HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:28:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 27691 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 16, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »

Ahhhh, the sweet taste of victory. Starting the season 2-0 sure is nice.

DAMN IT!!!!

Tomlin suuuuucks.

And my goodness, I have never seen a "decent" WR fall to the bottom of the suck pile like Moncrief. WTF?Huh He can't catch a cold, as the old timers say.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »

I'd say "What were thinking getting rid of Antonio Brown?"  but then of course, it's Antonio Brown that's why.

Will Big Ben be out next week?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:02:53 PM »

Out for the year

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:14:28 PM »

Ouch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »

Ouch.

That's okay, not like we were blowing people away with him this year. I like Mason Rudolph, the new starter, especially because I have him on my fantasy team (and NEED him too as I only have the Colts Brissett after Luck screwed me, thought only for himself and not us fantasy guys, and retired!!  Angry)

Wink Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:05:47 PM »

I had Big Ben as my backup in the HeroRealm league.  Thankfully, I have Deshaun Watson as my starter.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 01:01:31 AM »

What a year already;3 starting qbs out (yes, counting Luck with Brees and Roethlisberger).

Can the Packers play defense for all the year? Here's hoping!

Will Dallas continue to look like the wunderkin of the league, but eventually fade, self destruct, or implode again?

Who will beat the Patriots int he AFC championship game? Anyone? Can the Chiefs maybe actually do it this time?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 01:36:45 AM »

Will Dallas continue to look like the wunderkin of the league, but eventually fade, self destruct, or implode again?

Dak was on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.  We're toast.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 01:14:15 PM »

Oh Jeff, I'm sorry. Just when things were looking good.

Cool Grin Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's funny!!  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »

Ah the Steelers
0-3 ... can't remember the last time we were sitting at that record. The last years of the Chuck Noll with Mark Malone maybe? Have to look.
Now true, we have played some good F'n teams, but good teams beat good teams.
No, let me change that, well coached teams beat good teams. I went horse yesterday screaming at some of the "coaching" decisions yesterday, especially in the last two minutes with Tomlins clock management.
 Cry

And all this is just sitting at the edge of the more personal factor for me, my fantasy team. I'm scoring in the top three or four each week, yet I keep playing the guys that score in the top two each week. Never fails. My opponent can score 47 points, 39 points and then play me and they score 144 points while I score my usual 130 or so. Meanwhile, we have an owner, in my division  Angry, that has scored a total of 120 points ... combined ... in three games ... and he is sitting at 3-0
 Angry Angry
Gotta love fantasy football!!  Grin

On a brighter note, I turned a quarter entry into $30 bucks at DraftKings this past week, so there is that. Go Cooper Kupp, whom by the way I drafted a couple years ago for my fantasy team because he shares a name with my dog, Kupp.
Hahaha
Just kidding, my dog's name is Cooper!!
(also the reason I drafted Amari Cooper and Cooper Pharoh, though that last one bombed)
 Grin
Also, again  Grin, on a side note and trying to forget both the Steelers and my woes  Grin, I also drafted, in a late round, Drew LOCK solely because I have AnDREW LUCK on my team. And yes, I still have Luck ... just in-case he changes his mind after sitting out a year.
 Cheesy

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 05:14:31 PM »

at least Brissett did well for you
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 09:25:42 PM »

True that!
He is a solid "okay" QB. A safe, but not spectacular option. If only Hopkins, Eckler, Seattle's D could have scored a little more.
 Cheesy (I have the Steelers D but of course sat them ... along with Kupp and Amari!!!  Angry ... but I would have still lost by 5 or so points. I think I would rather lose by a lot than by that amount  Grin)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 02:39:14 AM »

1st half Packers.. Whoa!!

2nd half Cowboys.. Whoa! End of game Packers and Cowboys... This looks familiar...

Earl thomas hit to Mason Rudolph.. HOW IS HE NOT EJECTED!! MASON WENT UP IN THE AIR TO SEE THE THROW, AND THOMAS WENT HIGHER THAN THAT TO HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WITH HIS HELMET AS A WEAPON!! F***ING NFL!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »

Grin

I was screaming for days
"He launched!!! He is not allowed to leave his feet and lead with his helmet!!"
 Grin

I heard he sent a card to Mason apologizing. That's good I guess. And luckily all is well, it seems ... for now
 Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS