HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:30:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 11 dead ... so far  (Read 2640 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 31, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »

So my city came under attack a couple hours ago. Just a sad reminder that we can't keep the guns out of the hands of those with mental issues and that is just plain scary.

And I swear, if this ends up being another case of a F'n assault rifle being used .... I don't know what I will do. I don't care how much a proponent of the 2nd damn amendment you are, there is NO DAMN REASON for a damn civilian to have a freaking assault rifle. NONE!!! If you can't shoot a deer or protect your family with a damn regular 30 0 6 rifle or a damn pistol, you shouldn't have a gun anyway.

This isn't about slamming guns (although I do love what Australia did) this is about stupid ass laws for "protecting your rights to own any damn ting you want"
 Roll Eyes

Why is it I have to take a test, both visual and behind the wheel, to drive a car, but thee is NO F'n TEST TO OWN A GUN???

So far, 11 people dead with 6 others injured here. One injury is a cop that was shot in the chest, but luckily was wearing his flak jacket. Not sure if the 6 total injured count him as well or if just 6 civilians. Oh, and 1 ass-hole shooter dead as well, so ...

EDIT -
Well just heard that the shooter had two guns. One was a semiautomatic pistol, which he obtained legally (always good) no issues with me there and "a rifle".
I am hoping  .... please take that the way I mean this next thing ... of course I would first hope that this didn't happen in the first place, but ... I am hoping that the rifle is also one that is not only legal, but not of the "assault" variety. At least then my anger would only go towards the fact that this tragedy happened, and not with the added "why are these guns allowed to be in the hands of regular people?" question rant I normally have to do after these events!
 Undecided
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:25:58 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:18:03 AM »

Awoke to the news that the toll is now 12.

Crazy to think about. This was "a disgruntle employee". How many of them do you know? I knew a lot during my time.

Man, one of the best things I ever did was take my wife to the gun range to get her use to the feeling (weight and the impact) of firing a gun. May have to take her back and get her some rifle training in as well. Just in case. I keep running the same scenario in my head of her laying next to a body with a gun in the holster or she just sees a gun on the floor and not knowing what to do or not being comfortable enough to pick it up so she could better protect herself. What hits me is that is not a statement I make during the Wild West era of the U.S., it is now.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »

I'm....just numb to it. I'm terrified of the day of 'well, that won't happen around here' actually turns into 'why did that happen around here!?!'

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

So the number is 3.

This jack-asses father also works at the Post Office and that is how many people my wife had to work through to make a connection to reach this guys Father. Like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon I mean. She knows a woman that worked with a manager that used to work with this guys father.

Just saying how easy it is to get to where it could be very personal.

Glad there was no Assault Rifle this time. Still sad there was an extended clip used on his 45 and a silencer, but at least no military weapon. A case of nothing could be done on this one it seems. That is even scarier than the other kind if you ask me.
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS