Wars: Age Of Rebellion - Lando Calrissian #1
Uncanny X-Men #18

War of the Realms #4

========================================

Old Man Quill #5 - Ooo - a cross reference to Old Man Hawkeye and a peek at what's left of Nova Corps!  Still fun series to read.

Spider-Man: Life Story #3 - Not as good as the first two issues.  Not sure I'm buying the characterization of Peter in this issue.

Star Wars: Age Of Rebellion - Lando Calrissian #1 - Fun little one shot.  Makes me hopeful at seeing Lando in the new Star Wars movie coming out next month.

Uncanny X-Men #18 - Another good issue.  I like the Emma mystery.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

War of the Realms #4 - Nicely done issue.  Really enjoyed the Odin and Freyja stuff.  Thumbs up!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 12:30:26 AM »

Batman Universe #5 - NOOOooooo. This series, one that was so fun, and I mean fun, with it's first four issues, just totally went Bendis on me. Batman so out of character, making jokes (in regular Bendis fashion) just ... crap. There was one cool spread of Batman and ... a guest
Nightwing
fighting through hallways of henchmen that was really cool and well done artistically, so yes the art is still highly enjoyable, but reading this issue ... I can no longer put this on my "Gonna Buy" list.

Buy the first four and then quit.  Got it!

Gideon Falls #14
Gideon Falls #15
Gideon Falls #16
Gideon Falls #17
Gideon Falls #18
- man this is good. But man it takes me what seems like forever to remember what is going on here  Grin. It isn't complicated, it is a pretty straightforward
parallel dimensions
type of story, but man, I don't remember what is what and who is who until I get to the second or third issue of my long reads  Cheesy. Going to reread this when it is all over. Really get into the story better than I am now. It is good, its just on my memory I blame the problem.
 Grin

Comment on your spoiler...
I thought it was time travel not parallel dimensions.  Now I have to re-think.  You could have a better understanding than I do.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 12:54:16 AM »

Please know that I do love just reading about you guys posting about comics. Love reading them!

Well I (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this) always look forward to your thoughts on the various goings on in the occasional comic you read as well, brotha!!!
 Cool
Just hope ya get your feels back on soon to dive back in more
 Smiley

Buy the first four and then quit.  Got it!

Sadly that doesn't work. Also sadly I just remembered that there is only one more issue left in this series so I may as well finish it off now!
 Undecided
But yes, the first three or four issues were a delight. As was/is the art in the entirety of the run
 Smiley

Comment on your spoiler... [re: Gideon Falls]
I thought it was time travel not parallel dimensions.  Now I have to re-think.  You could have a better understanding than I do.

Oh, I think you certainly are correct. Maybe it is a little bit of both, maybe, I think.
We know you are right with time travel as characters talk about stuff like "...when I see you again you will be 50 years older" (or along those lines) but we also see, in the art, that there appears to be parallel or alternate worlds outside the center. Of course I am only 50% sure there are these parallels so I could be wrong on that aspect, but I am 100% sure you are right about time being an issue.
Grin

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS