HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:47:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: House of X - Powers of X  (Read 13047 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »

House of X #2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »

Loved it.
Not much a story advancement as much as it was a history/change of one of the great characters!

Still was great however!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »

And hey, been thinking about what happens in issue #2 with Moira ...

How does that work? I mean,
she is reincarnated that many times but is she also connected to the main timeline? I see how say Hawkman does it, he comes back but time has past, but with Moira, she comes back at the start every time and brings the entire universe with her? She meets Charles at the same time, most times. I mean his age is never that much different, so is that another power to her reincarnation? That not only does SHE come back, she takes the universe back with her each time?
Huh

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 03:19:51 PM »

Or...

Maybe she’s reincarnated in an alternate time line.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »

Or...

Yeah, that could certainly be it

I did like that Hickman put a .. time limit on it however. Hahaha

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 02:43:40 AM »

Or...

Yeah, that could certainly be it

I did like that Hickman put a .. time limit on it however. Hahaha

LOLOL   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 07:38:42 PM »

Powers of X 2 & 3

It's all starting to come together.  Man, I really love this stuff.  And even though my theory was technically wrong, at least....
I was on the right track with Moria being important.  I just love what they are doing with her in this story.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »

Loved the way this issue tied into the first.

And yes, Moira is important.
Tying in and also wiping out all of the X-Men convoluted history and making more precise!!!
That is the cool part about it!!! It has certainly been apparent for a few that my thoughts on Xavier were off base, and that is a good thing. Lets the X be the X!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 03:20:39 PM »

Why did you guys stop talking? I just reached this point!!! ARGH! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 08:01:55 PM »

Finished them! What an idea! What a great thing!

They always lose.

Ugh.

That hurts.

Also love from issue 1 of House of X, when Moira went black for 2 panels of a rebirth ..THAT was her 6th life; the one that ends up in the menagerie/collective before the Phalanx come to subsume post humans into their godhead (which was when she died, learning what she did, to go back and redo her next life).

I think I need to go back and reread this again. Maybe just issue 2 and to see the graph of moira's life. Or I'll google it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 01:32:54 AM »

I think we kept talking about it in the Weekly Reader threads and forgot to come back here.

Yes - this was great.  Re-reading is not a bad idea.  i should do that too especially since I'm current.  See what seeds I may have missed on the first read.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »

Not saying I don't like what Hickman is doing or has done with the X side of things, but I am worried about the death aspect.

Under Hickman death is even less impactful. Now true, "Death" in comics (or at least in the big two) has become nothing but a joke by now so I respect Hickman for at least making a use of it ... kinda saying "look if they die, here is at the very least a reason why they return" but at the same time I fear it lessens the "danger" of demise even more.

I also get that there is a risk of Xavier not being able to return someone to their new body (I won't say more than that until Jimmy catches up  Smiley) and I am sure there will be a story-line that touches on on that soon, so that, in its own way, adds to the "threat" level and that is good, but at the same time, yeah, not sure I like the way it is right now.

Hopefully in time we will move on from it, this "hatching" system and again I am not opposed to the use of it, just a twinge of unease is all.
 Smiley

I do know that this is going to be my true test with MU ... if I can go 6 months without reading the X books that I have been getting, I can make MU work better for me. I am shocked that I haven't missed them so far, so I think I have a shot! And that leads me to thinking that companies may have screwed up by not producing at least digital material while this comic dead-time has been happening. Of course DC has a very, very good idea of at least selling us reprints that we (those that didn't buy the Walmart comics) haven't read so we get the feeling of new comics, but how many people will walk away from paying $4 a comic when they realize they don't miss the comics as much as they thought they were going to?

And now Marvel, according to their recent shipping list for May, June and the first part of July that ... No. I have hijacked this thread enough already ... I will make a new post for this
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »

Under Hickman death is even less impactful. Now true, "Death" in comics (or at least in the big two) has become nothing but a joke by now so I respect Hickman for at least making a use of it ... kinda saying "look if they die, here is at the very least a reason why they return" but at the same time I fear it lessens the "danger" of demise even more.

I get what your saying and the fact that your uneasy, I think, helps to prove that it is good story telling.  At the very least it has created a myriad of thoughtful plots around the morality of it.  One of my favorite things is Nightcrawlers.....
...struggle with his religious beliefs and questions of what happens to your soul.  For me this is fascinating as I would struggle with the same question.

I also wonder, is it really the same person?  That goes along with my thoughts in the spoiler above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS