HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:04:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: it finally happened  (Read 2390 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: November 14, 2019, 11:45:37 PM »

I am now officially caught up on all the books i buy at my LCS.  Now i am down to like 5-8 titles (including minis/specials etc) a month but i was about 7-8 month back.

I was getting so depressed looking at the stack growing i decided to put down Marvel Unlimited as no matter how hard i tried I just could not catch up (currently reading June 2018) and focus on the floppies.

So glad i did, while i havent stopped reading I found I really missed holding the book in my hands, turning the pages, the ever watchful eye for pet sneak attacks, washing my hands to avoid oil transfer...ahhh so much pleasure Wink

now i can go back to digital until my next comic run, currently scheduled for the end of the month but i might not make it that long.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »

Oh...I'm jealous!!

I still haven't found the verve to just get after stuff and read. Can't even say why. I don't read anything, really, currently, and I'm driving myself crazy for it. It's like I have to FORCE myself to read, and I can't...well, I guess I can understand why.

It's a time of engagement. Muscles engagement of the eyes and tracking, comprehending,  bringing it all together. With work, children, fixing crap around the house, I just like to zone out and away at night-prime reading time.

It's so easier, and relaxing, to just have that 1000 yard stare and zoned affect looking at my wall while basketball or football plays.

I'm jealous!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 07:02:10 PM »

i had lost enthusiams for Unlimited and the End of TWD forced me to catch up there to find out what happened and i found i really enjoyed reading the floppy.

From that point i just took small steps.  3 books at a time during lunch, away from all homely distractions.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »

Well congrats, Wringer. There is something to be said about holding a comic. Absolutely.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:58 AM »

Somehow, I missed this thread.

Congrats Wringer!  I'm also starting to tire of MU but I think it's more that the books aren't hitting for me as much.  I do miss the floppies for reading but not for storing.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS