HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:57:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savage Avengers  (Read 5281 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 16, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »

Yeah, I  Roll Eyes when I heard about THIS and in-fact I am still  Shocked ... I mean are we going back to the 90's again? First with the variant cover ridiculousness and now this?

First of all only one person on that team could ever be considered an Avengers, and it damn sure aint Wolverine, no matter what Bendis and Marvel say. Just like when Cap gave Deadpool a membership  Roll Eyes, Venom, Punisher, Electra and the aforementioned Wolverine being an Avenger just bugs me. Throw in Conan and I am really throwing my eyes down the hallway.

That said, I will still read this. Duggan and Deodato are a good team (the last Countdown arc notwithstanding) and yeah, I am kinda interested to see if I can read this and get a WHAT IF feeling out of it or if it will be soo out there that I can't take it.

We will see I guess. 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »

Maybe this is what you felt in the 90s, Perry, but for me, stuff with Marvel, not all Marvel!, makes me feel like comics have passed me by, and that they simply aren't for me anymore.

It's not even all thematic elements either, sometimes I just look at what they do and think they are one dammed stupid entertainment business.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 02:15:29 PM »

I hear ya. And I totally agree with you.

But then, at the same time (and please don't think I am defending this title  Undecided) caped hero comics are, at the best of times, F'N stupid stuff. So a title like this that just blows my mind with its stupidity, shouldn't be something I/we are shocked by or loathed to, it is just a further extreme on a pretty damn extreme silly idea.

Again, I agree with you. I do, but talking to Dave at the LCS and he brought up that point and, well, I can see that side as well. If you are going to make wildly fascination stuff based on pretty ludicrous ideas, why not see how far you can go. It's like that stupid Hulk'Verine thing.
 Cheesy

What the hell?

I saw on Bleeding Coll that DC was thought to be dropping their title output to a mere 22 titles. Dan Didio says that is bullshit, but could you image if DC, or Marvel, or even better both, did that? I think it would be awesome! Then, hopefully, you would have maybe only one or two titles that try to go this crazy ass extreme route.
 Cheesy

Yes it's 2019! That has a nine in it! Lets bring back the 90's and be as extreme as we can be!!!
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »

Yeah, I  Roll Eyes when I heard about THIS First of all only one person on that team could ever be considered an Avengers, and it damn sure aint Wolverine, no matter what Bendis and Marvel say. Just like when Cap gave Deadpool a membership  Roll Eyes, Venom, Punisher, Electra and the aforementioned Wolverine being an Avenger just bugs me. Throw in Conan and I am really throwing my eyes down the hallway.

Cap offered DP a membership? Damn I’m out of it.

This Savage team sounds more like that Thunderbolts team they tried a few years back.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

Maybe this is what you felt in the 90s, Perry, but for me, stuff with Marvel, not all Marvel!, makes me feel like comics have passed me by, and that they simply aren't for me anymore.

Same.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 12:59:44 PM »

a new roster and new #1 debuts on May 4th

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »

What...in the HELL...is that team composition?!  Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 08:49:07 PM »

I like this variant cover better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS