HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:22:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am elated! I am scared!  (Read 4902 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 11, 2019, 07:46:44 PM »

I feel like a Charon from Star Trek with THIS "news"

_ for those that are not up on their Star Trek Aliens ... THIS is an alien from the planet Charon
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »

I assume you mean you are divided, eh?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:15 PM »

I assume you mean you are divided, eh?

Yeah  Undecided

I just knew it would come to him being the one to bring them back, I just so wanted someone else. I don't like him on team books as it is (X-Men, Guardians, Avengers, et all), he does so much better on single hero stuff (DD, Jessica Jones, Spider-Man, etc...) and now he is (maybe) getting one of the hardest teams to handle? It just doesn't bode well.
THis is like Slott being on the FF. I am going to go in with high hopes, I just fear they will be so crushed after two or three issues that I just don't care anymore.

Hell, I was ripping through some more Legion today ... almost finished my third issue in a row, but now I just don't feel like getting back to it
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 11:02:45 PM »

Well if I had my guess he is coming in to "Disassemble" them down to smaller more manageable cast.  Which will piss a lot of people off.  But maybe it needs it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, expectations low, and hopes up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »

Oh I would love it if it only starts off with about ... 7 members or so. No-one, well, almost no-one, can tell a good story featuring 20 to 22 active members, it is just crazy. Unless they do the old Gold team Blue team type of thing like the X-Men of the 90's and even then it only works with 14 or so members ... at most.

Hopefully, yeah, under 7 members.

Five sounds good.

Maybe four ... (how low can I go?)
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 02:04:18 AM »

I'll chime in conversationally, as we ought to here, so I'm saying my broken record-

-not a fan.

And I'll peacefully leave with that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 03:18:15 AM »

No-one, well, almost no-one, can tell a good story featuring 20 to 22 active members, it is just crazy.

Hickman

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »

I'll chime in conversationally, as we ought to here, so I'm saying my broken record-

-not a fan.

And I'll peacefully leave with that.

Cheesy

No-one, well, almost no-one, can tell a good story featuring 20 to 22 active members, it is just crazy.

Hickman

Yeppers, I think he would be one. Smiley  He was certainly one I, and about 99% of the comic reading community, was hoping for

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 05:31:04 PM »

Welp. It's official.
Ryan Sook on the art and a two part mini to start it off called Millennium ... or something like that.

Well, here we go.
Crossing fingers and toes and looking forward to seeing it

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 07:37:14 PM »

By the way, wonderful cover design to echo the ring design.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS