HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:45:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Binge List  (Read 37520 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2021, 09:14:03 AM »

Just some quick, 5 AM thoughts on your list
 Cheesy

I still have to make time for Futreman. May be a 'me only' watch ... sans the missus ... but I need to get to it

Once you start Trek: Discovery, keep in mind (as I have said countless times  Cheesy)  that Season One takes a good while to truly find its legs, Season Two is so much better than Season One and Season Three is ... well ... on par with Season One? Not sure about three as I actually took a break from CBS All Access after a couple episodes of that season and have yet to return so I'm not sure how that one is really
 Grin

I honestly think you should consider not dropping the Orville. I mean, you may never watch it, but I don't think it deserves to be on a drop list, if ya get me  Cheesy Cheesy I think if you like Trek, you would like it ... for the most part.  Cheesy Yes it can be a little left leaning at times, but so is Trek. Trek is sometimes more covert about it though  Cheesy  but here, other than one episode in Season Two, I don't think you would be jolted away by anything. Not that I can remember anyhow  Wink. Sure the first season (like may shows first seasons) is a little ... rough at times as it tries to find its identity. It is also much more humorous (attempted humorous) in nature in its early episodes as McFarland sold it as a funny Trek to get it on air, but season two the humor is lessened, although still around, and it becomes more of what McFarland wanted. His own Star Trek.
Is it as good? Okay, no (mainly because the lack of good bad guys, I feel), but the characters get stronger as it goes. It's also NOT Star Trek in quality, they don't have the funding that Discovery or Picard have, but the heart is certainly there in the money's absence.
 Smiley

And Star Trek Lower Decks took me an episode or two to get fully invested, but once I did, I found it a grand animated show. Very funny. The Doc is awesome!!

Hmmm, I guess I didn't want to talk about your list as much as talk about Trek and things like Trek
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2021, 06:32:57 PM »

Haven’t watched a lot since my last update but I did get some really good ones in.

Finished:
1. Letterkenny - Season 9 - This was the exception.  Really bad season overall.  Strange since Season 8 I think was the funniest.
2. Sweet Tooth - Season 1 - I really enjoyed this.  It deviates from the comic quite a bit but what they’ve done is quality.  Looking forward to the next season.
3.  Mr. Inbetween Season 1, 2, & 3 - I just found out about this show and sadly while I was binging it the final episode aired (this past week).  This is a show that ended too early as I really wanted more.  Dark humor about a paid hit man with close family ties.  The family, of course, has no idea what he does.  On the upside, it ended while the show was at its best so at least it doesn’t drop in quality before ending.  Go check this out.  Season 1 is only 6 episodes; S2 is 11 episodes; and S3 is 8 episodes.  So the whole thing is only 25 episodes; 30 minutes each and relatively short time investment.

Currently Watching
1.  The Flash - Season 7 - This season has been terrible but its one of the few thing my daughter and I still watch together.  Still has at least 2 more episodes to go.
2.  LEGION - Season 3 - technically haven’t started yet but now is a good time to finish this up.
3.  Loki - Season 1 - Didn’t get started on this yet but now that it has all dropped I’ll binge this fairly quickly.

Haven't Started:
1.  Quickdraw - Season 1
2.  Queen’s Gambit - Season 1
3.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 1, 2, & 3
4.  Cobra Kai - Season 1 & 2
5.  Castle Rock - Season 1 & 2
6.  Utopia - Season 1
7.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1

Coming Soon:
1.  Titans - Season 3 - August 12, 2021.
2.  Walking Dead - Season 11 - August 22, 2021.
3.  What… If? –   August 11, 2021.
4.  The Witcher - Season 2 - August 23, 2021.
5.  Money Heist - Season 5 - September 3, 2021
6.  Doom Patrol - Season 3 - September 23, 2021
7.  Locke & Key - Season 2 - October 2021.
8.  Succession - Season 3 - Fall 2021.  No release date yet.
9.  Ms. Marvel – Late 2021.  No release date yet.
10.  Hawkeye – November 24, 2021.
11.  Lost in Space - Season 3 (Final Season) - End of year 2021: No official release date yet.
12.  Ozark - Season 4 (Final Season) - Tentatively 2021 or early 2022.  No release date yet.
13.  Picard - Season 2 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet.
14.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet.
15.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Tentatively Q1 2022.  No release date yet.
16.  Westworld - Season 4 - Tentatively May 2022.  No official release date yet.
17.  Letterkenny - Season 10 - Tentatively July 2022.
18.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.
19.  Goliath - Season 4 (Final Season) - No release date yet.
20.  Invincible - Season 2 - No release date yet.
21.  The Boys - Season 3 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet.
22.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
23.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet but tentatively Mid 2022.
24.  WandaVision - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet.
25.  Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:04:49 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

Loki - Didn’t get started on this yet but now that it has all dropped I’ll binge this fairly quickly.

I ... I don't ...

The shame that is slowly rising in me as I type this can never be quantified.  Cheesy You run a comic based site, sir! Where is your pride?
 Cry Cry

Wink

But seriously, yeah, get on this, my man! I've been wanting to talk to you guys about it
 Smiley

And keep in mind that though you may struggle with episode #3 (or not, I know I found it poorly done) the rest of it, including the ending ... especially the ending ... will see you through. The best of the Marvel/Disney+ stuff so far
 Smiley

Oh, and I hope you remember most of what happened in season 2 of Legion because if not, season three will kick your butt with confusion. It watched it a good while after season 2 I had to go back and refresh myself. But my memory is quite bad, so there is that
 Cheesy

EDIT - Okay, re-reading this over and it sounds pretty bad. My intent was not to bash or "throw the shade" or throw any form of shaming your way at all, Jeff.
A part of me knows you are aware of this, but again, rereading it now it sounds like I am really trying to do what I was really trying to pretend to do ...  the purpose was to laugh at the thought of all that. However, now it seems totally different than it did when I was literally smiling as I typed it originally.
Damn the lack of both nuance in text and my writing ability!!!
Obviously the above was meant as a total joke. My hope is that it was taken with no seriousness to it and even if it didn't land as humorous, that there was no offense dealt.
 Undecided
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:37:05 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2021, 03:02:15 PM »

Currently Watching
1.  Superman & Lois - Season 1
2.  Legacies - Season 3

Haven't Started:
1.  Locke & Key - Season 1

Coming Soon:
1.  Titans - Season 3 - August 2021
2.  What If? –   August 2021
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2021, 04:24:47 PM »

Perry you b@sta@rd!!  Lol.

Of course I took it as you intended.  No worries.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »

Haven't Started:
1.  Locke & Key - Season 1

I think you’ll like this one.  It’s fun.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 02:14:27 AM »

I need to get moving as shows are popping up faster than I can get to them now!

Finished:
1.  The Flash - Season 7 - So glad this is over.  Absolutely the worst season of the series.  If it wasn’t for the fact my daughter loves watching it with me, I’d drop it.
2.  LEGION - Season 3 - Wow what a turn around!  This was the best season of the series.  Gave a good ending to all the craziness and I think it did the characters justice in the end.

Currently Watching
1.  Loki - Season 1 - I’m one episode in and so far I like it.  This could be fun.
2.  What If? - Season 1 - Starting this later tonight.  I’ve heard good things.
3.  Titans - Season 3 - Will be starting this week.  The teaser looked good but I’m hearing it’s not living up to it?
4.  M.O.D.O.K. - Season 1 - I have NOT heard good things about this but my curiosity has gotten the better of me.  Starting this week as well.

Haven't Started:
1.  Quickdraw - Season 1
6.  Utopia - Season 1
7.  Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 & 2

Coming Soon:
1.  Walking Dead - Season 11 - August 22, 2021.
2.  Money Heist - Season 5 - September 3, 2021
3.  Doom Patrol - Season 3 - September 23, 2021
4.  Locke & Key - Season 2 - October 2021.
5.  The Flash - Season 8 - November 16, 2021
6.  Hawkeye – November 24, 2021.
7.  The Witcher - Season 2 - December 17, 2021.
8.  Succession - Season 3 - Fall 2021.  No release date yet.
9.  Ms. Marvel – Late 2021.  No release date yet.. .  
10.  Lost in Space - Season 3 (Final Season) - End of year 2021: No official release date yet.
11.  Ozark - Season 4 (Final Season) - Tentatively 2021 or early 2022.  No release date yet..  
12.  Picard - Season 2 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet..  
13.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet.
14.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Tentatively Q1 2022.  No release date yet.
15.  Westworld - Season 4 - Tentatively May 2022.  No official release date yet.
16.  Letterkenny - Season 10 - Tentatively July 2022.
17.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.
18.  Goliath - Season 4 (Final Season) - No release date yet.
19.  Invincible - Season 2 - No release date yet.
20.  The Boys - Season 3 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet.
21.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
22.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet but tentatively Mid 2022.
23.  WandaVision - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet.
24.  Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet..

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »

Currently Watching
1.  What If? Season 1... loved the first episode and watching the second one tonight.
2.  Titans Season 3... enjoyed the first three episodes and GREAT explosive end.
3.  Stargirl Season 2... my daughter is hooked on it and I explain their backstories along the way.
4.  Black Lightning Season 3... another one of my daughter's favorites. How can you have Markovia without Geo-Force???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:35:37 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2021, 04:02:35 PM »

Currently Watching

3.  Titans - Season 3 - Will be starting this week.  The teaser looked good but I’m hearing it’s not living up to it?

You should enjoy it. It is just those ridiculous writing/dialog problems that I have with most comic to TV products. Always someone either "going to talk" every ten minutes or, as the case here, over-reacting verbally to somethings and not reacting or communicating at all with others.
Below example is not a spoiler as it does not happen in the Titans, that I know of, but just an example ...

Actor 1 (best friends with actor 2) - "Why did you just grab that knife and try to cut my throat?"
Actor 2 (best friends with actor 1) - "I'm ... I'm ... I'm sorry"
Actor 1 - Walks away without getting the answer or asking any other questions. I mean why not, right? Who cares about such things? Stay and ask again to gain all the information you can, which would easily prepare them/everyone for things that are certain to come, no, of course not, that would be what EVERYONE would do, so instead of finding answers NOW, lets just have them walk out of room.

STUPID ASS SHIT!!!!

4.  M.O.D.O.K. - Season 1 - I have NOT heard good things about this but my curiosity has gotten the better of me.  Starting this week as well.

Good luck. The Harley show is so much better than this dreadful animated attempt at ... comedy?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2021, 05:01:05 PM »

Unrelated but the wife and I have started watching Formula One on Netflix (3 seasons so far).  I’m not a racing follower but this behind the scenes series is really fascinating and fun to watch.  Unexpected good series.

Finished:
1.  Loki - Season 1 - Loved this.  My favorite of the Disney+ series so far.  Wasn’t happy it had a cliffhanger ending but does make me excited for a season 2 and also for how it impacts some upcoming Marvel films!

Currently Watching
1.  Walking Dead - Season 11 - Final season.  I’m looking forward to how this wraps up as the previous  season was really good.
2.  What If? - Season 1 - Planning on catching up this week.
3.  Titans - Season 3 - Started episode 1 but got interrupted.  Will catch up this week.
4.  M.O.D.O.K. - Season 1 - Might postpone this since I have so many other better shows coming up. (Money Heist & Doom Patrol both releasing in September)

Haven't Started:
1.  Quickdraw - Season 1
6.  Utopia - Season 1

Coming Soon:
1.  Money Heist - Season 5 - September 3, 2021
2.  Doom Patrol - Season 3 - September 23, 2021
3.  Locke & Key - Season 2 - October 2021.
4.  The Flash - Season 8 - November 16, 2021
5.  Hawkeye – November 24, 2021.
6.  The Witcher - Season 2 - December 17, 2021.
7.  Succession - Season 3 - Fall 2021.  No release date yet.
8.  Ms. Marvel – Late 2021.  No release date yet.. .  
9.  Lost in Space - Season 3 (Final Season) - End of year 2021: No official release date yet.
10.  Ozark - Season 4 (Final Season) - Tentatively 2021 or early 2022.  No release date yet..  
11.  Picard - Season 2 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet..  
12.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet.
13.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Tentatively Q1 2022.  No release date yet.
14.  Westworld - Season 4 - Tentatively May 2022.  No official release date yet.
15.  Letterkenny - Season 10 - Tentatively July 2022.
16.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.
17.  Goliath - Season 4 (Final Season) - No release date yet.
18.  Invincible - Season 2 - No release date yet.
19.  The Boys - Season 3 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet.
20.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
21.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet but tentatively Mid 2022.
22.  WandaVision - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet.
23.  Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet..

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:03:55 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »

M.O.D.O.K. - Season 1 - Might postpone this since I have so many other better shows coming up. (Money Heist & Doom Patrol both releasing in September)

Just take 15 minutes and watch the first episode. That is all you will need. Will not take a lot of time to make the decision to watch no more.
15 minutes to eliminate it from your list
 Grin
Heck, just watch the first 5 minutes and you may reach the same conclusion. It is bad.

*which knowing the way things go with my luck, this means you will love it
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2021, 02:24:52 PM »

Finished:
1.  M.O.D.O.K. - Season 1 - Well technically I didn’t finish this.  I watched the first episode and about 5 minutes of the second and decided I didn’t care to finish.  While not terrible it’s just not something I’m interested in.  It’s more parody than truly story driven.  A lot like Robot Chicken (which I like) but not as funny.

Currently Watching
1.  Walking Dead - Season 11 - Final season.  First two episodes were decent.  We’re falling back into the usual “split everyone up and tell different stories” trope but the interactions between Maggie and Negan are fun to watch.
2.  What If? - Season 1 - I’ll definitely be starting this this week as I’m finally caught up on Titans.
3.  Titans - Season 3 - I’m caught up through episode 7.  I’m liking this season overall.  It has its normal issues with writing characters but I always enjoyed Vincent Kartheiser in Mad Men and he’s fun to watch here as Scarecrow.
4.  Y the Last Man - starts this weekend and I’m jumping in as soon as it’s here!
5.  Money Heist - Season 5 - Dropped on Netflix last week.  It’ll be the one I finish first because a) I love this show and b) all the episodes dropped at once!

Haven't Started:
1.  Quickdraw - Season 1
6.  Utopia - Season 1

Coming Soon:
1.  Doom Patrol - Season 3 - September 23, 2021
2. Locke & Key - Season 2 - October 2021.
3.  The Flash - Season 8 - November 16, 2021
4.  Hawkeye – November 24, 2021.
5.  The Witcher - Season 2 - December 17, 2021.
6.  Succession - Season 3 - Fall 2021.  No release date yet.
7.  Ms. Marvel – Late 2021.  No release date yet.. .  
8.  Lost in Space - Season 3 (Final Season) - End of year 2021: No official release date yet.
9.  Ozark - Season 4 (Final Season) - Tentatively 2021 or early 2022.  No release date yet..  
10.  Picard - Season 2 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet..  
11.  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 - Tentatively early 2022.  No release date yet.
12.  Better Call Saul - Season 6 - Tentatively Q1 2022.  No release date yet.
13.  Westworld - Season 4 - Tentatively May 2022.  No official release date yet.
14.  Letterkenny - Season 10 - Tentatively July 2022.
15.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.
16.  Goliath - Season 4 (Final Season) - No release date yet.
17.  Invincible - Season 2 - No release date yet.
18.  The Boys - Season 3 - Sometime in 2022.  No release date yet.
19.  Loki - Season 2 - Tentatively January 2023
20.  Sweet Tooth - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet but tentatively Mid 2022.
21.  WandaVision - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet.
22.  Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Season 2 - Not officially renewed yet..

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2021, 05:33:39 PM »

I've read that it's been said that there will be no WandaVision Sn 2, as it's directly moving into Strange 2.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2021, 06:14:56 PM »

I've read that it's been said that there will be no WandaVision Sn 2, as it's directly moving into Strange 2.

Yep! Lots of Dr. Strange stuff coming soon!! WOO-HOO

And Jeff .. come on man, stop being so nice. Modok was TRASH!!!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2021, 09:23:36 PM »

And Jeff .. come on man, stop being so nice. Modok was TRASH!!!!
 Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well, you never know - SOMEONE might like it!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS