HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:58:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Information Sept 25, 2019  (Read 2128 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 19, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »

Going to try to start, and hopefully keep up with, a little news/info dump thread relevant to comics hitting the upcoming week. Not comic news per se, just little pieces of info I may hear or see about books hitting for the week listed all boiled down to bullet points or snipets or ... something  Cheesy
Please feel free to add any you may hear as well, if you desire!

NEW ISSUES - that I'm looking forward to Wink 

Valiant - The new Bloodshot #1 by Tim Seeley and Brett Booth (hopefully sans angled panels) hits this week!
Speaking of, has anyone heard of this movie, starring Vin Diesel, has began filming yet? 

Marvel - The new "Strikforce", a team I find ... curious, hits this week. The lineup consisting of Angela, Blade, Daimon Hellstrom, Monica Rambeau, Spider-Woman, Wiccan and Winter Soldier, makes me scratch my head, but also has me hoping that this could be the next Defenders for me? Maybe?
(And on a personal note, I still remember it was only about 10 years or so ago that I learned that Daimon's name is not only not "DamIEN" (like in the movie The Omen) but his last name is not "HellSTORM". Yep, just never, ever saw the difference until I was in my 40's  Grin I wonder if that was a thing Marvel had to do for copyright issues or a situation like when they couldn't use the word Maffia, so they change it to Maggia?)

More as things hit me!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »

Looks like the next Batman writer will be ...

current Detective comics writer, James Tynion.

At least up to issue #100 where then, maybe, and this is a possible spoiler for what may happen ...

A new writer will be coming on after issue 100 and Batman will be relaunched (oh joy) with a new Batman (more oh joy) and it will be Luke Fox, Lucius Fox's son and ex(?) Batwing that puts on the cowl, taking over the role of Batman

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »

Oh yeah, and a point of notice that I should have put up last week, had I started this little thing back then  Grin ...

The Inferior 5 issue #1 dropped last week. Co-written by Jeff Lemire and Kieth Giffen (of Ambush Bug, LoSH and LEGION - 5 Years Later) with art by Giffen and Delecki. There is also a back-up Peace-Maker story written and drawn by Jeff Lemire. This title is a 12 issue maxi-series, though I'm not sure if the Peace-Maker will be in all 12 issues or not.

I know I will try and wait for this title to be closer to done before I read it, but I'm not sure I can wait.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »

Oh yeah, and a point of notice that I should have put up last week, had I started this little thing back then  Grin ...

The Inferior 5 issue #1 dropped last week. Co-written by Jeff Lemire and Kieth Giffen (of Ambush Bug, LoSH and LEGION - 5 Years Later) with art by Giffen and Delecki. There is also a back-up Peace-Maker story written and drawn by Jeff Lemire. This title is a 12 issue maxi-series, though I'm not sure if the Peace-Maker will be in all 12 issues or not.

I know I will try and wait for this title to be closer to done before I read it, but I'm not sure I can wait.
 Smiley

Wow!  Two of my favorites!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS