HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:54:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL 2019/2020  (Read 17535 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 01:04:36 AM »

love me some Anton.

The Bs had a game like that too...down 2-0 with just over 10 left in the game and they go on to score 4 goals in 7mins.  just crazy

And THATs why I absolutely love this sport....the hitting too
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 07:16:40 PM »

I know of no-one on any hockey team any longer as I stopped watching ages ago, but recently started watching my Islanders a few weeks back (was a fan a long time ago) and recently found my enjoyment of the game returning.

Probably going to get whipped by the Flyers, but I will be checking in to the games that I remember ... if the wife doesn't want to watch anything.
 Cheesy

Maybe get back into going to the local ECHL games again next season? Maybe? Who knows.

It has been fun watching again though.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 10:47:46 PM »

Go Flyers!!!

First time they are past the first round since 2012!!!! WTF

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »

Awesome! Everyone still has a team in the fight!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »

I got two Smiley
My home team in Boston and my newish home in TX (Stars)

Best of both worlds
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »

Today at 3 ...

Perry's team vs Jimmy's

IT IS ON!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 12:32:53 AM »

These Flyers...do not look good vs Islanders.

Ugh. OT win; 'a win's a win' but that .....gotta win a series.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »

Whew!!
Been lovin' this series.

No idea why I left the game but I get so pumped up watching this.

And the stuff they do ... knocking pucks out of the air, that are going wide of the net, back into the net? And the way they use their damn skates ... just awesome stuff.

I do hate to say this, as a person that couldn't stand the old comet trail puck they tried a few years back, but I do wish they could have fans opt in to a "glow" puck or something along the lines so I can see the damn thing better. My eyes are so much worse now
 Cheesy
And still, not a big deal at all, just look for the players celebrating is how I instantly know a goal is scored.
 Grin

One more game to go ... come on Islanders, knock Philly out!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2020, 03:46:37 AM »

Valiant effort by your Bruins tonight Wringer.  Sorry it didn’t turn out their way.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2020, 12:51:05 AM »

Yup their season is done, a really good season (only team above 100pt prior to shutdown) cut short by lack of production and protection for the backup goalie (Top goalie Rask left the bubble early in the 1st round).  I was hopeful but just glad to be watching the playoffs

I guess all that's left to say is...GO STARS
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2020, 05:40:58 AM »

The old adage is

"Well, at least they made it a series. Took it to a Game 7."

No faith in these Flyers. That's my Philly showing. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2020, 02:53:23 AM »

Stars barely scraped out of the second round with tonight’s OT win.  I’m rooting for Vancouver in this next game because I really don’t want to face Vegas in the Conference final!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »

The old adage is

"Well, at least they made it a series. Took it to a Game 7."

No faith in these Flyers. That's my Philly showing. Wink

Ha, well, no way Inslanders win against a team whose (so far) only wins against them in the series has been in OT and the last a double. Three wins. three OT games? That is just too much a Cinderella type story. The way I see it, Flyers move on after winning game 7, yes, in OT.
 Cheesy

I'm just glad I was so tired the other night I only saw the first 2 periods. I would have been mad had I forced myself to stay awake only to have us lose in 2OT.
 Grin

EDIT - Speaking of which, and I know they don't do it in the playoffs, but doesn't hockey give one point for an OT loss? It has been awhile, but I kinda remember that being a thing. And if so, points wise, and if they would take those in the playoffs, it would be -

Islanders - 9 points
Flyers - 6 points ... yeah?
 Wink
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:01:30 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »

Oh how I SUCK!!!

I forgot all about the game last night!!! Damn it.

Just nervously (well, some what nervously ... I am just getting back into this so not like I am a life long fan Grin) checked the score from yesterday's game and happen to see the Islanders are set to play Tampa Bay, before I even saw that they had won.
So ... yay!!! Although I feel so stupid that I forgot about it
 Undecided

Off to watch the highlights now!!
(Sorry Jimbo)

Edit - No, going to watch the entire game seven as they have the full game available! Sweet!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2020, 11:45:14 PM »

EDIT - Speaking of which, and I know they don't do it in the playoffs, but doesn't hockey give one point for an OT loss? It has been awhile, but I kinda remember that being a thing.

And the answer is...Yes!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS