HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:40:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 69694 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »

And with Karate Kid II we have reached 40 Legionnaires!  Only nine more left to go!

Here's where I'm at with my list.

1   Wildfire
2   Dawnstar
3   Brainiac 5
4   Element Lad
5   Mon-El
6   Chameleon Boy
7   Ultra Boy
8   Cosmic Boy
9   Star Boy
10   Dream Girl
11   Phantom Girl
12   Sun Boy
13   Shadow Lass
14   Lightning Lad
15   Saturn Girl
16   Ferro Lad
17   Sensor Girl
18   Timber Wolf
19   Polar Boy
20   Karate Kid
21   Blok
22   Shrinking Violet
23   Duplicate Damsel
24   Lightning Lass
25   Colossal Boy
26   Supergirl
27   White Witch/Black Witch
28   Night Girl
30   Tyroc
32   Superboy
33   Chameleon Girl
34   Bouncing Boy
35   Invisible Kid
36   Invisible Kid II
37   Matter-Eater Lad
38   Tellus
39   Quislet
41   Chemical King
44   Magnetic Kid
48   Karate Kid II

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »

40 and 9 more to go? I thought there were only ....  Cheesy

Man, Double K Double I almost claims the last spot on your list and 45th on mine? Poor guy
 Cheesy

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#25 - Light/Lightning Lass
#26 - Supergirl
#27 - Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 -
#35 -
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 -
#42 -
#43 -
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 - Karate Kid II
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2019, 11:57:07 PM »

Man, Double K Double I almost claims the last spot on your list and 45th on mine? Poor guy
 Cheesy

Right?  Poor guy.  It's like they put him on the team just to kill him.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2019, 11:45:29 PM »

Green Lantern

Home world: Earth
Powers: Possesses a Green Lantern power ring.
First appeared in Adventure Comics #349 (October 1966); granted honorary membership in Adventure Comics #360 (September 1967).
Rond Vidar created by Jim Shooter, Mort Weisinger, and Curt Swan
Revealed as a Green Lantern in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #50 (September 1988). 
Last remaining member of the Green Lantern Corps, as revealed in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #2 (November 2008).
Killed in the same issue by Superboy-Prime.

Origin & History
Rond Vidar is the son of Universo, a longtime enemy of the Legion of Superheroes. Rond was sent to live with a family on Earth where he would be safe. He proved to be a genius with the concepts of Temporal Theory, even winning a prize for his invention of the time cube. The time cube later proved indispensable to the Legion as they used it to stop Universo from taking over the world. Shortly afterwards the Legion made Rond an honorary member. Rond continued his research and continued to influence the many advances in Temporal Science.

At some point during his career Rond was secretly recruited by the Guardians to serve as the Green Lantern of 2814, a fact closely guarded due to Earths ban against members of the Corps at the time. Rond kept this information to himself, not even sharing it with his friends among the Legion. Universo, who considered his son a threat to his plans because he was immune to his powers, eventually killed Rond. Though he managed to survive, he allowed everyone to believe him dead because the illusion made his mission easier. He continued to serve the corps, until his survival and identity were revealed when he helped to save Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Duo Damsel, and Mon-El during an attack on the Time Trapper. Due to Earths ban on Lanterns he was forced to leave the planet, never to return.

Rond Vidar was called upon for aid by the Legionnaires Dawnstar, Wildfire, and Blok as they rescued the White Witch from the clutches of Mordu. As they were preparing to make their escape Mordu arrived and attacked them, demanding that they return the White Witch to him. Rond was able to block the majority of his assault which led Modru to use necromancy to call upon his fallen foes to assault them. Rond attacked him with Knight Constructs, leading to a battle of wills. Mordu distracted them long enough that Superboy-Prime was able to arrive with his Legion of Villains.

Rond’s ring, presumably for the first time by his reaction, warned him to flee explaining escape from Prime as the only viable option. The Legionnaires were left trapped between Mordu. Rond constructed a barrier to keep Prime and his Legion at bay, and managed to buy enough time for Dawnstar and White Witch to create a star gate to the Legion’s base. Knowing that Prime’s Legion could not be allowed to follow Rond elected to stay behind, even going so far as to force the others through the gate when they protested.

After waiting for the gate to close, he lowered his shields and faced off against Prime and his Legion. He managed to fight his way through and defeat a number of his enemies; He used a prism to refract Lazon, blasted Emerald Empress and Storm Boy, used the construct of a mace to pummel Black Mace, a fist to knock out Titania, place a muzzle on Validus and blast Beauty Blaze with a cannon. He was preparing to face Earthman when Saturn Queen attacked him mentally. Using her powers of telepathy she disrupted his willpower which gave Prime an opportunity to capture him.

The villains pause for a moment to defer to his father Universo, who had no problem with his son’s death, simply stating his desire of the power ring. After telling his father he’d never have the ring, and spitting in his face, Rand was killed by Prime. Yet Rand was able to offer assistance to the Legion one last time. Later under direction from Brainiac 5, Mon-El returns to retrieve his body. He takes it to Oa as a sign of good will and to hopefully help in seeking the aid of Sodam Yat, the final member of the Green Lantern Corps, the last Guardian of the Galaxy.

Upon their arrival, Mon-El and Shadow Lass were surprised by the revelation of Sodam Yat. They were the only non-Corps to witness a Green Lantern Funeral. Sodam gathered his power, and used it to turn him into pure willpower. As his friends from the Legion lamented about him, Sodam himself did the same. Stating that Rond reminded him of the original Torchbearer, Kyle Rayner, it was his death, along with Mon-El's words that helped to inspire Sodam to re-start the Corps.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Green Lantern land?  For me he lands at #40.      

What's your opinion of Green Lantern?

*Above info found on Comicvine and Wikipedia.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2019, 11:32:36 PM »

XS

Home world: Aarok
Powers: Superspeed.
First appeared in Legionnaires #0 (October 1994); granddaughter of Barry Allen and first cousin of Bart Allen.
Native of the same universe as the post-Infinite Crisis team, as revealed in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #3 (April 2009).
Joined the Earth-247 team in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62 (November 1994).
Joined the post-Infinite Crisis team in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #5 (September 2009).
XS was created by Tom McCraw and Jeff Moy.

Origin & History
Jenni Ognats is the granddaughter of Barry and Iris Allen from their time in the 30th Century, and her mother is Dawn Allen, one of the Tornado Twins. Jenni and her cousin Bart Allen were raised to adolescence, a short span of time for Bart who aged rapidly. Eventually, the Tornado Twins were killed in battle and Jenni's Grandma Iris took Bart back to the 20th century for his safety as he had manifested speed powers. This left Jenni alone with her father, having not developed any abilities of her own. She was captured by the Dominators, an alien race with a long-standing interest in metahumans who knew of Jenni's heritage. Knowing that stress was likely to bring latent superpowers to the four, they forced Jenni to watch as they tortured her father. This had the desired effect and her super-speed kicked in. She used it to rescue her father and escape from the Dominators.

She worked with the United Planets scientists to gain some control of her powers and was thus drafted into the Legion of Super -Heroes as the representative from Aarok. She became a valued member of the team, her super speed saving the whole team early on when she single-handedly rescued them from the funeral bombing of Kid Quantum.

XS joined Star Boy and Dreamer on the planet Xanthu, where they succeeded in rescuing countless people from the Robotica invasion. She and Star Boy stayed behind on Xanthu while the planet evacuated and single-handedly staved off Robotican forces for sometime. They were eventually rescued by a reformed Legion of Super-Heroes who recruited them back into the fold. XS served with the team until an encounter with the Teen Titans and her cousin Bart and the Fatal 500 left the Legion trapped in the timestream. Eventually, Earth-247 was destroyed and being stuck in the timestream was the only thing that saved Jenni's existence. Her team of Legionnaires was plucked to New Earth to team with two other Legions in stopping Superboy-Prime. During this encounter, Jenni learned that she was originally born on New Earth. She finds out that her family escaped to Earth-247 because Professor Zoom was after them. Soon after they arrived on Earth-247, her mother and uncle killed under unknown circumstances. After suffering the loss of her father when Earth-247 collapsed, Jenni opted to stay on New Earth following the mission to try and seek out estranged family members. Gates elected to accompany her, while the rest of her team of Legionnaires returned to the Multiverse.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does XS land?  For me she lands at #29.      

What's your opinion of XS?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »

Okay, we are certainly getting to the bottom of the pile here. Lots of peeps that I know very little about or just don't care for and with XS (coming in at #35) taking one of the last two remaining spots in the 30s, it is looking pretty bleak going forward
 Cheesy
Rond Vidar ... just an honorary member and just another smart guy. You, sir can slide into the 40's no problem. He goes slightly higher than he deserves at #41
 Grin

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#26 - Supergirl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 -
#35 - XS
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 - Rond Vidar (GL)
#42 -
#43 -
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 - Karate Kid II
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »

Yeah...once you were past all the primary players...I didn't have as much thought towards anything.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2019, 07:31:47 PM »

What are your thoughts on this week's issue?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2019, 04:07:53 AM »

What are your thoughts on this week's issue?

Check out the weekly reader thread. There’s a lot of discussion there on this weeks issue.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2019, 12:19:23 AM »

Gates

Home world: Vyrga
Powers: Creation of teleportation "gates".
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #66 (March 1995).
Joined the Earth-247 team in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #76 (January 1996).
Joined the post-Infinite Crisis team in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #5 (September 2009).
Gates was created by Mark Waid, Tom McCraw, and Lee Mode

Origin & History
Ti'julk Mr'asz was born in the Earth-247 universe on the planet Vyrga, a jungle world of sentient insects. He was one of the planet's few free-thinkers among an otherwise conformist, hive-mind. He was also one of the few members of his race who manifested their latent power of teleportation. Ti'julk was given the names Gates and was "drafted" into the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Gates survived the Blight invasion of Earth. He went with the Legion to stop a tear in the space-time continuum where several Legionnaires were ultimately lost. Gates, passed out from the strain of teleporting survivors, was lost in space and kidnapped by Leland McCauley's forces. His teammates erroneously believed he had been lost in the rift with the others. For the next year, Gates was experimented on by Ra's al Ghul, who was posing as McCauley. Gates was instrumental in activating the repressed teleporter genome among other test subjects of his people. With little strength left, a power outage allowed Gates to escape and reunite with a reformed Legion of Super-Heroes. Gates joined back up, eager to help fix the government that Ra's al Ghul had corrupted. He once accidentally teleported the villain's arm off in battle, which Ra's later tried to extract revenge for. Ultimately, Earth-247 was destroyed in Infinite Crisis, but Gates and his fellow Legionnaires survived as they were lost in the timestream at the time.

The Earth-247 Legionnaires were eventually rescued and worked with two other Legion incarnations on New Earth to defeat Superboy-Prime. Upon Prime's defeat, Gates' team of Legionnaires elected to re-enter the timestream and push into the multiverse. Gates opted to remain on New Earth, which had recently gone through a period of xenophobia and figured an invertebrate's point of view on that team would be crucial. He also wished to stay to keep XS company, who has since taken a leave of absence.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Gates land?  For me he lands at #31.      

What's your opinion of Gates?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2019, 12:25:04 AM »

Sorry I missed last weeks update as I was out of town for Christmas.  But I'm back and ready to finish out this list starting with today's Legionnaire "Gates".

But next week.....Oooooooo next week.  It's the one you've ALL been waiting for!!!   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2019, 04:44:32 AM »

Actually, as a 'newer' Legionnaire to me; I like Gates! Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »

I have him filling my last spot in the 30s. Coming in at 34 makes him better than a lot of 'em  Grin

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#26 - Supergirl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 - Gates
#35 - XS
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 - Rond Vidar (GL)
#42 -
#43 -
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 - Karate Kid II
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2020, 12:14:15 AM »

Up Next.......

The Legionnaire you've all been waiting for! 

Well at least, the Legionnaire you all knew was coming eventually........

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2020, 12:39:15 AM »

Earth-Man

Home world: Earth
Powers: Super-power absorption and duplication.
Pre-Crisis version first appeared (as "Absorbency Boy") in Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #218 (July 1976).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #2 (August 2010).
Died battling the Adversary in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #16 (October 2011).

Origin & History
In his youth, Kirt Niedrigh applied for membership in the Legion of Super-Heroes and called himself Absorbancy Boy. Kirt had the power to absorb the powers of any metahuman being, but was rejected because his powers were limited. Further, Saturn Girl had analyzed his mind, and discovered his tendencies toward evil.

Angered by being rejected, Kirt found the "Zoraz" costume, which the Legionnaires used as a test for new Legionnaires. As "Zoraz", Kirt attacked the Legionnaires. After defeating them, Kirt revealed his identity, believing he had earned his place. The Legion did not agree, and Superboy attempted to take the suit from him. Kirt used the suit to project red sun radiation at Superboy, and absorbed his powers. He defeated Superboy, but Kirt himself was beaten by Legion applicant Tyroc.

The being known as the Time Trapper planted a crystal tablet in the Arctic that faked evidence that Superman was from Earth and not Krypton. Later, Kirt became known as Earth-Man, and he had claimed to have discovered the crystal artifact in the Arctic which proved that Superman was not an alien, but a human who was given abilites to protect Earth from alien invaders. Earth-Man used this information to cause distrust of aliens among the Earth people. Earth-Man was successful, as Earth seceded from the United Planets. All remaining aliens living on earth were deported or sent to prison camps. Other human Legion rejects joined Earth-Man's cause, including Spider Girl, Golden Boy, Storm Boy, Eyeful Ethel, Tusker and Radiation Roy. They formed the Justice League of Earth, a group dedicated to uphold Superman's beliefs. Many Legionnaires went on the run or captured by the Justice League. Earth-Man kept many Legionnaires held prisoner in the Justice League's satellite headquarters, and he absorbed their powers for himself. Using Sun Boy, he turned Earth's yellow sun into a red one.

Brainiac 5 sent for Superman, and brought him to the 31st century through the use of a Time Bubble. Together with other free Legionnaires, and the Legion of Substitute Heroes, they attacked the Justice League's satellite headquarters. Earth-Man took on Superman one on one, and with Superman powerless, was beating him easily. However, Brainiac 5 freed Sun Boy, and with Earth's sun yellow, Superman could fight Earth-Man equally. With Superman's powers returned, and the people of Earth viewing Earth-Man's actions, it convinced the people of Metropolis that they had been fooled. Earth-Man was doing well against Superman, but when all the freed Legionnaires arrived, he did not have a chance. Earth-Man and the Justice League of Earth were sent to Takron-Galtos.

The JLE, along with Earth-Man later joined forces with the Legion of Super-Villains, Fatal Five, Universo and Mordru. Since they had the same goal of destroying the Legion, Earth-Man agreed to join with them temporarily. With the combined might of the Legions of 3 Worlds (Earth-0, Earth-247 and Earth Prime) Superboy and Kid Flash, the villains were defeated and Earth-Man was sent back to prison.

Earth-Man still had pro-human supporters, and the government of Earth forced the Legion to accept Earth-Man into its ranks or be forced to leave Earth. Begrudgingly, the Legion offered Earth-Man membership, however, Brainiac 5 put certain 'controls' in Earth-Man's Legion Flight Ring. As Earth-Man was considering the Legion's offer, the being known as Dyogene of Oa, offered Earth-Man a Green Lantern Power Ring so that Earth-Man could be the new Green Lantern of sector 2814. Earth-Man accepts both offers, but uses his power ring to secretly disable most of the failsafes the Brainiac 5 put on his flight ring.

Earth-Man's first mission was to help the Legion in stopping an anti-alien riot. Back at headquarters, he asked the ring how it works. The ring told him, and produced the power battery for him to recharge. Earth-Man then revealed his power ring to Colossal Boy, while the power ring was prompting him to rescue sentients on the planet Ozifer. Earth-Man tried to aid the planet, but was overcome by the native creatures. He is saved by Sun Boy, and, with Element Lad's help, restores Ozifer's atmosphere to normal. Earth-Man throws the power ring into the swamp, and said he would not be a slave to it. He then journeyed back to Earth with the Legionnaires.

Earth-Man was later confronted by pro-human supporters, accusing him of not supporting their cause. Earth-Man assured them that he was going to save the Earth his way, and for them not to contact him again.

When the Legion face off against an ancient being known as the Bringer of Chaos, Earth-Man absorbs the powers of both his Legionnaires and the villain himself. Earth-Man kills the Bringer of Chaos, but dies himself in the confrontation. Shadow Lass takes his body back to Earth, proclaiming him to be a true champion

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Earth-Man land?  For me he lands at #49.  Dead last.  Worst Legionnaire EVER!!      

What's your opinion of Earth-Man?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS