HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:15:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 27688 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »

I'm in a Survivor Pool for money and I had only two Entries left for this past weekend.

I picked:
Entry 1:  Cowboys - anyone can beat the Jets right?
Entry 2:  Green Bay - At half time I was like "You've got to be kidding me."

Thank God the Packers pulled it out or I would have been totally eliminated.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 12:03:17 PM »

Well Steelers (barely) saved ya, Jeff.

And a quick story ...

I needed 20 some points from the Steelers D to win my Fantasy game this week. With under 1 minute left, I was still in need of 4 points. At or around 18 seconds left, we hit FitzMagic, the ball goes in the air, his lineman catches it, but then one of my guys rips the ball from his hands and runs in for the TD!!! The gives me 9 points (3 for the take-away and 6 for the TD). I WIN, I WIN!!!

However, no, the refs blew the whistle, blew the play over, AFTER my guy took the ball ... no take-away, no TD.
 Cry

I couldn't sleep at all last night  Grin

BUT, it was a good call. The lineman that caught the ball was in the Steelers grasp for a good bit before my guy took the ball, so it actually SHOULD have been called dead. At least they got it right, that time. The offensive pass Interference call and many more however ...??
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:52 PM »

Oh man!!  I feel for ya Jimmy!  Those type of roller coasters kill me sometimes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 04:15:17 AM »

Man...THAT was a crap weekend of football for me!! Glad I didn't watch that game!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 12:57:17 PM »

Oh man!!  I feel for ya Jimmy!  Those type of roller coasters kill me sometimes.

I just realized I called Perry “Jimmy”.  Oops!   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »

I just realized I called Perry “Jimmy”.  Oops!   Cheesy

Well I've been called worse, for sure.
 Grin

A great explanation of Alabama QB Tua's dislocation and the difference/similarities to Bo Jackson's career ending injury. I feel so sorry for the kid (who truly loved the game). I hope he comes out okay.

HERE

EDIT -
And then, after that, Jimmy ... how do you feel about THIS stuff? You were a sports med guy, yeah (or something like that? sorry, man, I forget) Ever used it? Seems like a scam to me, but I am ignorant on this. And other things
 Grin
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:02:21 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 06:02:08 PM »

I am 50/50 on the efficacy of K-tape (to abbreviate it).

It's PHENOMENOL when applied to an acute injury with a lot of immediate swelling. Gets rid of all of it.

For some release of muscle tension/adhesions/trigger points, when applied appropriately, it can be effective. Not 100% of the time, but that becomes dependent on the injured person, how well they are doing home exercises and stretches, and also the 'individual' factor of whether or not the person is, well, a wuss.  Cool

For improved athletic performance? For some, it works wonders. Others? Not so much. This is where research does not support K-tape, and I'm in agreement with it as well. That's when I think it's a voodoo taping, and all in the athlete's head.

It has its uses, but for me (anecdotally), it isn't as proven as it makes itself out to be.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »

So! That football stuff!

So, my Packers will not last long in the Playoffs. Now, they will make the playoffs, maybe win a possible wildcard (but not if that wildcard happens to be Seattle or San Fran; maybe the Vikings?). Unless they find that mysterious ‘get hot’ card, but I just don’t believe it.

Those Steelers, Perry, they just don’t have quit to them! I had wondered when they were going back to Duck Hodges; he did seem a better option than Rudolph. It would certainly be interesting to see a game worthy Connor or Schuster be able to sustain playmaking capabilities. (I won’t say ‘healthy’ because few are obviously healthy; but game worthy is something else entirely).

Jeff...those Cowboys….what the fug? A dominant defense! Or maybe not. Dak is the man! Or maybe not. They’ve got the talent! Or do they? I’m sorry, Jerry is going to be real dumb. They’ll make Dak the highest paid qb in history...and he’s not worth that money. 30 mil a year? Whatever, Jerry seems dumb like that sometimes. Zeke can’t get going, and he’s a way better talent than Dak, I feel. And honestly, I really did think Dallas was going to cruise through this season, well, maybe 11-5 or something, but this pedestrian 6-6 seems a bit stunning right now.

Am I enjoying this season? You know what, I’m not sure. The ‘product’ doesn’t seem as interesting to me. F***ing rules more than anything! I used to know what a catch was! Now? Not so sure. This Pass Interefence challenge is a bullshit stopgate by the League to show they shouldn’t have it. Which is dumb, because a pure MISSED call like that NFC championship game is something the league doesn’t want. Also, the crap enforcement of rules they stress, then back off from is ridiculous and incongruent. You can’t drive a qb down to the ground. Packers lost 2 games off of calls against them due to that! Now? Only a real flagrant call happens. What about no lowering of the head by the offensive player to drive forward for yards? That shit got dropped pretty quick.

I almost really don’t blame officiating. I ‘blame’ inconsistencies of enforcement, and everyone having a seperate opinions about it, without enforcing what needs to happen. Let the refs call things by the eye-’yup, looks like a catch to me-feet down, ball in hands, no help from the ground-good!’ and if that’s wrong, because it’s fast, check the replay, screw 1/16th speed, and let them go ‘oh no shit? That other foot did drag; okay it’s a catch.’ this continuing motion to the ground, if settled in hands can touch the ground while following through the action of completing a catch during a football move.

WTF? Just play ball.

Also...I’m more or less looking forward to this Niners-Ravens Superbowl. Sure, it’d be cool if Brees/Saints would get there and win, as his window is really closing, and well, they got cheated of the chance like twice (okay, one blown tackle/hit ‘miracle’ and another blown call). There’s no Pats in the SB this year. I have no faith that the Chiefs can really summon up a monster game to get past the Ravens. What about Tennessee? That’s a playoff game where the team needs to come up big in all the things that they do so well. I think they’ll ‘make noise’ in the playoffs.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »

Jeff...those Cowboys….what the fug? A dominant defense! Or maybe not. Dak is the man! Or maybe not. They’ve got the talent! Or do they? I’m sorry, Jerry is going to be real dumb. They’ll make Dak the highest paid qb in history...and he’s not worth that money. 30 mil a year? Whatever, Jerry seems dumb like that sometimes. Zeke can’t get going, and he’s a way better talent than Dak, I feel. And honestly, I really did think Dallas was going to cruise through this season, well, maybe 11-5 or something, but this pedestrian 6-6 seems a bit stunning right now.

They have not beat a single team with a winning record.  Think about that for the "this is the superbowl year!" team.  I've never been one to blame Garrett but man, this makes no sense.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »

I am soooo damn glad Rudolph is gone. I liked the kid at first and thought he may develop, but he has regressed so badly week after week ... not willing to take a shot downfield, no pocket presence, arm strength has actually gotten less over time and he is too slow going through his reads/holding onto the ball waaaaay too long

Will "Duck" Hodges (why oh why coulnd't his last name been "Dodgers"?) be great, meh, maybe, but he is certainly better in all of the departments I mentioned Mason sucked at above.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 04:43:14 AM »

OH I LOVE THAT THE PACKERS WIN THE DIVISION-AT MINNESOTA-AND-THEY GET TO KNEEL DOWN TO WIN THE GAME AND DIVISION!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT VIKINGS BWAHAHAHAHA!

I have no aspirations of the Lombardi trophy coming to GB this year...but we took a dagger to the Vikings' nation heart at home. It's as if the Packers proved-again-what a bad signing Cousins was...and only the Packers reap the benefits of it.

They even spotted the Vikings 10 points off of turnover!!

BWAHAHAHHA!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »

Congrats Jimmy!  At least someone I know will be in the playoffs.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 01:19:36 AM »

Jeff, what's the in-state opinion on Jason Garrett?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »

Jeff, what's the in-state opinion on Jason Garrett?

Most think it’s time for him to go.  He is still well liked and thought of as a good coach but clearly he needs to move on.  We have too much talent not to make the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:15:52 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »

Sadly, Jerry Jones will never (again) hire the coach he needs. A coach that will tell him to STFU and let him coach. He and Jimmy Johnson went at each other like cats and dogs yet the coach did what he had to do and they won. A lot. But Jerry wants ... needs ... a yes man in the roll. His choices for coaches since Jimmy's departure (other than Bill Parcels ... who other than finding Romo didn't have a great group of guys in my eyes) is proof of that. Switzer? Gailey? Phillips? Weak ass men that can't stand up to the man in charge, even when they need to. I'm not even going to touch on freaking Dave Campo!!  Roll Eyes

Hell, Aikman wants to be the GM there but said he would never, will never do it as long as Jerah' is the owner as he knows Jerah' wants to be GM, Coach, Trainer, Owner and at least 5 or 6 other positions.

Meanwhile, the Steelers, came one game shy of possibly making a horrible coach (in my opinion) the Coach of the year!?!! There was actually talk of that a few weeks ago. Because we backed into wins regardless of his stupid calls, stupid game plans and lack of adjusting to game flow, the talk was he was in line for coach of the year. Ridiculous.
Like yesterday (which I am soooo damn happy we lost and didn't make the playoffs ... we would have been slaughtered in front of the world) I stopped watching the game when after half-time he still had Duck F'n Hodges in at QB instead of using this time to see if the also horrible Paxton Lynch could be ANYTHING worth a spot next year. We sure as hell know the Duck and Mason "I can't guide a sled on a clear night" Rudolph are not deserving of a roster spot next year, so why not see of Paxton deserves at least a spot on the practice squad?? Tennessee was already up by 2 TDs and it was obvious they were going to win, why not take a shot at a spark? You did after all go for it on 4th and 9 from our own 34 yard line a few games ago and not by way of a passing play, oh no, you chose to go for a running play and to top it off you didn't hike it to the "up man" making it only 12 yards we needed to get ... with a guy that is used to rushing ... oh no, you decided it would be better to USE OUR DAMN SLOW ASS PUNTER?!?!?!?! So you hike the ball 10 F'n yards back to the punter, making it now 19 yards from THAT spot that he has to run?!?!?! With brilliant decisions like that how could you not win coach of the year???
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS