HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:25:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 69690 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 23, 2019, 01:13:11 AM »

No Legion since February 2014.  That's FIVE years!

Then there was the 2016 Hickman tease that never appeared.  THAT was three years ago.

WHERE IS OUR LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is all.....for now.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:05:11 AM »

It's hopeful for their return!

Hopefully not by Bendis though...

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:12:56 PM »

One of four things will (likely) be the case soon

Legion of Super-Heroes written by Brian M. Bendis - I would not be too happy as Bendis isn't a good "Team" writer to me.
Legion of Super-Heroes written by Geoff Johns - I would be fine with this, but with him being a movie head now ...
Legion of Super-Heroes written by Jonathan Hickman - What is Hickman been working on anyway? He has what ... one book coming out currently and that is hardly monthly. And while this is pretty much fan dreaming, can you imagine a more perfect writer for this group?
and
Legion of Super-Heroes written by someone else - This would be the less impactful one for me, although better than the Bendis pick for the reason stated above, but still would be happy to have the team back.

Johns WAS working on something to bring the team back before he pulled that cushy job at DC/Warner Brothers (which hey, not saying he didn't deserve, just that I was sad to see him go) so I just have to believe that something is still in the pipeline ... somewhere.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »

Legion of Super-Heroes written by Brian M. Bendis - I would not be too happy as Bendis isn't a good "Team" writer to me.

Not my favorite choice for sure.  He is hit or miss.  But I would read it hoping for a "hit".

Legion of Super-Heroes written by Geoff Johns - I would be fine with this, but with him being a movie head now ...

He is a Legion fan and would likely do a good job but it would run late and go bi-monthly like Doomsday Clock.  You nailed it - he's just too busy.

Legion of Super-Heroes written by Jonathan Hickman - What is Hickman been working on anyway? He has what ... one book coming out currently and that is hardly monthly. And while this is pretty much fan dreaming, can you imagine a more perfect writer for this group?

This would be my dream writer for this series.  He's proven to be able to handle a cast this size and his run would likely be epic.  But like you, I don't think this will ever happen.   Sad

Legion of Super-Heroes written by someone else - This would be the less impactful one for me, although better than the Bendis pick for the reason stated above, but still would be happy to have the team back.

This is probably most likely which means they'll put a newbie on who can't handle it.  I'm fearful it will go the way of the Titans.

Maybe we should write it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 03:59:11 PM »

Maybe we should write it?

HELL YEAH!!!

I will plot and you script? Only because my writing is crap.  Cheesy but heck, you can even co-plot of course  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 12:26:03 AM »

I've been trolling around the internet looking for Legion stuff and realized there are 49 members - 50 if you count Super-Boy.  Soooooo - I'm going to attempt to spotlight one member a week in order of appearance for the coming year in order of appearance.  Of course for those appearing at the same time, I'll just pick one.

Who knows if I can keep this up but Perry's doing a pretty good job on his weekly Avatar post so I'm feeling inspired.

Let's get started!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:30:04 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 12:27:26 AM »

Cosmic Boy

Home world:  Braal   
Powers:  Magnetism manipulation; control and generation of magnetic fields.
First appeared in Adventure Comics #247 (April 1958).
Revealed to be a founding member in Superboy #147 (May/June 1968).   

Origin
Rokk Krinn's parents struggling for work on the impoverished, metallic world of Braal, Rokk Krinn left at the age of 15 for the mother world of Earth to find work to assist his family. Following his flight, Krinn helped save billionaire R.J. Brande from an assassination attempt along with Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen. Brande was impressed by the youth and offered them work founding a team of young super-heroes. Rokk accepted and became Cosmic Boy, the team's first leader.

During his tenure as leader the Legion's first year, he took the team from a trio of nobodies to an 18-member team of intergalactic heroes. Saturn Girl was elected his replacement. He served with the Legion for years, dedicated and being a figurehead as a founding member and the first leader even when just another active member.

On your list of favorite Legionairres where does Cosmic Boy land?  Is number 1, number 50, or somewhere in between?

What's your opinion of Cosmic Boy?

*Above info found on Wikipedia and Comicvine.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:30:34 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 01:24:57 AM »

Sweet! Love it.

Are you going to throw all iterations of the members up (IE: Live Wire for Lightning Lad or Leviathan for Colossal Boy) or just keep it to the main, true line-up (Pre-third re-boot)?

I vote for the original stuff, but maybe a note with their other, not true, names  Grin, perhaps?

And as for ranking ... off hand, and knowing my list changes every year or so  Grin ... Cos has always been a top 5 Legionnaire for me, so currently, out of 50 (and man this is going to get hard keeping track) I'm going to go with #3. At least until I have to edit that number
 Cheesy Cheesy

And was there only 50 members? Is that a complete list? Just a list before the threeboot? I have no idea, just wondering.
 Smiley

EDIT - Curiosity got the best of me and it seems there were 102 "Members" total?

Although that is counting all the reboots and even some that are not in the reboot list shouldn't/cant count as they were not true members or they were busted as impostors or whatever ...
So original line-up there were 50 members?
Sounds good!!!!
 Smiley

Oh, another edit ... is Jimmy Olsen being counted in your list of 50?
 Grin Cheesy
No reserve members, yeah?
 Smiley

And for my own benefit ...
Perry's list of remembrance
 Grin

#3 Cosmic Boy

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:33:07 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 02:45:58 AM »

Are you going to throw all iterations of the members up (IE: Live Wire for Lightning Lad or Leviathan for Colossal Boy) or just keep it to the main, true line-up (Pre-third re-boot)?

Nope.  Only the Pre-Crisis Legion - which was "Retrobooted" after Infinite Crisis.

And was there only 50 members? Is that a complete list? Just a list before the threeboot? I have no idea, just wondering.
 Smiley

Like above - the Pre-Crisis Legionnaire's and then anyone who joined after the Retro-boot.  Some of the members from the alternate earth Legion's stayed after the the Retro-boot (which is after the threeboot) and joined the "true" Legion.  I've included them in the 50 number.

Oh, another edit ... is Jimmy Olsen being counted in your list of 50?

Absolutely....NOT.   Cheesy

No Reserve members unless they eventually joined (like Polar Boy).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:53:30 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 03:11:56 AM »

And I need to make a correction.  Superboy was included in the list of 49, so the number isn't 50 but 49.

So if they come back - who will one day be that big member 50?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 03:33:11 AM »

For a while, I always liked Ultra Boy most. Mon El as well. Sun Boy too! Core 3 are always great, really struck gold with them!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 03:53:38 AM »

For a while, I always liked Ultra Boy most. Mon El as well. Sun Boy too! Core 3 are always great, really struck gold with them!

Love those guys too.  Ultra Boy and Mon-El are in my top six.  Sun Boy lands in #12 on my list.  At least as of today.   Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:14 PM »

I should have also mentioned the Cosmic Boy lands at #8 on my list of favorites.  A top 10 character!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »

I hated and at the same time loved his "open front, closed sides"costume.

It truly made no sense. Especially for a guy.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 11:18:39 PM »

I hated and at the same time loved his "open front, closed sides"costume.

It truly made no sense. Especially for a guy.
 Cheesy

Oh you are not kidding there.  I prefer his current one so much better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS