HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:24:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 6, 2019  (Read 4563 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 06, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »

Big week for me.

Marvel Unlimited
Thor 3
Old Man Hawkeye 7
Jessica Jones 1
Immortal Hulk 3
Immortal Hulk 4
Cloak & Dagger 1
Avengers 5
Venom 4
Sentry 2
Marvel 2 in One 8
Death of Inhumans 2
Ant Man & the Wasp 4

DC Universe
JLA:  Another Nail 1
JLA:  Another Nail 2
JLA:  Another Nail 3 - Legion of Super-Heroes appearance

ComiXology
Grant Morrison's 18 Days TPB
Batman 64
Birthright 35
Deathstroke 40
Die 2
Green Lantern 4
Low 20
Oblivion Song 11
Prodigy 2
Redneck 18
Walking Dead 187

Re-Reading:
Criminal Vol 4: Bad Night
Umbrella Academy TPB Vol 2: Dallas

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:47:54 AM »

Finally got started on this week's list...

Marvel Unlimited
Thor 3
Old Man Hawkeye 7

Jessica Jones 1
Immortal Hulk 3
Immortal Hulk 4
Cloak & Dagger 1
Avengers 5
Venom 4
Sentry 2
Marvel 2 in One 8
Death of Inhumans 2
Ant Man & the Wasp 4

DC Universe

ComiXology
Batman 64
Birthright 35

Deathstroke 40
Die 2
Green Lantern 4
Low 20
Oblivion Song 11
Prodigy 2
Redneck 18
Walking Dead 187

Re-Reading:

Thor 3 - Thori really makes this book.

Old Man Hawkeye 7 - Best of the four so far.  Finally get the details for Hawkeye's vendetta.

Batman 64 - Interesting start for the crossover.

Birthright 35 - I've enjoyed this series but I'm ready for it to end.  I think we are close.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »

Awww man ....  Cry

Batman 64 - Interesting start for the crossover.

I can see that, but I am just not a fan of Williamson's hero stuff. It isn't horrible by any means, but I just don't get the enjoyment out of it that some/most readers do
 Undecided

crap ... gotta go ... I will be back later with my list

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »

Awww man ....  Cry

Uh oh.  That can’t be good.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »

Awww man ....  Cry

Uh oh.  That can’t be good.

No, no, nothing like that. Just made me a little sad'ish thinking about what happened with you recently is all.
(but yes, Thori is great!)

Okay, took a little longer getting back to the computer than I had originally thought it would, but here goes ...

Conan #3 - A great little one shot. Aaron doing the Barbarian proud!!
Gunhawks #1 - an okay western one-shot. Wouldn't mind seeing this as a series actually.

Batman #64 - Meh, it's okay. I guess. Probably not good enough for me to pick-up the Flash tie-in issues  Undecided
Action Comic #1006
Action Comic #1007
- Best Bendis book out there. Really enjoy this title. Jimmy Olsen is great!! Good story!!!
Superman #7 - Jimmy I owe you an apology.
For one, after reading this issue,
I don't think Bendis does have a plan to return Jon to his youthful vigor and that sucks. It also means he may be pretty much responsible for killing the Super-Sons book because of this. Why else would a book that was loved and selling pretty decent need to end and then come back as a mini that has a strange way of being non-time specific?
For two, this issue SUCKED!!!! The writing is horrible and I mean 100% awful. I just can't picture how a book that I actually kinda liked has become such garbage. And to add to that confusion make sure you note what I said above about his Action Comics title. Yes, that title is killing it right now, but this, this is bad. I had to stop reading about page 12 or so. I had to put it down. Could not even finish it.
An actual thing Jon says -
"I'm okay, Pa, I am. I wasn't sure I was gonna make it back, Pa. I really wasn't sure"
Ugh
and then you turn the page to find Lois sitting at her desk at home, in a bath robe, she turns to see Clark ... Superman ... just floating behind her so she starts to pull her bath robe open while saying "Oh good afternoon, Mr. Kent, is it ...?"
and then Jon pokes his head around his dad ... to see? I don't know? Supes covers his eyes, its all one panel, Jon showing up over Supes shoulder and Supes covering his eyes, so I am not sure how creepy it was suppose to be, but it was still kinda freakin' creepy.
The rest is just as bad. It is just ... it's bad damn it. It's bad!!!
I'm done with this title. But I still find it crazy how much I don't enjoy this but love Action Comics. They are so different it's crazy. Even as crazy as trying to peak at your moms breasts, I guess.
Roll Eyes
So yeah, buddy. I'm sorry. My bad. You're right. At least with Superman proper.

EDIT - Oh yeah, I have to also say about Action ... on issue #1007 ... Steve Epting has never done better work. It looks amazing!!!! He hasn't looked this good to my eyes since his Crux run. 'Be-A-You-Tea-Full' Stuff
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:39:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 01:50:17 AM »

No, no, nothing like that. Just made me a little sad'ish thinking about what happened with you recently is all.
(but yes, Thori is great!)

OH!  Ok, I gotcha.  Whew.  I thought something was going to happen to Thori.   Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:05 AM »

Damn, I am not going to get through a lot this week  Undecided ...

Red Sonja #1 - One of three Dynamite books I have to read this week/month. I KNOW!!! This one with perfection by Mark Russel. He brings the Red Head into a great little story. Well, he will next issue. This was a worthy #1 setting up the arc though. I hope Peter Cannon and ... whatever the other one is ... will be just as good.

Conan #3
Gunhawks #1

Batman #64
Action Comic #1006
Action Comic #1007

Superman #7
Female Furies #1 - yet another (in a long line, recently) of comics that have pretty much been shoved into my hands as soon as I walk in the door of the LCS. I even sent Jeff a pic of this hoping he would talk me out of it, but he failed me, so I had to check it out.
 Cheesy
Thankfully this is only a mini because I am hooked and hooked hard. Who would have ever thought that I wanted, no, needed, a historic story featuring a younger Granny Goodness? Man, this chick put up with a lot. Like guys calling her a "chick" and shit
 Cheesy
I think this is wort of a pick-up, if you like the Kirby Fourth World stuff, especially, and heck, honestly, maybe even if you don't ... but only on a week you have extra money? I don't want to steer ya down a path you may regret. Though I can't see why you would regret this. But cover your ass just in-case
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:28:09 AM »

I accept. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 11:54:43 AM »

I accept. Grin

Cheesy
Just for THAT title, mind. Just for that title
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »

Been swamped this week so only got through a few.  And no time to post about them either!   Angry

Marvel Unlimited
Thor 3
Old Man Hawkeye 7
Jessica Jones 1
Immortal Hulk 3
Immortal Hulk 4
Cloak & Dagger 1
Avengers 5
Venom 4
Sentry 2

Marvel 2 in One 8
Death of Inhumans 2
Ant Man & the Wasp 4

DC Universe

ComiXology
Batman 64
Birthright 35

Deathstroke 40
Die 2
Green Lantern 4
Low 20
Oblivion Song 11
Prodigy 2
Redneck 18
Walking Dead 187

Re-Reading:

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 03:22:41 AM »

Got some free time tonight and banged out a few more.  I really like this new comic Die.  Pretty engaging.

Marvel Unlimited
Thor 3
Old Man Hawkeye 7
Jessica Jones 1
Immortal Hulk 3
Immortal Hulk 4
Cloak & Dagger 1
Avengers 5
Venom 4
Sentry 2
Marvel 2 in One 8
Death of Inhumans 2
Ant Man & the Wasp 4

DC Universe

ComiXology
Batman 64
Birthright 35
Deathstroke 40
Die 2

Green Lantern 4
Low 20
Oblivion Song 11
Prodigy 2
Redneck 18
Walking Dead 187

Re-Reading:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS