HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:26:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GEORGE PEREZ Announces Retirement  (Read 2579 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 22, 2019, 02:33:06 AM »

Looks like George is hanging up the pen for health reasons.  But he'll still draw you a sketch at conventions.

GEORGE PEREZ Announces Retirement

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:20:11 AM »

while I am happy that George has had such a long and storied career and will be forever known as one of the greats in the industry and one of my top 5 all time favorite artists, the only word I have for this news is NOT family friendly.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:29:02 PM »

Anyone that saw the art in his Siren title knew his day in the sun was over long before now. Sure he will always be at the top end of many of our lists for as long as at least I can foresee, but he has just not been able to draw for a very long time. Sad to see retirement forced on him like this, but it was kind of forced on him a long time ago. I guess now it is just official
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:09:55 PM »

Anyone that saw the art in his Siren title knew his day in the sun was over long before now. Sure he will always be at the top end of many of our lists for as long as at least I can foresee, but he has just not been able to draw for a very long time. Sad to see retirement forced on him like this, but it was kind of forced on him a long time ago. I guess now it is just official
 Undecided

Sadly, I thought the same thing.   This vision problem is probably what affected his art on Sirens.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS