HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:37:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Binge List  (Read 37527 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 23, 2019, 10:00:53 PM »

Man, I am so far behind on my Super-Hero / Sci-Fi / Everything Else Binge watching.  Much like my comic reading list, my backlog is outrageous.

Here's what I'm behind on and hoping to get to.  How about you?

Currently Watching/Started:
1.  Jessica Jones - Season 3 - I'm actually watching this now.  About one episode a day - I'm on Episode 8 of 13.
2.  Titans - Season 1 - Started this a long time ago and just haven't got back to it yet.  I'm on Episode 6 of 11
3.  Flash - Season 4 - Watching very slowly with the kiddo.  We're on Episode 14 of 22
4.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 4 - The Ghost Rider season - I need to start over as I've forgotten it.
5.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1 - I don't think I finished this first season so I'll likely have to start over.
6.  Supergirl - Season 2 - Another one I'll need to restart.
7.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 1 - I'm on Episode 4 of 15.

Haven't Started:
1.  Krypton - Season 1 & 2
2.  Doom Patrol - Season 1
3.  Stranger Things - Season 3 - Just dropped on Neflix
4.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 5 & 6
5.  Arrow - Season 5, 6, & 7
6.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 2, 3, & 4
7.  Supergirl - Season 3, 4, & 5
8.  Black Lightning - Season 1 & 2
9.  Cloak & Dagger - Season 1 & 2
10.  LEGION - Season 1, 2, & 3
11.  Money Heisst - Season 3 - just dropped on Netflix - loved S1 & S2
12.  Swamp Thing - Season 1 - although I could likely skip this after Perry's review.
13.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 2
14.  The Orville - Season 1 & 2 - I keep meaning to start this!

Coming Soon (or Later)
1.  Lost in Space - Season 2 - Coming at the end of 2019!!
2.  Star Trek Picard - Season 1 - Coming in 2020!!
3.  Westworld - Season 3 - Coming in 2020!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 03:30:40 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:09:05 PM »

Man, yeah, this is going to be hard off the top of my head ... going to have to use Jeff's as a starting point, and then look to see what is coming up
 Grin

Currently Watching :
Too Old to Die Young - An Amazon Prime 10 episode crime/gangster noir series directed by the guy that directed Drive and a few more movies. It is INCREDIBLY SLOW (the camera can pan left to right for what seems like minutes at a time or people sit, not moving and say nothing for 2 or 3 minutes ... very often) but I can't stop watching ... or waiting. I am only finished with episode #2, each episode is about 85 minutes or so  Roll Eyes but there is only about 30 minutes of stuff happening in each episode .. I KID YOU NOT. So why is it here on this list? It is co-written by our beloved Ed Brubaker. I have to watch it. I just wish they had a different director. It is waaaaay tooooo slow, trying too hard to be atmospheric.

Need to watch or Finish :
Doom Patrol - Only watched the first three episodes ... pretty good stuff for sure
Legion - Season 3 ... I have what they have aired on my DVR, just need to watch them!
Jessica Jones - Season 3 ... Just haven't been in the mood
Daredevil - Season 3 ... same reason
Punisher - Season 2 ... yep, as above
Preacher - Season 2 & 3, I think? I thought I saw S2, but I have two seasons on my DVR so I guess I didn't? S4 starts 8/4

Up to Date on and/or waiting for :
The Boys S1 - Hitting Amazon Prime the 26th
Pennyworth S1 - Good ole Alfred has a series hitting Epix on the 28th!!!
Watchmen S1 - HBO has been showing clips of this forever! Looks a lot different than the comic, but in a good way
The Witcher S1 - Netflix ... Soon?
His Dark Materials - BBC/HBO 2019 - THIS looks good!
Castle Rock S2 - Hulu - Where is this show, damn-it?
Titans S2 - The show is really meh ... sorry to hear about the stuntman dying of course  Undecided
Star Trek: Discovery S3 - The first season was rough, but man did they make up for it with S2. So good!!!
Stranger Things S4 - S3 was better than S2 ... catch up Jeff  Grin
The Orville S3 - Slowly becoming what Macfarlane wanted, Star Trek. Dropping some of the funny as well. Good
Lost in Space S2
Star Trek Picard S1
Westworld S3

"Coming down the line in the future with no release date so probably next year or even three years from now if they get made at all" shows
 Grin

Sandman S1 - Netflix - next year sometime
Y (the Last Man) - FX - not a fan of network tv, so luckily a cable station I like, FX. Really excited for this one!
Lord of the Rings - Amazon - 2021? "Amazon is committed to do a five season series"
Wheel of Time - Amazon ... again? That is what they are saying. But with Sony on this one so probably outsourced.
Game of Thrones- HBO ... three prequels/sequels are in the works
Dark Tower - Amazon ... jeez, Amazon is pushing the right stuff. Hope all this happens!
Ghost Rider - Hulu ... Yeah, I like the character.
Helstrom - Hulu ... You tell me as a kid that Son of Satan would have a show, I'd have laughed in your face.
Cursed - Netflix - 2020 ... King Arthur. Yeppers, I like that stuff
Conan - Amazon (again) ... This one currently being pushed less due to the other Amazon fantasy stuff  Embarrassed 2025?

Also excited about the new shows Disney will have (The Mandalorian, Wanda and Vision, Falcon and Winter Soldier. Loki, Hawkeye and What if ... !!!!!) as well as the Hulu animated stuff featuring Howard the Duck, Hit Monkey, Tigra, Modoc and Dazzler.

Some good stuff coming folks!!

And even though I am not interested, I just can't believe the are doing this, but for those that love the show, they are also creating yet another Walking Dead series. Yep, three Walking Dead tv shows will soon be on the air

Also, if you are a fan of Terry Pratchett and/or Neil Gaiman, their collaboration GOOD OMENS is on Amazon as well right now. Its about a demon and an angel working together to stop Armageddon. It was ... okay. Not bad, at all, but wanted a tad ... I don't know. It was fine
 Grin

EDIT - Crap, I forgot about Man in High Castle!!! I nee to rewatch S1 and then hit S2 !!!

EDIT 2 - to drop in some trailers!  Grin

The Boys - HERE
Castle Rock (S1) - HERE
Pennyworth - HERE
Star Trek: Picard - HERE
Watchmen - HERE
Westworld S3 - HERE
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:29:33 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »

The Boys S1 - Hitting Amazon Prime the 26th
Pennyworth S1 - Good ole Alfred has a series hitting Epix on the 28th!!!
Watchmen S1 - HBO has been showing clips of this forever! Looks a lot different than the comic, but in a good way

Castle Rock S2 - Hulu - Where is this show, damn-it?

Dangit.  I forgot these are on my list too.  With Castle Rock I haven’t seen season 1 yet.

There’s also Ozark and Man in the High Castle I haven’t started yet!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 01:43:08 PM »

I did finish Jessica Jones last night, so there’s one down!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »

I did finish Jessica Jones last night, so there’s one down!

Yeah, I do need to get to that before Disney pulls it
 Undecided

With Castle Rock I haven’t seen season 1 yet.

Great season that I had hoped the plot would be continued in season two, but it looks like it was a one and done arc. Although I still enjoyed it and loved tying in King's other stuff with this (you do NOT need to know anything about any King stories to enjoy this, just a little nods here in there that if you get it, you get the nod, but if you don't, it doesn't change or affect the story)

There’s also Ozark
..and Man in the High Castle I haven’t started yet!
[/quote]

That is a slow one, so you have to be in the mood, but it is really good!!!

And I only have 4 more episodes of The Boys to go. It is a tad different than the book, just a tad, but a lot of the rated triple "R" stuff is there. Almost. I was glad they
cut down on some of the stuff that happened to Starlight at the beginning of her involvement with the Seven. It was not needed and it now seems much more believable.
. There are lots of other changes, but they work. It is good.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 01:20:13 AM »

Things I've missed/miss watching

Arrow S7
Flash S5
Legends of Tomorrow S2
Supergirl S3 (eh, why not?)
Daredevil S3
Luke Cage S2
Iron Fist S2
Jessica Jones S2,S3
Punisher S1,S2

Stranger Things, entire series
I would like to watch all of Black Lightning
I want to see if Cloak & Dagger is anything worth seeing.
Can I get into Legion S2 & 3?
Is Runaways any good?
I don't know if or how I'll watch any of the DC series shows
Letterkenney! Because Hulu's commercials make it look really funny!
Detour S3, because I'm into now
Black-ish-midway through S3 and will continue!
Start Orville S2. It's in my list

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 02:55:24 AM »

Updating my List.  I've managed to burn through quite a few this month!!

Finished:
1.  Jessica Jones - Season 3 - Excellent 3rd season.  Shame we won't get a 4th.
2.  The Boys - Season 1 - Awesome!  Can't wait for season 2.
3.  Money Heist - Season 3 - Great season - can't believe that cliff hanger!

1.  Stranger Things - Season 3 - I'm on episode 7 of 8.  Will finish this up tonight or tomorrow.
2.  Titans - Season 1 - Started this a long time ago and just haven't got back to it yet.  I'm on Episode 6 of 11
3.  Flash - Season 5 - Watching very slowly with the kiddo.  We're on Episode 17 of 22
4.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 4 - The Ghost Rider season - I need to start over as I've forgotten it.
5.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1 - I don't think I finished this first season so I'll likely have to start over.
6.  Supergirl - Season 2 - Another one I'll need to restart.
7.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 1 - I'm on Episode 4 of 15.

Haven't Started:
3.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 5 & 6
4.  Arrow - Season 5, 6, & 7
5.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 2, 3, & 4
6.  Supergirl - Season 3, 4, & 5
7.  Black Lightning - Season 1 & 2
8.  Cloak & Dagger - Season 1 & 2
9.  LEGION - Season 1, 2, & 3
10.  Swamp Thing - Season 1 - although I could likely skip this after Perry's review.
11.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 2
12.  The Orville - Season 1 & 2 - I keep meaning to start this!
13.  Pennyworth - Season 1 - Almost started this but when the wife realized it was a comic book show she nixed it.  Have to watch it on my own.  :-)
14.  Castle Rock - Season 1 & 2

Coming Soon (or Later)
4.  Watchmen - Season 1 - Coming in October 2019!
5.  Umbrellas Academy - Season 3 - Not release date yet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »

Tried Pennyworth finally and it is okay, not bad, really, but not grand enough to pull my time when I have so many more I need to get through.

I say that but I added a few more non-comic related series and that is what hurt.
I know here is not the place but I added Mindhunters (Netflix) as I keep hearing great stuff and the one I wish everyone would check out, if they have EPIX, is Perpetual Grace Limited. It stars Ben Kingsley in his most Ben Kingsley role ever and Jimmy Simpson ... Simmson? ... The dude that played ... and DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SPOILER UNTIL YOU SEE WESTWORLD .... he played
the younger version of Ed Harris
on Westworld and on House of Cards he played the guy that the CIA? had info on so he had to work for them, if you remember that one. He also played in more stuff, of course, but I can't think of any.
Anyway, Perpetual Grace is my most favorite show of the year. Maybe my best show of the past two or three. It is a dark comedy about ... a ... hell there is so much going on here I can't explain it. Here is the trailer and it does LITTLE to show all the crazy twists and turns and humor and ... oh this is so good!

Do yourself a favor, if you have EPIX ... Watch this series. You can get episode one right now!!! Go do it and thank me later.
Sooooooo good!!!!

Now ... if you don't have EPIX, here is another trailer that will show a lot more of what is happening. I don't like it, and I'm glad I didn't see it before I saw the show because it shows some very cool shocking/surprising moments that work so well and are much more enjoyable when they come naturally while you are watching, so ...
Please do NOT watch this next trailer if you have or are planning to, at some point, at sometime get EPIX or they have a free week-end offer coming up. Watch the show, not this trailer below. However, if you don't have EPIX and are not planning on getting it, maybe this will show you a little bit about why I love this show.
Again, don't watch if you have EPIX ... watch the show instead!!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 01:56:01 PM »

First trailer intrigued me enough.  I’ll check this show out.  I did not watch the second one based on your suggestion.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »

First trailer intrigued me enough.  I’ll check this show out.  I did not watch the second one based on your suggestion.

NICE! Yeah that second trailer just throws out waaaaay too much information. Stuff that is better seen as you go, to get that full and grand "OH MAN!!!" impact
 Cheesy
Please let me know what you think after/if you get through the first episode!! I say IF because, hey, I love it, deeply, but ya know, somethings are just not for some people and that's fine. It has that "crime noir" feel to it like it could be a Criminal book so I don't think you will be disappointed, but you may not like it. Heck, I can almost assure that you will not like it as much as I do, but ya never know.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »

Oh, and Jeff, I am re-watching the first episode now and I just want to state that there are a good amount of F-bombs. I didn't noticed them too badly at first, but not only is it in there occasionally as something one or two characters may say at times, there is also a chant that Ben Kingsley's character has that has it in there, so when he chants there is like 6 F-bombs in a matter of seconds.

It is not, say, like the Saprano's where the word is used every ten seconds or anything like that, but it is in there, so yeah, be careful as I know you will be, to watch this alone.

I know you can handle it, but the Mrs I am not sure about and certainly Hannah has no reason to hear it at all at her age, even though she hears it a lot outside of the home because society has gone to utter garbage and that word and those like it are far too common place now
 Undecided Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:37 PM »

I watched the first episode of Perpetual Grace, LTD on the Epix website since it was free.  Loved it.  Had to see episode 2!  So I started a 7 day free trial for Epix on my Apple TV.  If I can binge it fast I can cancel and have seen it for free.  Of course, I'm going to want to keep it so I can see Pennyworth.  That's how they get ya!

But as for the show - yeah, this is right up my alley.  Kingsley is great as Pa.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Updating my List.  I added 2. One I forgot to put on my original list and one Perry sold me on.

Finished:
1.  Perpetual Grace - Season 1 - Awesome show.  Can’t wait for season 2!
2.  Stranger Things - Season 3 - Good show. Kids might be getting too old for another season.
3.  Flash - Season 5 - Fun ending and a little unexpected.
4.  Goliath - Season 3 - Wow! What a great ending!  I hope this gets a Season 4!

1.  Titans - Season 1 - Started this a long time ago and just haven't got back to it yet.  I'm on Episode 6 of 11
2.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 4 - The Ghost Rider season - I need to start over as I've forgotten it.
3.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1 - I don't think I finished this first season so I'll likely have to start over.
4.  Supergirl - Season 2 - Another one I'll need to restart.
5.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 1 - I'm on Episode 4 of 15.

Haven't Started:
10.  Swamp Thing - Season 1 - although I could likely skip this after Perry's review.
13.  Pennyworth - Season 1 - Almost started this but when the wife realized it was a comic book show she nixed it.  Have to watch it on my own.  :-)

Coming Soon (or Later)
4.  Watchmen - Season 1 - Coming in October 2019!
5.  Umbrellas Academy - Season 3 - No release date yet.
6.  Perpetual Grace - Season 2 - No release date yet.
7.  Money Hiest - Season 4 - No release date yet.
8.  Goliath - Season 4 - No release date yet. No renewal announcement yet but coming this month.
9.  The Boys - Season 2 - No release date yet.
10.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:18 AM »

Finished:
1.  Titans - Season 1 - This got a lot better at the Jason Todd episode.  I wound up liking it.  Well, except for all the "F" bombs. Still sooooooooooo unnecessary and sooooooo forced.  Plus....
We get Trigon!  I never would have thought we'd get him on a TV show.  He looks like a human in this season but in the first episode of season 2, we get comic book Trigon.

1.  Titans - Season 2 - went ahead and started this season since season 1 ended with a cliffhanger.
2.  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Season 4 - The Ghost Rider season - I need to start over as I've forgotten it.
3.  Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1 - I don't think I finished this first season so I'll likely have to start over.
4.  Supergirl - Season 2 - Another one I'll need to restart.
5.  Star Trek Discovery - Season 1 - I'm on Episode 4 of 15.

Haven't Started:
15.  Watchmen - Season 1 - This will quickly move up to the "watching now" list.

Coming Soon (or Later)

5.  Umbrellas Academy - Season 3 - No release date yet.
6.  Perpetual Grace - Season 2 - No release date yet.
7.  Money Hiest - Season 4 - No release date yet.
8.  Goliath - Season 4 - No release date yet. No renewal announcement yet but coming this month.
9.  The Boys - Season 2 - No release date yet.
10.  Stranger Things - Season 4 - No release date yet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »

Couple things I found ... for me anyway ...

The Agents of Shield show got much better during/after the Ghost Rider stuff, but I found I was just too damn burnt out on the show to care anymore. I hope I get the desire to catch up at some point
 Undecided

Star Trek Discovery, while good, got much better once I got used to the Klingons  Cheesy and season two absolutely blows the first season away!!!!! Loved it!!!

Still have yet to finish Doom Patrol but it is certainly a different show than Titans. More adult, to say the least, but it fits better there, for me. And Swamp Thing ... damn it, hate to say it, but I think I may go back to that one. Maybe  Grin

The Orville got on the air because MacFarlane told them it would be a comedy, and it is, but it has slowly turned into what MacFarlane wanted all along a Star Trek show. Sure there is still humor present, but it is now used very sparingly compared to the first 3 episodes. Each episode after three you could see it becoming secondary. It is still ... a little cheezy, but I enjoy it. Certainly more than how it started.

And I think Castle Rock season 2 has started or is about to. Means I have to get Hulu again
 Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS