HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:46:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 69707 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2019, 01:09:37 PM »

One of these days, Perry, I’m going to point out the legionnaire in your list that has been misspelled since day one.  But I just can’t do it because I’ve been picking on you so much lately.   Grin

Cheesy
HA! Me? Misspeell something?  Grin
Bendis has nothing on me!!

Of course now I have to go through the damn thing because I can't let things go, damn it
 Angry

I see nothing wrong on that list. It is a little known *fact that Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel when by Dublicate Girl for a good two hours before being talked out of it by "Satnur" Girl.
 Grin

*"Fact" being what facts are today
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »

I see nothing wrong on that list. It is a little known *fact that Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel when by Dublicate Girl for a good two hours before being talked out of it by "Satnur" Girl.

Grin Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2019, 06:21:57 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And yes, I screwed up in the joke even more by typing "when by" rather than "went by"
JEEZ!!!!!

Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »

Quislet

Home world: Teall
Powers: Energy being possessing the ability to inhabit and animate inanimate objects, which then disintegrate after Quislet's consciousness vacates them.
First appeared and joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #14 (September 1985).
Quislet created by Paul Levitz and Steve Lightle.

Origin & History
Quislet, whose real name was an unpronounceable glyph, was a microscopic energy-being from the alternate dimension of Teall who flew around in a tiny spaceship. Hailing from a dimension of energy beings with a hive mind, Quislet broke the mold and loved to have fun in stark contrast to his serious brethren. The Teallian civilization had devoted all its resources into building a ship with which to explore reality; although Quislet was often referred to as "he" despite lacking gender, or indeed, physicality, he told the Legion that he was an explorer selected by his people, though the truth is that Quislet stole the ship and fled through an inter-dimensional portal.

He happened upon the Legion just as they were holding membership auditions, having already made contact with the Science Police. Quislet's power levels impressed the Legionnaires and he aided them in bringing in city bombers. Despite being a relative unknown, he was voted into the Legion of Super-Heroes alongside four others. Quislet enjoyed being a Legionnaire and in fact practically any activity on Earth. He could often be found flying around in clubs and causing mischief with his teammates. Quislet helped fellow Legionnaire Wildfire form a solid corporeal body, eliminating his need for a containment suit for a short time. The pair even journeyed to Teall together once when Quislet's people kidnapped him, attempting to destroy him for his individuality.

Quislet and his ship later resurfaced as part of the post-Infinite Crisis continuity of Legionnaires. Since the Magic Wars, which took place after Quislet departed, are considered canon in that continuity, it is likely Quislet's ship was still destroyed but he was somehow able to return in an as-of-yet untold story.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Quislet land?  For me he lands at #39.      

What's your opinion of Quislet?

*Above info found on Comicvine and Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:34:15 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2019, 01:36:56 PM »

LOST MY ENTIRE POST AGAIN.

Be back later

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#15 - Polar Boy
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#36 - Invisible Kid II
#39 - White Witch
#40 - Magnetic Kid
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:45:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:30 PM »

Okay, so in my last post above I had written a good little piece about the little micronaut in the little ship and somehow erased it all before posting, so instead of going over all of that again, I decided to spend the time making my list as accurate as possible, seeing as how it got all screwed up before it got half way finished
 Angry

So for the question, I have place the little dude in at a respectable spot of 22.

Below is my "updated" and more accurate list of my favorite Legionnaires and I went back to a more favorable view of Wildfire and some others. I will not let my recent realization that Wildfire was written as a real ass at times, because the more I thought about it, most of the characters were written in that manner, depending on what was needed at the time. Hahaha.
I also enjoy the couple aspect so I seemed to think as Wildfire and Dawny, even though not a true romantic couple, as a piece of a whole.

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 -
#25 - Light/Lightning Lass
#26 - Supergirl
#27 - Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
#28 -
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 -
#35 -
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 -
#42 -
#43 -
#44 -
#45 -
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

And yes, 49!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »

Tellus

Home world: Hyrakius
Powers: Telepathy and telekinesis.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #9 (April 1985) as a student at the Legion Academy.
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #14 (September 1985).

Origin & History
In the latter half of the 30th Century, Ganglios was born on the gigantic water world of Hykraius. Despite poisonous methane elements in the atmosphere and water of Hykraius keeping contact with humans to a minimum, Ganglios learned of the existence of the Legion of Super-Heroes. His people were very new to the outside galaxy, having only recently made contact with other worlds thanks to the Gil'Dan. He was one of the first Hykraians to venture off-world.

Traveling to Earth, he was accepted into the Legion Academy and took the codename Tellus. Tellus was hoping to learn more about the Legion so that he could start a similar organization on his home world. Due to his unique physiology and breathing needs, Tellus wasn't the most social student and would often spend time in his room. Coupled with his unfamiliar race, it gave him an air of mystery among the Academy. When the first open auditions in years came for the Legion, the relatively new Tellus tried out with several of his classmates. He was advanced to the second round of auditions and when it came time for the Legionnaires to elect members, most heroes felt that either Tellus or another applicant named Mentalla should be chosen as they were telepathic and could replace the departing Saturn Girl. The Legionnaires opted for Tellus and he was sworn in alongside his classmate, Magnetic Kid.

While he and the other new recruits were captured on their first mission, Tellus quickly proved himself by aiding in apprehending terrorist platform bombers and defending a team of Legionnaires against the new Fatal Five. His xenological training with his telepathy meant many foreign creatures to human telepaths were easy for Tellus to manipulate. This training coupled with his telekinesis made Tellus a worthy Legionnaire even after Saturn Girl, the Legionnaire he was supposedly replacing, rejoined.

Tellus is the last member to join in the Bronze Age of Comics.  The Legion won't get another new member until 2008 our time.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Tellus land?  For me he lands at #38.      

What's your opinion of Tellus?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:52:10 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2019, 03:12:57 AM »

Night Girl

Home world: Kathoon
Powers: Super-strength when not in direct sunlight.
First appeared in Adventure Comics #306 (March 1963).
Legion membership first mentioned by Starman in Justice Society of America vol. 3, #6 (July 2007) and confirmed in Action Comics #860 (February 2008).

Origin & History
In the 30th-century heroine called Night Girl was a native of the planet Kathoon which belonged to the United Planets Federation. Her world which was in perpetual darkness, the natives having adapted by having it heated by an internal power source. Lydda was the only child of one of Kathoon's leading scientists, and grew up given his utmost attention and Lydda was very close to him. When Lydda became a teenager the newly debuted Legion of Super-Heroes entered the galactic scene, welcoming new recruits from all U.P. planets. Lydda idolized the Legionnaires (particularly Cosmic Boy, on whom she harbored a secret crush) and longed to become a member, so Lydda's father devised a brilliant idea to grant his daughter meta-human powers and have her join the Legion as Kathoon's representative. He took almost a year to perfect a serum that once ingested would change the living beings D.N.A. to its core, effectively giving its user superpowers. Lydda was more than eager to please her dedicated father, and although at first scared, she took the vial of serum from her father and ingested its liquid. She successfully exhibited the unique and powerful meta-human ability of great super strength, however only at night or in deep shadow. Her powers were negated by the presence of ultra-violet energy and as a result she unsuccessfully tried out for the Legion of Super-Heroes, who rejected her on the basis that a power that only worked in darkness was considered impractical. Devastated by the rejection, Lydda left the tryouts, trying to figure out how to tell her father.

Lydda soon met fellow Legion reject Polar Boy, who told her of his idea to form a secret reserve Legion team composed of other rejected heroes like themselves. As Night Girl, she became one of the founding members of the Legion of Substitute Heroes. The five-member Subs voluntarily took on lesser tasks that the Legion was too busy to handle, at first suffering failures, followed by mixed results. The team was often the butt of jokes and comic storylines, with Night Girl the only member that managed to keep her dignity throughout. The Substitutes were finally recognized by the Legion as a valuable asset after the Legion regulars were defeated during the assault on the Citadel of Throon. Night Girl and Polar Boy successfully led the Substitutes to a victorious attack on the fortress, lifting the siege. The Substitutes were granted Legion flight rings and official reserve status shortly afterward. During her time with the Substitutes, Night Girl worked hard to offset having powers with such a drastic limitation. She extensively developed her combat skills and soon became a highly-skilled martial artist. As a Sub, Lydda still harbored a major crush on Cosmic Boy. Eventually Cosmic Boy noticed her as well the two began a long-term romantic relationship.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Night Girlland?  For me he lands at #28.      

What's your opinion of Night Girl?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

As for Night Girl, you read my mind. Exactly the same spot

And I forgot to come back for Tellus, we have different thoughts on him
 Grin

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#26 - Supergirl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 -
#35 -
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 -
#42 -
#43 -
#44 -
#45 -
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2019, 08:08:07 PM »

And I forgot to come back for Tellus, we have different thoughts on him
 Grin

#24 - Tellus

You put him way above others than I would have expected.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »

I think he and Quislet were a good pairing. I seem to remember that. But I could be wrong
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »

I think he and Quislet were a good pairing. I seem to remember that. But I could be wrong
 Cheesy Cheesy

I don't remember much about them so you could be totally right.  I need to get around to re-reading them one of these days.  Especially since I bought those giant Omnibus' last year!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2019, 12:11:17 AM »

Chameleon Girl

Home world: Durla
Powers: Shapeshifting.
First appeared (impersonating Shrinking Violet) in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, #286 (April 1982).
True form and identity revealed in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, #305 (November 1983).
Legion membership first revealed in Action Comics #861 (March 2008).
Chameleon Girl created by Paul Levitz, Keith Giffen, and Pat Broderick .

Origin & History
Yera is from Earth, in the 30th century. Yera's family had migrated to Earth early on so Yera was actually born on Earth and not on Durla. This was enough to alter her perception of identity. Yera was an aspiring actress who saw her races' repulsion of artistic expression as a failing and so chose to continue an education in the arts. But due to Yera being of Durlan heritage she was barred by law from taking acting jobs. The reasoning behind this law was that their natural shape-changing abilities would both provide an unfair advantage over actors of other, non-shape-changing races, and moreover, would not require true acting talent to emulate a character, a requirement that students of the art find necessary for a show's value. All Yera ever managed to find were small, out-of-the-way jobs, where she got no exposure and her true acting talents, leaving her to land only a few minor parts in less than favorable Holo-Vids, she soon wound up with the wrong crowd.

Sometime later, Yera was approached by the Imskian rebel Micro Lad and told that Legionnaire Shrinking Violet would be working with them on a secret mission. It would be so secret that even the Legionnaires wouldn't know she was gone. He hired Yera to imitate her and take her place in the Legion. Yera was excited knowing that if she could fool the Legionnaires into believing she was one of their own, no actor's guild would bar her. The switch was made while the real Shrinking Violet was vacationing on the asteroid home of Legion financier R. J. Brande. Yera impersonated Violet for months, along the way entering into a relationship with Colossal Boy and secretly marrying him. Suspecting something was odd about Violet early on, Element Lad and Shvaughn Erin reveal to Brainiac 5 and Chameleon Boy that "Shrinking Violet" is an impostor. Brainiac 5 sprays "Violet" with Cancelite, an invention of Supergirl's that freezes Durlans temporarily in their form. When Violet is unable to size change once sprayed, her ruse is revealed. The Legion rescues the real Violet from Micro Lad and a group of terrorists operating on Imsk with Yera's intel. Despite what happened, Colossal Boy realized he loved her and not Violet, so they decided to stay togethor as husband and wife.

The events of Infinite Crisis brought together the Legions of all three continuities. Afterward, the current Legion of Super-Heroes returned to being a close approximation of the original Pre-Crisis team, once again set on New Earth. It is revealed that sometime in the interim Yera has joined the Legion either as a full or honorary member and adopted the codename Chameleon Girl. When planet Earth decides to galvanize their support for the Legion and Superman's true legacy, Yera and other aliens are deported. Brainiac 5 contacts Yera and hires her to infiltrate the new Justice League of Earth who organized the coup against alien life. Yera discovers that Sun Boy is being used to turn the sun red, but is beaten and captured herself by Earth Man. She is later freed and the Legion reforms. Yera returns to acting work, but resumes Legion duties as Chameleon Girl when called upon.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Chameleon Girl land?  For me she lands at #33.      

What's your opinion of Chameleon Girl?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2019, 01:05:40 AM »

Yeah, we are getting into the weeds now.
 Grin
I threw her in at #44.
Around this time it all kinda jumbles in my mind/head/heart, apart for two that I have a little higher than Magnetic Kid.
But then again, if I'm completely honest, anything/anyone after Bouncing Boy is on either the "I don't like them" scale or the "irrelevant" scale for me
 Grin.
Okay, only one on the "I don't like them" scale really  Cheesy

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#26 - Supergirl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 -
#35 -
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 -
#42 -
#43 -
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 -
#46 -
#47 -
#48 -
#49 -

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »

Karate Kid II

Home world: Lythyl
Powers: Mastery of all known martial arts.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #13 (August 1985).
Joined as a replacement for Val Armorr, as revealed in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #1 (October 2008).
Killed by Radiation Roy in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #3 (April 2009).
Karate Kid II was created by Paul Levitz, Steve Lightle, and Larry Mahlstedt

Origin & History
Myg grew up on the lawless world of Lythyl, where one is either a slave or a master, depending on his or her ability to fight. Myg learned quickly, and by his early teens had become a martial arts master. He was then asked to become one of Lythyl's ruling council known as the Three Judges.

After Val Armorr, the first Karate Kid, died, Timber Wolf and Sensei Toshiaki, who was one of Val Armorr's teachers traveled to Lythyl to fulfill a stipulation in Karate Kid's will. Intrigued by this honorable concept, Myg became their guide to Lythyl and learned about their way of life. After sparring with Myg, Sensei Toshiaki saw the potential for good in Myg, and decided to get him away from Lythyl. Timber Wolf and Sensei Toshiaki then knocked Myg unconscious, and brought him to Val Armorr's grave on Shanghalla. There they told him of Karate Kid's legend. Myg was inspired by the respect that others paid to Val and he vowed to become worthy of Karate Kid's name.

Myg then enrolled in the Legion Academy, where he learned teamwork from the instructors there in addition to more martial arts training under Sensei Toshiaki. While at the Academy, Myg went on a mission with Cosmic Boy, Night Girl, Comet Queen and Bouncing Boy to stop a threat from the Dominators. This group, along with Duo Damsel, then became a short-lived lineup for the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

Some time later Myg became an official Legionnaire and remained with the team until Val Armorr returned to life. He then went back to Lythyl and tried to bring about positive changes, becoming a diplomat and Lythyl's liaison to the United Planets.

When the Legion of Supervillains attacked the United Planets Council, Myg fought against them, defeating Tusker before being killed by Radiation Roy.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Karate Kid II land?  For me he lands at #48.      

What's your opinion of Karate Kid II?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS