HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:16:18 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Binge List  (Read 37501 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »

Recently Finished:

- Star Trek: Picard  s2 - Wasn't too into this show during the last few episodes, felt like I could've just had it on in the background while I did other things and I would have gotten the same out of it, but the ending was done well enough, I guess. Just tired of long-form Trek.

- Moon Knight s1 - Went from good to great to total bullshit with that last episode. I have had problems with ALL of the Marvel TV show endings, but this one was easily the worst crap they have crapped

- Ozarks s4 - One of the best shows to ever grace the small screen. Amazing writing, acting, directing, lighting, costumes, settings and props. This is what serialized television can be. "Mmmm-wa" (chef kiss). So sad it is over.

Currently Watching:

- Poirot s2 - Recently saw the remake of Nile and missed the original so started it again. Fourth time around
- Perry Mason s2 - I like to relax with older stuff like this at times. A perfect show to sit and chill
- Star Trek Strange New Worlds s1 - So far, so grand!! waiting for ep2
- Curb Your Enthusiasm s1 - Well what else would the wife and I watch while we eat after finishing Seinfeld Smiley
- The Staircase (true story) - HBO's mini series about a NC husband killing his wife via stairs
- Foundation - Season 1 - Just got Apple+ back so "I" will be watching this soon!!
- Ted Lasso - Season 2 - Just got Apple+ back so "we" will be watching this soon!!
- Slow Horses - Season 1 (Apple+) - Another "we" show
- Severance - Season 1 (Apple+) - Another "we" show

Haven't Started (or need to get back to):

- Arcane: League of Legends s1
- Hellbound s1
- Dexter: New Blood
- Doom Patrol s3
- Titans s3
- Expanse s1

Coming soon

Andor - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Doom Patrol - Season 4  -  Renewed but no release date yet
House of Dragon (HBO - 2022)
Invincible - Season 2 - Renewed but release date yet
Joe Pickett - Season 1 - 5/15/2022
Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power - Season 1 - 9/2/2022
Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - Fall 2022
Secret Invasion - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Squid Games - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet
Stranger Things - Season 4 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet but tentatively Mid 2022
Ted Lasso - Season 3 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
The Boys - Season 3 - 6/3/2022
The Crown - Season 5 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
The Last of Us - Season 1 -  - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
The Mandalorian - Season 3
The Sandman - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Titans - Season 4 -  Renewed but no release date yet

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2022, 03:47:41 PM »

Recently Finished:

Nothing?!?! Nothing new anyway. Finished both Poirot and Curb Your Enthusiasm's s2, but these are re-watches so I won't count them this time around... errr... I mean next time around  Grin

Currently Watching:

Re-watching older stuff that I love -

- Poirot s3 - up to episode 6 (out of 10)
- Perry Mason s2 - up to episode 22 (out of 39)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm s3 - up to episode 4 (out of 10)

Digging on some new stuff as well -

- Star Trek Strange New Worlds s1 - waiting on episode 4 (of 10)
- The Offer (true story on making the Godfather. And... wow!!) - waiting on episode 9 (out of 10)
- The Staircase (true story about a man convicted of murdering wife - waiting on episode 6 (of 8 )
- Foundation - Season 1 - About halfway through the first episode (need to get back to this!!)
- Ted Lasso - Season 2 - up to episode 9 (out of 12)
- Joe Pickett - Season 1 - up to episode 2 (out of 10)
- Severance - Season 1 (Apple+) - up to episode 2 (out of 9) The wife wasn't as into this as I was, so this is now a "me" show  Cheesy

- Doom Patrol s3
- Titans s3
- Expanse s1
- Slow Horses s1

Coming soon

Andor - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
House of Dragon (HBO - 2022)
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - Fall 2022
Secret Invasion - Season 1 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
Stranger Things - Season 4 - 5/27/2022
The Crown - Season 5 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
The Last of Us - Season 1 -  - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet
The Mandalorian - Season 3
Titans - Season 4 -  Renewed but no release date yet

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2022, 04:16:34 AM »

Finished:
1.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 & 2 - Loved it!  I’ll be watching all of these again with the wife.
2.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 Part 1 - Holy crap! What a great start to the last season!  Totally blown away by the twists and the cliffhanger.  Part 2 can’t get here fast enough!

Currently Watching
1.   The Flash - Season 8 Part 2 - on episode 13 Wednesdays
2.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - waiting on episode 5 Thursdays
3.  Law & Order - Season 3 - the wife and I are re-watching these starting with Season 1.  Loved this show back in the day and really enjoying seeing these again.
4.   The Haunting of Bly Manor - on episode 6

Haven't Started:
1.  Castle Rock - Season 1 & 2
2.  Peacemaker - Season 1
3.  Midnight Mass
4.  Stranger Things - Season 4
5.  Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season 1

Coming Soon:
1.  The Boys - Season 3 - June 3, 2022
2.  Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - June 28, 2022
3.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Part 2 July 11, 2022
------------------------------------------------------
4.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 3 - Summer 2022.  No official release date yet.
5.  Westworld - Season 4 - Tentatively Summer 2022.  No official release date yet.
6.  Invincible - Season 2 - Sometime in 2022. No release date yet.
7.  The Mandalorian - Season 3 - Tentatively Q4 2022.  No release date yet.
8.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet. Earliest estimated release Q4 2022.
9.  Titans - Season 4 -  Renewed but no release date yet.
10.  Doom Patrol - Season 4 - Renewed but no release date yet.
11.  Squid Games - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet.
12.  Succession - Season 4
13.  Ted Lasso - Season 3
14.  Locke & Key - Season 3
15.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
16.  Foundation - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet.
17.  Letterkenny - Season 11 - Renewed and filming complete but no release date yet.
18.  Yellowstone - Season 5 - Renewed but no release date
19.  The Book of Boba Fett - Season 2
20.  Walking Dead - Season 11 Part 3
21.  The Gilded Age - Season 2
22.  Raised By Wolves - Season 3
23.  Picard - Season 3 - Renewed but no release date
24.  Moon Knight - Season 2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2022, 12:00:15 PM »

Finished:
1.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 & 2 - Loved it!  I’ll be watching all of these again with the wife.

It was really good. Especially after that first episode (where I found Ensign Mariner just a tad obnoxious, but she calms down starting with episode two  Grin)

I think I have way too many things going on at once  Cheesy  So much so that that I thought I was on episode 9 of The Offer last week, but was only on episode 6 and I only moved past episode 1 of Foundation, but now stuck on episode two. Watching too much at once, but I damn sure had to add the 1966 Batman to my list  Grin (For those that didn't know it is now on FreeVee, through the app or Amazon Prime) Hells yeah!!!

Also added a couple more shows to watch, now  Roll Eyes, as I am a glutton for punishment

Night Sky - J.K. Simmons and Sissy Spacek star as an elderly couple that are slowly losing their ability to take care of each other. but they have a transporter (hidden in their shed), that takes them to a different galaxy and... well... not saying here. Slow start, but the ending of the first episode (which is NOT about the transporter, that comes in pretty early) kept this one on the list. The wife and I enjoy it so far, but this may not be for anyone under 50. I don't think  Cheesy But for those older folks like us that can relate to their minds (and bodies) not being what they once were (perhaps there are even some youngins  Cheesy)... yeah, you should watch this!!

Shining Girls - Wow. The first episode made me think I was also in that Night Sky show, as it had me thinking I was losing my mind. Really cool Sci-Fi/Crime Thriller about... well, not giving it away. Pretty, pretty, pretty cool  Wink

Recently Finished:

Ted Lasso s2 Only thing I didn't like was
the Nate transformation
. They did a great job in taking their time and setting it up, but... Nah. Even still, a good season. Not quite as good as the first, but I will certainly be back for the third  Grin

Joe Pickett s1 - Didn't actually finish this as much as stopped watching after 15 minutes. Nope

Currently Watching:

The older stuff that still gets me going -

- Batman (1966) s1 - up to episode 2 (out of 34  Shocked)
- Poirot s3 - up to episode 9 (out of 10)
- Perry Mason s2 - up to episode 27 (out of 39)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm s3 - up to episode 9 (out of 10)

And of course, the new stuff -

- Star Trek Strange New Worlds s1 - waiting on episode 5 (of 10)
- The Offer (true story on making the Godfather. And... wow!!) - waiting on episode 8 (out of 10)
- The Staircase (true story about a man convicted of murdering wife - waiting on episode 7 (of 8 )
- Shining Girls - Season 1 (Apple+) - waiting on episode 8 (out of 8 )
- Foundation - Season 1 - About halfway through the 2nd episode (need to get back to this!!)
- Severance - Season 1 - up to episode 2 (out of 9) ... still
- Night Sky - Season 1 (Prime) - up to episode 2 (out of 8 )

- Doom Patrol s3
- Titans s3
- Expanse s1
- Slow Horses s1
- Stranger Things s4
- Obi-Wan Kenobi s1

Coming soon

Andor - Season 1 - 8/31/2022
House of Dragon - Season 1 -  8/24/2022
Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - 6/28/2022
Secret Invasion - Season 1 - 2/28/2023 (tentative)
The Crown - Season 5 - 11/?/2022
The Last of Us - Season 1 - Sometime in 2023.  No release date yet
The Mandalorian - Season 3 - 2/?/23
Titans - Season 4 - "4th quarter of 2022"
Westworld - Season 4 - 6/26/2022

(Edit - added new release dates) 
Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:08:42 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2022, 12:22:17 PM »

Recently Finished:

- Night Sky - Season 1 (8 episodes) (Prime) - A decent, but ultimately too slow sci-fi show about an elderly couple that find a transporter to another world. Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons star and show why they are still acting, but it is a slow burn.

- Shining Girls - Season 1 (8 episodes) (Apple+) - Another sci-fi show but this time centering around a different sci-fi topic and a totally different theme. One about a chasing a murderer. Not as slow as Night Sky, thankfully, and overall a much better show. Okay, maybe not MUCH better, but better still

- Stranger Things - Season 1 (7 episodes) (Netflix) - To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this year's offering after Season three's less than par outing. I just didn't overly care for last season. Not that it was bad, but comparatively speaking it was just a tad off from what had came before. But damn, this season brought back the punch! An amazing antagonist and a harder edge brings this show back to season one form. The combination of movie and tv show homages is also really cool. The one thing that I wasn't aware of though... this is another of those two-parter things that are so popular now. I guess that way the companies can keep you around for another month or two.

Currently Watching:

The older stuff that still gets me going (though I am moving slower now  Cheesy) -

- Batman (1966) s1 - up to episode 2 (out of 34)
- Poirot s4 - up to episode 1 (out of 3) The show really gets good here. Good 40's crime movies  Kiss
- Perry Mason s2 - up to episode 28 (out of 39)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm s4 - up to episode 8 (out of 10)

And of course, the new stuff -

- Star Trek Strange New Worlds s1 (Paramount+) - waiting on episode 6 (out of 10)
- The Offer (Paramount+) - waiting on episode 9 (out of 10)
- The Staircase (HBO) - waiting on episode 8 (out of 8 )
- The Boys (Prime) Season 3 - On episode 1 (out of 8 )
- Doom Patrol (HBO) Season 3 - On episode 2 (out of 10)
- Dark (Netflix) Season 1 - On episode 3 - A sci/fi (I think) show from Germany. Subtitles (I can't stand anything dubbed) that the wife and I tried a couple years ago when it first hit Netflix. It didn't orginally hit for us, or me more precisely so we stopped. I keep hearing about how good it is, so I am diving back in. It should be a good one if I can get past the first 3 or 4 episodes.
It is weird, the wife and I love international movies/shows from the UK, France, Korea, Japan, Spain, Iceland, Norway... well hell... all of Scandinavia, but for some reason I really struggle with shows and movies from Germany. Once I get going I'm okay, but I think as I don't do dubbed (I like to watch actors act and when the lips don't match the sound it drives me crazy) when I hear German, my ears perk up too much. It hits my head really hard. When it comes to being on the television... I struggle with the sound of the language. And that is not a knock on the German people  Smiley. It is NOT reflective of my thoughts on them at all, and it doesn't happen when I hear them live, in person, but when I am watching a show, my ears perceive the German "K"s and "T"s very harshly. And hey, sometimes that works great, like when whom ever is speaking German is the antagonist (the sharp edge of the language fits for me as a "bad guy" sound), but when there are soft moments in film, or scenes with kids, it takes me a few to get my ears to settle down, to stop "Stinging". Ha, I don't know why. I know it sounds odd, perhaps, but it is the truth.  Grin Hell, I have even named all my dogs with a "k" sound (Tucker, Cooper, Teeko and even little "Kibbles", my moms dog) as I know how it hits my ears and I think it must be easier for them to hear it as well.  Grin
Anyway...

Need to, eventually, get back to -
- Foundation - Season 1 - About halfway through the 2nd episode... still
- Severance - Season 1 - up to episode 2 (out of 9)... still

- Titans s3
- Expanse s1
- Slow Horses s1
- Obi-Wan Kenobi s1

Coming soon

Andor - Season 1 - 8/31/2022
House of Dragon - Season 1 -  8/24/2022
Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - 6/28/2022
Secret Invasion - Season 1 - 2/28/2023 (tentative)
The Crown - Season 5 - 11/?/2022
The Last of Us - Season 1 - Sometime in 2023.  No release date yet
The Mandalorian - Season 3 - 2/?/23
Titans - Season 4 - "4th quarter of 2022"
Westworld - Season 4 - 6/26/2022

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2022, 02:43:52 AM »

- Dark (Netflix) Season 1 - On episode 3 - A sci/fi (I think) show from Germany. Subtitles (I can't stand anything dubbed) that the wife and I tried a couple years ago when it first hit Netflix. It didn't orginally hit for us, or me more precisely so we stopped. I keep hearing about how good it is, so I am diving back in. It should be a good one if I can get past the first 3 or 4 episodes.

Watch it dubbed.  They did a good job dubbing this series.  I watched it last year and really liked it. I wasn’t as satisfied with how it ended but the journey was amazing.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2022, 12:29:17 PM »

Watch it dubbed. 

Can. Not. Do. It
 Cheesy
Only thing I hate more than (apparently) hearing German is SEEING German while hearing English
 Cheesy

They did a good job dubbing this series.

BAH. The sounds do not match the actors. It is horrible.  Wink Don't now how you, or anyone, does it  Grin
I think the only thing I could say to compare... to show how it is for me and what it would be like for others of your ilk (that do the dubbed thing), is if you were to watch Batman the animated series but they replaced the great Batman voice of Kevin Conroy with that of Gilbert Gottfried
 Cheesy
(Okay, not quite THAT bad)
 Cheesy Cheesy

I watched it last year and really liked it. I wasn’t as satisfied with how it ended but the journey was amazing.

Ya, that is what I hear. I am sure I will make it, okay... not sure, but I am trying. I think if I can get deep enough into the show, my ears will calm down.

Did you watch all three seasons?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2022, 01:06:38 PM »

Yes. That is what I mean about the end - the third season wrap up wasn’t as good as the twists and turns of the first two seasons.  Still was a great show though.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2022, 11:10:10 AM »

Yes. That is what I mean about the end - the third season wrap up wasn’t as good as the twists and turns of the first two seasons.  Still was a great show though.

Ahh, okay, thanks. I didn't know if you had watched it right when it came out, like we tried to do back when there was only the first season, and your thoughts were on just that season's end. At least, that was what I was hoping.
 Grin

At least, like you mentioned, I will have the fun during the journey. But... shit... I don't like let down endings either.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I will hang in there though. Thanks again!
 Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2022, 03:06:47 PM »

Binge List

Finished:
1.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 & 2 - Loved it!  I’ll be watching all of these again with the wife.
2.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 Part 1 - Holy crap! What a great start to the last season!  Totally blown away by the twists and the cliffhanger.  Part 2 can’t get here fast enough!
3.   The Haunting of Bly Manor - Great mini series! From the same crew that made Haunting of Hill House and I enjoyed it just as much.  Bigger twists in Hill House but still some great ones here that blow your mind.

Currently Watching
1.   The Flash - Season 8 Part 2 - on episode 14 Wednesdays
2.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - on episode 5 Thursdays
3.  Law & Order - Season 4 - the wife and I are re-watching these starting with Season 1.  Loved this show back in the day and really enjoying seeing these again.

Haven't Started:
1.  Castle Rock - Season 1 & 2
2.  Peacemaker - Season 1
3.  Midnight Mass
4.  Stranger Things - Season 4
5.  Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season 1
6.  Shorsey - Season 1
7.  The Boys - Season 3

Coming Soon:
1.  Westworld - Season 4 - June 26, 2022
2.  Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 - June 28, 2022
3.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Part 2 July 11, 2022
------------------------------------------------------
4.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 3 - Summer 2022.  No official release date yet.
5.  Invincible - Season 2 - Sometime in 2022. No release date yet.
6.  The Mandalorian - Season 3 - Tentatively Q4 2022.  No release date yet.
7.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet. Earliest estimated release Q4 2022.
8.  Titans - Season 4 -  Renewed but no release date yet.
9.  Doom Patrol - Season 4 - Renewed but no release date yet.
10.  Squid Games - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet.
11.  Succession - Season 4
12.  Ted Lasso - Season 3
13.  Locke & Key - Season 3
14.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
15.  Foundation - Season 2 - Renewed but no release date yet.
16.  Letterkenny - Season 11 - Renewed and filming complete but no release date yet.
17.  Yellowstone - Season 5 - Renewed but no release date
18.  The Book of Boba Fett - Season 2
19.  Walking Dead - Season 11 Part 3
20.  The Gilded Age - Season 2
21.  Raised By Wolves - Season 3
22.  Picard - Season 3 - Renewed but no release date
23.  Moon Knight - Season 2

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2022, 05:35:23 PM »

Just heard HBO will not be renewing Raised by Wolves
 Undecided

The production team are currently looking for another channel to show season 3 (and beyond?)

Edit - And hey Jeff, just noticed you no longer have The Orville on your lists (wasn't it there?). If you pulled it, any reason? Just curious
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:37:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2022, 11:06:39 PM »

Just heard HBO will not be renewing Raised by Wolves

I heard that this week as well.  Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1 so I'm not really surprised.

Edit - And hey Jeff, just noticed you no longer have The Orville on your lists (wasn't it there?). If you pulled it, any reason? Just curious

Lol.  Yeah I had dropped it a long time ago when I cut this list down to things I could find the time to watch.  But with the new season coming up and my renewed interest in Star Trek (thanks to Strange New Worlds) I've been thinking of putting it back on the list.  (And yes, I know it's not Star Trek but...come on....it's Star Trek  Grin  )

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2022, 03:25:11 PM »

Currently Watching
1.  The Boys - Season 3
2.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1
3.  Rupaul's Drag Race All-Stars- Season 7
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2022, 02:04:00 AM »

Currently Watching
1.  The Boys - Season 3

How is it so far?

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2022, 02:04:12 PM »

Currently Watching
1.  The Boys - Season 3

How is it so far?

Gory and a few plot twists. I never read the comics and watch it without bias. Homelander, though, gets on my last gay nerve. I am ready for his demise.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS