HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 02:37:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 18, 2019  (Read 6263 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 08:25:07 AM »

Fuse was fun, from what I read up to (probably issue 7 or so ... no idea why I stopped, probably same as always  Grin) but I am still shocked you enjoy that and you hate the X-Force art. They are not identical, but I remember them being similar and very close in facial structure if nothing else. I think at least. From what I remember. And we know how THAT works
 Cheesy

Batman #79 - Okay, maybe next issue we will get some action?! Stories good but, again, been here before.
Justice League #32 - Just don't care anymore! I'm done. For reals this time
Justice League Dark Annual #1
Justice League Dark #14
- Well now, first off, I can't believe I got lucky and read these in the correct order.  Cheesy Secondly, look who returns!! I haven't seen this character in years. Of course I don't read a lot of DC, so maybe he has been around? Not sure, but for me, I think I haven't seen him since ... Perez days? Or close to it, I think? Maybe Moore used him, but I have no idea if that is the case. All that said, and onto a different character, I hate the design of ... the female antagonist in issue 14. Ugh, I just can not see that character dressing that way or looking like that.
 Roll Eyes

Iosala #9 - I know I said I was going to switch to collected form as the issues read waaay to fast and come out waaay too slow, but it IS such a fast read that I feel I can always finish it within seconds, making for an easy read to knock out.  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 08:27:47 PM »

Fuse was fun, from what I read up to (probably issue 7 or so ... no idea why I stopped, probably same as always  Grin) but I am still shocked you enjoy that and you hate the X-Force art. They are not identical, but I remember them being similar and very close in facial structure if nothing else. I think at least. From what I remember. And we know how THAT works
 Cheesy

I see what you mean but since this is the only version of the Fuse characters we ever see, it doesn't bother me as much.  With the X-Men, I know what they are supposed to look like and this style is too "cartoony" for what I want to see with them.  I'm more forgiving when it comes to the independent titles.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »

And that makes perfect sense to me
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS