HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:33:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-Ranking the upcoming X-Titles  (Read 3321 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 04, 2019, 01:08:52 PM »

So I am trying to avoid, for now, reading Jeff's House of X/Powers of X thread, only because I like to tease myself and I want to read it when I am not at my highest level of Morphine induced glee, and want to read it as sober as I can, so that means I will read it a little later in the day.

That being the case, and seeing Jeff is posting shots about the new books, I though of doing what we love to do here ... start a list
  Grin
So ranking them, in my initial interest ... with the goal of, again, trying to make that House of X thread last ... hahaha, here is what I come up with for the 6 new, upcoming X titles:

1 - X-Men - Hickman is the writer and I think having all the Summers family, plus Jean and Wolverine on the team a wild idea. Curious as to what Hickman's plan is with that.
2 - New Mutants - Tough call between #2 and #3, but I chose New Mutants for the chance at some wild/good stories. Plus I know it's lame, but I like Cypher. Haha
3 - Marauders - Duggan can write, but then again I still have the sour taste of that Infinity crap. Still, I like the team dynamic as well; Kitty and Emma (trust issues), Bishop and Storm (past love issues), Bobby and Pyro (fire and ice)
4 - Excalibur - This may end up being my 2nd favorite as I like the possibilities (alternate worlds, universes etc ...), but not a huge fan of the team. Even still, give me some good stories I could see this rising up the ranks.
5 - X-Force - I actually like this team and am very interested in this title, but I do not like anything I've read by Benjamin Percy, so that scares me. Of course Hickman is, I believe, in charge of the entire X-universe now so maybe the book will surprise me. I hope so because this could easily be a top 3 book for me at the start with a different writer
6 - Fallen Angels - Not a "fan" of any of these characters. Bottom Line. Just not a must read in any form ... yet?
 Grin

How about you?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »

I haven’t seen anything on New Mutants, X-force, or Fallen Angels yet.  I’ll have to go look them up and come back.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »

Sorry Jeff, I should have pasted the information knowing it wasn't here yet. My bad
HERE is a brief summation of them if you (or anyone) wants

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »

So, Jeff, or anyone ... what are the thoughts on the entire X line coming soon?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS