HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:19:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 10  (Read 2951 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 19, 2019, 10:03:58 PM »

I'm way late starting this as next week is the mid-season finale.  Season 10 will go on hiatus and pick back up in 2020, most likely February like past seasons have done.

My quick thoughts on the season so far....

WARNING: SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD BUT NOTHING MAJOR.

Episode 1    "Lines We Cross" - Loved it.  Starting off the season with a crashing Russian satellite was a nice twist.  Clearly Carol is going to start some sh!t with the Whisperers.

Episode 2    "We Are the End of the World" - The origin of Alpha and Beta.  Well done.  I can't believe how much better the Whisperers are on screen compared to the comic.

Episode 3 "Ghosts" - Good episode as tensions start to rise between our group and the Whisperers.  Even Negan is fun to watch.

Episode 4    "Silence the Whisperers" - Negan finally does "the right thing" only to have it end badly.  Very good episode setting up things to maybe go the same way of the comic?

Episode 5 "What It Always Is" - Negan on the run, Daryl and Connie action, and Ezekial reveals a secret to Saddiq.  Another good episode.

Episode 6    "Bonds" - Daryl and Carol.  Man, she's going to be trouble but you can't help but be on her side.

Episode 7    "Open Your Eyes" - Secrets come out on both side.  A surprise cliff hanger setting things up for next weeks mid-season finale.  It's going to be a good one!

Looking forward to Episode 8 and the fall out from episode 7!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 10:08:18 PM »

Episode 8 "The World Before" - Mid Season Finale.  Oh man!!  What a cliffhanger! At least we got to see almost everyone in this episode.  And man has Father Gabriel changed!!  Not the pouty coward he once was at all.  What he does in this episode literally made my jaw drop!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 06:58:44 PM »

its been a pretty good season and i totally agree that the Whisperers are far more compelling on TV than in the book.  Diving into their "community" has been an interesting twist on how our survivors live.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 10:25:39 PM »

I am just amazed that you guys can still watch the show.  Cheesy I mean I am happy for you, absolutely, but I couldn't take the depression any longer.
 Grin

And I have a heart of stone ... I'm a true S.O.B, but that show just broke me.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 03:26:36 AM »

i think the last two seasons have been some of the best.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »

I am glad it is strong for you guys still watching, I guess what lost it for me was never a fan of the Zombie genre anyway. I've never liked them. Maybe my dad was actually a zombie who went out for a pack of smokes and never returned and I still feel the sorrow?  Grin Heck, I think I have only made it to the end of any zombie movie about 3 or 4 times: The okay but not great 28 Days Later, the fantastic Train to Busan, and the perfection that is Sean of the Dead (I still want to see Pontypool though).

Yep, I even hate the classics like Return of the Living Dead and both Dawn of and Day of the Dead. And ... well ... most of the newer stuff of course.

Zombies are not my thing, no idea why, so 100 issues and 5 and a half years or so of that show was enough for me. In fact to get me to stick around for more than two episodes was a great accomplishment for the show ... and the comic of course.

But glad it has gotten even better for you zombie guys!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS