HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:35:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, July 17, 2019  (Read 7285 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »

With the announcement of all those new X titles, I was excited to read the preview of Hickman's starter set. And after reading it, I am excited for both, or I should say X-cited I suppose  Grin, Really pumped for when his 6 issues of each are done and we get his two main titles. Not sure how many of the other X books I will try and get to, at least one or two on top of Hickman's I am sure. So yeah, pumped for X again.
 Grin

House of X/Power of X (Power of Ten per Hickman) Preview - Yes, just a free preview issue, but man did it hit me strong. Not sure if it was the art, the idea that Hickman is back on a major Marvel property or because I have been so "meh" on the X-books for so many years (since Bishop basically) but regardless of the reason, I am happy to be happy about the X-Men again. I hope I am not setting myself up for a huge let down
 Undecided

Bone Parish #8
Bone Parish #9
- Going to be sad when I have to wait a month to read this title  Angry
Criminal #3 - The completion to the comic art arc. Good stuff
Livewire #6
Livewire #7
- Still a nice book. I see it ending soon and I wish it had more of the style that made her mini's so fun, but I enjoy it. Not a must read by any shot, but not a crap title either
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 12:32:11 AM »

ComiXology Backlog Plan - Group 23
23   Warlord of Mars   #13   12/14/2011
23   Warlord of Mars   #14   12/28/2011
23   Warlord of Mars Annual   #1   2/1/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #15   2/8/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #16   3/8/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #17   4/8/2012

23   Sheriff of Babylon (2015-2016)   Vol. 1: Bang. Bang. Bang.   7/19/2016

=================================

Warlord of Mars   #13-17 - Of course I picked 5 issues of a six part story!  And a great story it is as John returns to Mars and a lot has changed in his absence.  Issue 18 will be the first thing I read on Wednesday!

Warlord of Mars Annual   #1 - Nice Tars Tarkas background story.  I'm really loving this series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 12:39:01 AM »

With the announcement of all those new X titles, I was excited to read the preview of Hickman's starter set. And after reading it, I am excited for both, or I should say X-cited I suppose  Grin, Really pumped for when his 6 issues of each are done and we get his two main titles. Not sure how many of the other X books I will try and get to, at least one or two on top of Hickman's I am sure. So yeah, pumped for X again.
 Grin

House of X/Power of X (Power of Ten per Hickman) Preview - Yes, just a free preview issue, but man did it hit me strong. Not sure if it was the art, the idea that Hickman is back on a major Marvel property or because I have been so "meh" on the X-books for so many years (since Bishop basically) but regardless of the reason, I am happy to be happy about the X-Men again. I hope I am not setting myself up for a huge let down
 Undecided

I grabbed this for Wednesday.  Already pumped and I haven't even read it yet!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 02:49:06 AM »

ComiXology Backlog Plan - Group 23
23   Warlord of Mars   #13   12/14/2011
23   Warlord of Mars   #14   12/28/2011
23   Warlord of Mars Annual   #1   2/1/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #15   2/8/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #16   3/8/2012
23   Warlord of Mars   #17   4/8/2012

23   Sheriff of Babylon (2015-2016)   Vol. 1: Bang. Bang. Bang.   7/19/2016

=================================

Sheriff of Babylon (2015-2016)   Vol. 1: Bang. Bang. Bang.  - This is a little tough to read mainly because of the subject matter.  Very well written and a compelling story.  I recommend but be prepared for some realistic brutality.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »

Sheriff of Babylon (2015-2016)   Vol. 1: Bang. Bang. Bang.  - This is a little tough to read mainly because of the subject matter.  Very well written and a compelling story.  I recommend but be prepared for some realistic brutality.

I need/want to get back to this. Read the first issue, part of the second I believe, but was just not in the mood at the time for the subject matter. One of Kings most honest books from what I understand, as it is so closely tied to his old job (in a manner of speaking). Another of those "one of these days" reads
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »

I need/want to get back to this. Read the first issue, part of the second I believe, but was just not in the mood at the time for the subject matter. One of Kings most honest books from what I understand, as it is so closely tied to his old job (in a manner of speaking). Another of those "one of these days" reads
 Undecided

Definitely a collected read.  Month to month would probably not be much fun.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »

Not much to add to this past week as I just didn't read much more.

Savage Avengers #3 - No idea why I am reading this, but yeah, it is pure stupid fun. Nothing more to add
Silver Surfer: Black #2 - You are either going to love this series' art or your gonna hate it. It is very exaggerated in its style, very, but man am I digging this stuff. Looks incredible.
And Cates is working on one huge cosmic story here that I think will soon tie in Silver Surfer, Venom, Carnage(?), Knull (hope you are aware of him), the Guardians of the Galaxy and possibly even the newly teased "Annihilation was only the beginning" series and even more possibly  Grin the Void!!!!!
Holy heck, this is gonna be huge!!! Maybe.  Cheesy Regardless this is an incredible little mini (if you like the art) that may play a huge roll in Cosmic Marvel.

Vampirella #1 - Now this one I was kinda let down by. It isn't bad, an origin issue, kinda, by way of not being one, but I wasn't wowed by this either. Maybe the "this is written by Priest" thinking got into my head to strongly? I am still on board, I have to trust Priest and Vampirella is not an easy character to push so I have to give it more time ... and I am going to do so.

House of X/Power of X Preview

Bone Parish #8
Bone Parish #9

Criminal #3
Livewire #6
Livewire #7

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS