HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:26:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage by Jeff Lemire  (Read 9352 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 16, 2019, 01:49:52 AM »

I got this in my inbox yesterday (Oct 14) from Jeff Lemire.  I thought I had posted it but when I saw Perry's reference to the Question I went looking and realized I forgot to hit "Post" so all my writing was for not!

I'm glad Perry is hearing that it's going to be good!

Anyway, here is the part about the Question.  You can sign up for his newsletter too at https://tinyletter.com/JeffLemire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER THING I DID THIS WEEK

In addition to the Royal City piece, I also drew a variant cover for the first issue of my upcoming DC Black Label series with Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkewicz; THE QUESTION: The Deaths of Vic Sage, which comes out in November. Here is the finished cover, colored by Marcelo Maiolo.  I will have the original art of this piece with me and for sale at BALTIMORE COMICON this coming week along with a bunch of other stuff. So if you can, come and say hi.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:51:23 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:23:38 AM »

The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage (2019-) #1
For years, Vic Sage has worn the faceless mask of the Question to clean up the streets of Hub City by sheer force of will. He knows right from wrong. He knows black from white. But what happens when he is drawn into a conspiracy that reaches from the heights of Hub City power to the depths of its underground tunnels? What happens when things stop being black-and-white and start getting a little gray? And what happens when, in a secret chamber deep beneath the city, Vic Sage meets his own end...and his new beginning? Eisner-winning writer Jeff Lemire joins forces with the legendary art team of Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz to resurrect Vic Sage, only to destroy him all over again...and again...

$6.99!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:36:55 AM »

Angry

Yeah, but did ya get it.  Grin

I know I "HAVE" to.  Angry

Anyone know if Black Label will be going up on DCU? I doubt it, but just wondering.

EDIT - One note, having yet to read it, just skimmed it over, I find it kinda cool looking at this that Denys Cowan's pencils, when inked by Bill Sienkiewicz, looks a lot like Howard Chaykin.
That can't be a coincidence right? They had to do that on purpose, yeah?

Also, it does have a lot of Pages, Jeff, so yeah its got a hefty price but at least there's that. Marvel would have done the same and made it only a 17 pager
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:35:05 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »

Oh I’m getting it. You know me to well.  Planning on picking up next Wednesday.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »

Is it cheaper then? Or is it just budgeted for next week?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

Is it cheaper then? Or is it just budgeted for next week?

Once I post my reading list I don’t buy anything new unless the price drops or it goes on sale. In the case of the Question, I didn’t see it until after I posted my list so it just automatically waits until next week.  If I’m not going to read something right away I’ll wait to buy it and sometimes get lucky with a sale.  Won’t happen with this one but it’s my general rule.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »

Okay, I gotcha.
Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something ... again  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 05:30:50 PM »

Ah ha!  As luck would have it, my plan worked this week (though not on The Question).  Berserker Unbound #4 and Black Hammer/Justice League #5 both dropped to 99 cents today.  Glad I waited a week to buy them!   Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »

Sweet!

Berserker Unbound finished a lot better than the first few issues for me.  Cool But that is only because the earlier issues read exactly like the Savage Avengers first couple issues (well, okay, not exactly, but certainly almost the same story/tone).

The BH/JLA issues ... BAH
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 12:35:22 AM »

The BH/JLA issues ... BAH
 Angry

Which makes it even better I only had to pay 99 cents.   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS