HR Boards
September 29, 2020, 07:20:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Black Widow premieres in theaters November 6, 2020!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sad Day  (Read 1049 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 07, 2019, 08:44:10 PM »

I had a bit of sad day yesterday.  My daughter's (and the family's) bulldog, Stewart, unexpectedly passed away yesterday.  He was only seven years old (we got him at age 4) so we are shocked and heartbroken.  He died of cardiac arrest brought on by a lack of oxygen.

So this week pretty much sucks.   Sad

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »

i'm sorry to hear about that, Jeff.  We lost our dog back in 2013 and i had had him since 1999 when i was a bachelor living on my own.  It's a hard thing, I know.

Wishing you and especially your daughter better days ahead.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:37:37 AM »

Dude, so damn sorry to hear that.
Dogs are part of the family and its a huge loss when they pass.
My condolences to you and especially the little one, who it can be even harder on.

Just do me a favor and relish what you had, take the time to mourn, don't rush out and get another dog like some people do. Hopefully your little girl will be okay without another dog for a few months at the very least.

Regardless, my thoughts go out to you, the mrs and your daughter

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:22 AM »

Thanks guys.  We are missing him already.

And don’t worry, we don’t rush into getting new pets.  It will be awhile before get another one.  Likely another rescue.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:37:14 PM »

Oh that's....just heart breaking. My sympathies for that Jeff.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS