HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:35:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 69709 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »

This is another example of my list being screwed  Cheesy Forgot all about him when I was trying to "Blok" off certain numbers for characters that would be upcoming from Jeff.

I am throwing him at #13. the highest open spot, but I think he will end up in my top ten, once all is said and done. I think he will anyway.

On second thought, looking at the list, I don't think he will.
 Cheesy
Nevermind

(And stop telling me "nevermind" is spelled incorrectly, Microsoft or HR spell checker! I use it the way it should be used!!! I suck at spelling, I know, but "never mind" is a felling - I never mind taking the dog for a walk. DAMN YOU. It is now "added to dictionary"  Tongue)
 Cheesy Cheesy

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad
#44 - Ferro Lad

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2019, 11:23:53 PM »

Invisible Kid II

Home world: Earth
Powers: Invisibility and Teleportation.
First appeared and joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, Annual #1 (1982).
Invisible Kid II created by Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen.

Origin & History
Jacques Foccart grew up in the 31st century on Africa's Ivory Coast with his two sisters. He is a native of Earth from what was once the francophone African nation of Côte d'Ivoire. One day, his younger sister got a thought incurable disease that caused electrical dysfunction in her brain.

Jacques brought him to the Legion to help save her, and luckily Brainiac 5 took an interest in her case. Brainiac realized that the only way he could save the girl was to release Computo into the girl. The sentient, but evil Computo then attacked the Legion using their own headquarters as a weapon and almost destroyed them. Brainiac 5 remembered that Jacques, whom Computo had ignored, was still free in Legion headquarters. Using the Legion's telepathic plugs, he instructed Jacques to find a vial of the Lyle Norg's invisibility serum and drink it. This enabled Jacques to sneak up on Computo and inject his sister with a tranquilizer that neutralized Computo.

For his bravery, Jacques was rewarded with Legion membership as the second Invisible Kid.  Jacques found that not only could he turn invisible, but he could also teleport. He found this out when he teleported a Wharlik Khund and himself into space.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Invisible Kid II land?  For me he lands at #36.    

What's your opinion of Invisible Kid II?

*Above info found on Comicvine and Wikipedia.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:36 PM »

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Invisible Kid II land?  For me he lands at #36.    

Ya know what, I have not true hate for the guy, Kinda like him, I guess, but nothing special either. Oh why not, I have that spot open. I am going to use your number.
 Cheesy

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#36 - Invisible Kid II
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2019, 11:25:59 PM »

White Witch/Black Witch

Home world: Naltor
Powers: Spellcasting.
First appeared (as "The Hag") in Adventure Comics #350 (November 1966).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, #294 (December 1982).
The White Witch was created in 1966 by writer Jim Shooter and artist Curt Swan. Though introduced to the Legion back in the Silver Age, she did not actually become a Legionnaire until 1982, during the Great Darkness Saga.

Origin & History
Mysa Nal was the younger daughter of the High Seer of Naltor. Unlike her fellow Naltorians who have precognitive powers, Mysa was born "blind" in that she could not see into the future. This made Mysa an outcast among her people, resulting in an unhappy and lonely childhood. After her mother died, her older sister Nura Nal (who later became Dream Girl) promised to protect her from persecution. But Mysa refused the offer and instead traveled to the Sorcerer's World, where she studied the mystical arts. Mysa demonstrated a remarkable aptitude for magic and soon became an accomplished sorceress. She excelled in her studies to the point where even the evil sorcerer Mordru grew envious of her abilities, setting the stage for his later attempts to harness her power for himself.

Before mastering the magical arts Mysa originally had red hair and blue eyes, but as a side effect of her continued immersion in magic, her hair and skin gradually became chalk white and her eyes turned a bright red.

Mysa's first appearance was as the aged and ugly Hag, an evil witch. She was a member of the villainous Prince Evillo's Devil's Dozen. When the Legion Of Super-Heroes fought Evillo, two mysterious new Devil's Dozen recruits revealed themselves to be the Legionnaires Star Boy and Dream Girl (Mysa's sister) in disguise. Dream Girl then cast a spell that restored Mysa to her beautiful true form. It was later revealed that Mysa's transformation into the Hag was the work of the villainous wizard Mordru, who had long coveted Mysa's power for himself. Mysa later reappeared to aid the Legion as the White Witch during the Great Darkness Saga. She managed to summon the spirit of Darkseid's ancient enemy Izaya, who in turn brought about Darkseid's defeat. In return for her help the White Witch was offered Legion membership, so she joined the Legion of Super-Heroes and soon became close friends with fellow new Legionnaire Blok.

She helped Brainiac 5 to call in other Legionnaires from different realities to fight against Superboy-Prime and his Legion of Super-Villains. When Prime killed Kinetix, Mordru gained all of her magical powers (and all magic of Earth-247 with in her). Mordru then gravely injured fellow Legionnaire Blok, who was trying to protected Mysa. Enraged she used her most powerful spell "Aufero Magus Infusco" which caused all Mordu magical powers and his physical form to be absorbed into Mysa, causing her to transform into the Black Witch.

After the battle with Superboy Prime LOSV. Mysa and seriously injured Blok returned to Sorcerer's World, where she became the new ruler of the world. Mysa and Blok later proclaimed their love for one another, which caused the darkness within her to be more easily controled and she magically repaired Blok rocky body. Black Witch sent her apprentice Glorith to Earth to become a member of the Legion Academy.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does White Witch/Black Witch land?  For me she lands at #27.    

What's your opinion of White Witch/Black Witch?

EDIT: Fixed number.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:26:21 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »

Now that I have 5 minutes ....  Angry Roll Eyes

Another Legionnaire that I like, but don't really enjoy.

On the list she would fall near the bottom, but probably not as far as I am putting her. I can't help but think there is someone else coming that I enjoy much less, but still she is going to land in the last open spot as, yeah, I can't think of anyone worse that is coming up off hand, well One of them for sure, but I think the list is 43 spots long, right? If not, my 42nd and those close to that will move up at the end of this anyway. Eh, better leave room just in-case.
 Cheesy

And Jeff, is your no answer a hidden one, one you just don't know yet or one that means she ranks so low she is off scale?
 Grin

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#36 - Invisible Kid II
#39 - White Witch
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:44 PM »

And Jeff, is your no answer a hidden one, one you just don't know yet or one that means she ranks so low she is off scale?
 Grin

Oh Dangit!  I use a template to help me with these and I forgot to change out the xx's for the actual number!!

I'll go fix it but to clear up the drama, her number is.....drum roll, please.....

...I think the list is 43 spots long, right? If not, my 42nd and those close to that will move up at the end of this anyway.

LOL.  There is 49 total spots.  But of those, there are 5 I don't know anything about because they joined in 2011 as recruits from the Academy.  I'm still including them but they will be at the bottom of my list just because I don't really know them.  I should go back and read those issues just so I can learn about them though, before they show up for the list.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »

Magnetic Kid

Home world: Braal
Powers: Magnetism manipulation; ability to generate and control magnetic fields.
First appeared in Adventure Comics #335 (August 1965).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #14 (September 1985).
Killed by the Arch-Mage in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #62 (July 1989).

Origin & History
Pol Krinn is a native of the planet Braal, where all of its natives are born with the ability to manipulate and generate magnetism. Pol Krinn's brother is Rokk Krinn, and known to the world as Cosmic Boy, the founder of the Legion Of Super-Heroes. The Krinn family moved from Braal to Earth to be close to Cosmic Boy. Three criminals use an old extortion scheme known as 'fireballing' and decimate a couple of neighborhoods including where Rokk's family lived. Pol and their father barely survive and the mom dies from the radiation. After recovering, Pol Krinn decides to enter the Legion Academy to follow in Cosmic Boy's footsteps, even donning his brother's old costume. In the Legion Academy, Pol Krinn developed his magnetic abilities and took on the name Magnetic Kid, as was tradition in the Legion Academy to take on a superhero name. While in the Legion Academy, Magnetic Kid formed close friendships with Tellus and Shadow Lad.

During a recruitment drive when the Legion of Super-Heroes was found wanting new members, Magnetic Kid applied for membership and was accepted. During this time period, Cosmic Boy took an extended leave from the team, so the brothers never served on the team together. Magnetic Kid was killed in the line of duty, sacrificing himself, when the Legion of Super-Heroes were involved in the Magic Wars, where magic prevailed over science. Pol Krinn sacrificed himself so that the Sorcerer's World could be opened and all the Legionnaires could fight the source of the problem. A statue has been erected in his honor along with other fallen Legionnaires in Shanghalla.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Magnetic Kid land?  For me he lands at #44.  He is the first of the legionnaires who are unknown to me which is why I can't really rank him anywhere else.  He is at the top of my unknown list simply because he has the same powers as Cosmic Boy.    

What's your opinion of Magnetic Kid?

*Above info found on Comicvine.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »

Yeah, don't remember him at all. I like the costume ... haha, that is about all I can say.
Not the worst but pretty low I guess. Dropping him in at #40

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#36 - Invisible Kid II
#39 - White Witch
#40 - Magnetic Kid
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »

49!!!!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2019, 04:02:06 PM »

49!!!!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2019, 01:47:59 AM »

Polar Boy

Home world: Tharr
Powers: Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
First appeared in Adventure Comics #306 (March 1963).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #14 (September 1985).

Origin & History
Brek Bannin grew up on the planet Tharr, in the 30th Century. Tharr is considered one of the hottest inhabited planets in the galaxy. Brek's family live in the hottest valley of the planet where the inhabitants developed the power to create super cold, snow, and ice as a way to combat the persistent heat. He first tried out for the Legion, but was unable to control his powers. He was rejected because members felt his powers might interfere in missions. He became a supporting character as leader of the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

Bannin then started the Legion of Substitute Heroes with other rejected applicants, and was their first leader, a role he held until they disbanded years later. He was the youngest person to ever try out for the Legion. He and the Subs aided the Legion numerous times mostly as local law enforcement while the Legion was off-world. Because of the success of the Substitute Legion, the regular Legion waived the age restriction, when he eventually disbanded the Subs and he joined the regular Legion and was inducted along with Sensor Girl, Magnetic Kid, Tellus, and Quislet.  Polar Boy eventually was elected Legion leader (by readers).

After the Magic Wars, Brek stay on as Legionnaire when the Legion found itself more harassed by Earthgov (who was secretly controlled by the alien Dominators). The team being to fell apart, which lead Sun Boy who was the leader to step down. Brek unofficial took over as leader of the Legion. He even brought in his old pals from the Substitute Heroes into the Legion. But the Earthgov forced the Legion to end, Polar Boy didn't lose his idealism of Legion dream. He continued to fight the good fight which lead to him to be arrest for “insurrection”

Post-Infinate Crisis
In Action Comics #860, Polar Boy is seen in a torture camp, captured by the anti-alien society of 31st century Earth. His arm had been ripped off, but upon his release by Superman and the Legion, he created a replacement out of ice.

In Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds, Polar Boy is among the Legionnaires assembled against Superboy-Prime and the new Legion of Super-Villains. To combat this threat, Brainiac 5 sends Ryan, Dawnstar and Wildfire on an undisclosed mission to the 21st Century. Returning to present with a strand of Lex Luthor's hair (which the Legion use to revive Conner Kent), Polar Boy engages Superboy-Prime, trying to hold him off long enough for Brainiac 5's experiment to work. He is nearly killed by Prime, but is saved by Sun Boy.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Polar Boy land?  For me he lands at #19.      

What's your opinion of Polar Boy?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »

Another prime example of why I need to redo my list. I think, at the very least, I would have to switch Polar and Ultra Boy. I have always liked Polar and his drive to become a legionnaire. His actions were not always the best, but his drive was a way to tell my young self to keep going.
 Grin

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Mon-El
#03 - Cosmic Boy
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Dawny
#06 - Chameleon Boy
#07 - Element Lad
#08 - Ultra Boy
#09 - Sun Boy
#10 - Wildfire
#11 - Star Boy
#12 - Lightning Lad
#13 - Blok
#14 - Shrinking Violet
#15 - Polar Boy
#16 - Dream Girl
#18 - Timber-Wolf
#21 - Saturn Girl
#22 - Shadow Lass
#23 - Colossal Boy
#25 - Dublicate Girl
#28 - Supergirl
#29 - Lightning Lass
#30 - Superboy
#31 - Sensor Girl
#33 - Tyroc
#34 - Bouncing Boy
#36 - Invisible Kid II
#39 - White Witch
#40 - Magnetic Kid
#41 - Invisible Kid
#42 - Matter-Eater Lad

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »

Another prime example of why I need to redo my list. I think, at the very least, I would have to switch Polar and Ultra Boy. I have always liked Polar and his drive to become a legionnaire. His actions were not always the best, but his drive was a way to tell my young self to keep going.
 Grin

I totally agree.  I liked having that character that never stopped trying and eventually got rewarded for all his efforts.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »

One of these days, Perry, I’m going to point out the legionnaire in your list that has been misspelled since day one.  But I just can’t do it because I’ve been picking on you so much lately.   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2019, 02:12:32 AM »

I love Polar Boy! His no quit attitude, with a power that wasn't anything to sneeze at, made me a fan!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS