HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:08:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BLACK HAMMER HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE NEXT MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE  (Read 2408 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 02, 2019, 01:56:38 AM »

What are your thoughts on this article?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/26/black-hammer-has-the-potential-to-be-the-next-marvel-cinematic-universe

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 10:08:13 AM »

Below you find the thoughts of the average, inter-net Joe. No me, but a combination of me and this other dude
 Grin

Well, not the best article for one.  Undecided

When you say stuff that even Perry would say, you need to reevaluate your thoughts. Like the classic -

"Black Hammer is not a super-hero comic book, but rather a comic book about super-heroes"

Roll Eyes

while first going hyperbolic with what the issue of Cthu-Louise by describing it with such an adjective as gut-wrenching"? Did anyone here come close to thinking that one-shot was anywhere close to being a "gut-wrenching tale"? I think not.
 Roll Eyes

but as for the premise itself, can Black Hammer be the next MCU ... no

Look, you know I love the series but I think with this article we have one fan paying personal tribute to a series he obviously loves. And that is fine. But the fact that Black Hammer pays so much obvious ... tribute to all those that came before pretty much kills it as a massive theatrical hit.

Will the movie or show (hopefully show) be well done? I sure hope so, but the first time, to use a character he mentions, Golden Gail tries to utter her version of SHAZAM!, people are going to do two things-
Consider it a funny homage to Shazam
Consider it a rip-off of Shazam
And that, along with the other very close approximations to other characters makes this little more than a "fun" little project to the outside world and not the massive beast that is the MCU

*drops mic*

Cheesy Cheesy

Okay, all joking aside, how cool would that be if BH became the juggernaut that the MCU became? I just ... yeah, that is never happening.
But one thing the writer is correct about, done right, this series (please let it be a series) can be something very special. Just like the comic!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS